Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
schaeffer8888

devilofwar & Devil_liveD

Hello, this is devilofwar posting on behalf of myself and my brother Devil_liveD. We have both tried to log on to our accounts today to find that they inaccessible. Upon speaking with Usl, I have found out that our characters are locked for rules violation.

We currently both play on the same IP address and have done so at two different addresses. This includes our current and previous places of residence. While only completing some very small scale trades, I do not think that we have violated any same IP rules of conduct.

While living at our previous residence, we were asked to contact Aislinn about getting our identities verified as two different people. However I was unable to make contact with her and in the chaos of changing residences, have lost the contact information that I was provided to reach her via email. Please let me know if there are any actions I can take to clear up the issues we have caused by playing on the same IP address.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we have caused and look forward to resolving this issue.

Thank you

devilofwar

Well first of all, you were told you could trade pending proof submitted first, whatever chr0nik arranged with you. That never happened, yet you have been ingame for at least a month (and active) since that discussion with chr0nik, yet you have made no attempts to contact me or any mods. Therefore no trades should have happened either.

Second, you both would be on no alts restrictions and there were alts involved as well.

Thank you for the prompt reply, Aislinn. I am very sorry that I have not contacted you. As I mentioned, I lost your contact email and it has slipped my mind to try and contact you in game after that first night when you were not online. I apologize for not trying to rectify the situation sooner and would certainly like to cooperate in anyway possible now.

As far as the use of alts goes, I have not used any myself but it is possible that my brother may have. I will have to ask him. Is there anything that I can do to resolve this issue? Once again, you have my sincerest apologies.

Edited by schaeffer8888

In keeping with the rules of this section, I submit evidence that I personally know both the Devilofwar character and devil_lived character are not alts. Devilofwar was previously owned by the above player, then given back to him by another ace member after he returned to the game again. The devil_lived character was used in the interim by this player, then passed ownership to his brother once the original devilofwar character was returned to this player.

This may or may not be the alt issues you're talking about Aislinn, but if it is, I can verify the previous owner and supply their contact details, feel free to forum pm me if this is required. If it isnt the issue, then I apologise for posting but felt it was relevant under the section rules in this case.

- PYE

Thanks pyewacket.

There were other alts involved as well.

However, the fact still remains that:

1. They were not allowed to trade anyway because they never submitted any proof, via a test ingame, photo, whatever was discussed with chr0nik. Also they are on no alts, no sharing, no trading restrictions due to past infractions.

2. If that character is being passed around, they still aren't allowed to trade.

Hello Aislinn. Thank you for still staying active with this thread. As far as alts go, the only other character that has been used is Greffith. This was my brother's character before I gave him Devil_liveD to use. He has used that character maybe once or twice and there has surely been no interaction between that character and devilofwar or Devil_liveD. Any other characters that have shown up on the same IP as me are not mine. It has been mentioned to me that bonecollector and warangel have been seen on the same IP as me. Both of these are my friend's characters. We used to go to the same house (not my house and thus not my IP) and play together, but this goes back several years. I believe bonecollector logged onto my IP on Saturday afternoon (EST) very briefly to show another friend that was visiting his character. Again, no interaction with my character at that time. I assure you that devilofwar is my only active character and Devil_liveD is my brother's only one. Other than the names listed above, I have no knowledge of ANY other account being logged on my IP. If you have other information, please let me know.

I have seen no indication of any steps that can be taken to unlock our characters. The details given to my by chr0nik were slightly unclear, as I just reviewed my chat logs. I also have at least three different instances in my logs of me trying to contact you, some of which you were online but afk, so you should at least be able to see some of them. Also, I have PMs in my logs with Cordor, Radu, and chr0nik about whitelisting (I'm not sure if this is the appropriate term) all referencing me to you. All of these times I sent you a PM, but to no avail. So clearly I have and still do show and active interest in resolving this issue.

I have been and always will be a respectful and rule abiding member of the Eternal Lands community. Many members of this game are like a second family to me (including PYE, who I thank for the supplemental information) and I would hate to not be able to play with them anymore over a misunderstanding, or unsuccessful case of Eternal Lands "phone tag" or whatever the case may be.

My only request to you Aislinn is that you please let me know what measures you require for us to have our characters unlocked. You mentioned a picture or in game test. I am willing to provide either (or both) of those as proof that we are not using alts or abusing the game to gain any kind of unfair advantage. We are simply two guys trying to play fairly and enjoy our time in Eternal Lands with friends and family. If need be, I am also willing to make a donation to Eternal Lands as compensation for the time you have/will spend on this case. Please just let me know what you need us to do.

As always, thank you and we are sorry for any trouble we have caused.

EDIT: I am also not aware and have never been notified by moderation of any past infractions, so I am not quite sure what you have in mind there.

Edited by schaeffer8888

Ok unlocked devilofwar and devil_lived.

However, if characters are moving back and forth, that is sharing and once you use a character, it is considered your alt and you can't trade.

Ok thank you. So just to make sure and so that there is no future trouble, we are not allowed to trade with each other at all? Or are we allowed to if trades are fair for both parties? I just want to make sure that I have my information straight.

Ok thank you. So just to make sure and so that there is no future trouble, we are not allowed to trade with each other at all? Or are we allowed to if trades are fair for both parties? I just want to make sure that I have my information straight.

