Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

Moving the map editor code

In the current berlios git repository, the map editor is a separate branch. I can't remember who did that (it may well have been me!) but I don't think it belongs on a branch. I've recently fixed the build (for Linux at least) and committed those changes. However, I would like to move the code to a map_editor sub-directory of the main client. I have a working version of this I'm ready to commit. Any objections?

I also need a few tips on building for windows. I usually use dev-c++ for the client but have no idea how to get the map editor to work in that IDE. How do others build the map editor on windows?

Edited by bluap

In the current berlios git repository, the map editor is a separate branch. I can't remember who did that (it may well have been me!) but I don't think it belongs on a branch. I've recently fixed the build (for Linux at least) and committed those changes. However, I would like to move the code to a map_editor sub-directory of the main client. I have a working version of this I'm ready to commit. Any objections?

None whatsoever, should've been done a long time ago.

Well I've done it. I shifted around the code in the map_editor branch then merged it into the master branch. Its all fixed up and compiling for Linux. I could not delete the map_editor branch for some reason. The windows makefile still needs fixing but I can look into that soon. There's also still the data_dir bug to resolve for Linux. There is a possible fix here which I'll test/adjust as soon as I have windows compiling.

Edited by bluap

I built the map editor for Windows using the MinGW environment that I also use for the GL2 client.

After updating the Makefile.win it compiled without problems and runs fine...

I built the map editor for Windows using the MinGW environment that I also use for the GL2 client.

After updating the Makefile.win it compiled without problems and runs fine...

That's good. Can you post the new makefile?

Here is the Makefile.win

Btw: has github a similar area to post patches like Berlios?

Thanks, I'm still struggling to set-up mingw, I hate windows :P

I guess gitHub uses fork and pull requests in place of patches. If you want to give it a try I'll wait to commit the makefile....

Edited by bluap

Guess I'll have to look into that... :=))

This package should help you. It contains the complete MinGW environment needed for EL.

The fork/pull was simple enough:) Thanks for the mingw package link, I'll give it a go.