No trading with shared characters. Therefore, no trading at all. That includes bag drops, hyperspace bags, using 3rd parties to act as a middleman, using bots as a go-between...you get the idea.

After reviewing this thread & the log of our conversation, I felt the need to reiterate what I originally said to you on or about June 13, especially considering the fact that you indicated I did not convey information to you clearly. First off, your name popped up in relation to warangel & bonecollector when I searched the forums, so I couldn't just white list you no-questions-asked:

[18:48:30] [PM to devilofwar: ok you show up in a few places as far back as 2004 along with warangel & bonecollector - is one of those the additional person on the ip now?]

[18:49:02] [PM from devilofwar: no we just live in the same town. they are friends of mine]

[18:49:30] [PM from devilofwar: the additional person on my IP will be Greffith or Devil_liveD. im not sure which account he will be using]

[18:51:29] [PM to devilofwar: white list policy is pretty much based on that - if you have had no history, you're taken at your word, otherwise not - are either of those]

[18:51:34] [PM to devilofwar: accounts online right now?]

[18:51:47] [PM from devilofwar: not presently. no]

[18:52:30] [PM to devilofwar: ok, can you send another HR when you're all online together? that way i or another mod can explain the guidelines for same ip players to both ]

[18:52:32] [PM to devilofwar: parties at once]

At that time, I solicited the opinions of other mods online and came to the conclusion that it was appropriate to grant you approval to trade conditionally and that additional proof would be required as I then communicated with you:

[18:56:09] [PM to devilofwar: ok, i'm going to give you conditional approval provided you supply some proof to Aislinn that you are indeed two unique people - this generally]

[18:56:38] [PM to devilofwar: means supplying a picture with both of you in it at your respective computers & logged into your characters & some type of sign or indication in]

[18:56:52] [PM to devilofwar: the photo of who is who]

[18:57:26] [PM from devilofwar: ok. i tried speaking with aislinn before i sent the HR, but no response]

[18:58:03] [PM to devilofwar: she is probably afk, i'll post the results of our conversation, that i've given you approval and send ais a forum PM that you have some additional]

[18:58:07] [PM to devilofwar: proof forthcoming]

[18:59:00] [PM from devilofwar: ok. thank you chr0nik. i appreciate it]

[18:59:26] [PM to devilofwar: you're welcome]

We then discussed the issue of whitelisted players restricting themselves to a single character each and I again indicated that further proof was required:

[19:00:20] [PM to devilofwar: when you have multiple people playing on the same ip, it's really best not to use any alts or share characters - actually sharing is forbidden]

[19:00:33] [PM to devilofwar: so it would be best if your brother could pick which of those two characters you mentioned that he will play]

[19:08:33] [PM to devilofwar: I just confirmed that devil_lived and this account you're using now both share the same IP address. It seems a little suspicious that so many]

[19:09:03] [PM to devilofwar: accounts would have similar names, devilofwar, devil_lived & warangel yet be unrelated. Do you have a forum account? You'll need to send a forum ]

[19:09:23] [PM to devilofwar: PM to Aislinn with a link to a picture (that i described earlier) to provide proof]

[19:09:30] [PM from devilofwar: well i made my account with my fried warangel back when we started]

[19:09:45] [PM from devilofwar: friend. and devil_lived is my brother]

[19:13:50] [PM to devilofwar: Ok, here's Aislinn's EL related email address so you can send a picture as proof, aisy_el@yahoo.com - as I said I'm going to send her a forum PM]

[19:14:01] [PM from devilofwar: thank you :)]

[19:14:16] [PM to devilofwar: with the contents of our conversation. One other thing, I just need to explain the rules of same IP players real quick - not much to it]

[19:14:26] [PM from devilofwar: ok np.]

We then discussed fair & reasonable trading:

[19:14:42] [PM to devilofwar: You just need to make sure that any trades you conduct w/ your brother are fair & reasonable, like he can't be your harv slave & just give you ]

[19:15:07] [PM to devilofwar: huge amounts of stuff for free - no severely lopsided trades. Also as I said before, no sharing & it would be best to not use alts or it gets]

[19:15:13] [PM to devilofwar: very confusing for Aislinn to keep track of]

[19:15:50] [PM from devilofwar: am i allowed to give him things to help get started? the character has very little gear]

[19:16:39] [PM to devilofwar: Yeah that's fine, and that will be obvious, but over time the trades need to be fair & reasonable - that makes sense right?]

You indicated that you understood and confirmed that your brother would be playing a single character. I again reitered the requirement for additional proof:

[19:16:50] [PM from devilofwar: absolutely. anything else?]

[19:17:21] [PM to devilofwar: Other than the email you need to send to Ais, can you ask your brother which character he will use as his primary - will it be devil_lived?]

[19:17:42] [PM from devilofwar: yes that will be it]

[19:18:07] [PM to devilofwar: Ok, then as I said earlier, you have my conditional approval - just get a pic as described earlier sent to Ais as soon as you can.]

[19:18:28] [PM from devilofwar: so both of us on our computers logged into our chars. correct?]

[19:19:16] [PM to devilofwar: yea both of you at your PCs logged into your chars and each of you holding a sign or something that says who is who]

[19:20:03] [PM to devilofwar: All in one pic (hopefully your computers are close enough)]

[19:20:13] [PM from devilofwar: different rooms :/]

[19:21:07] [PM from devilofwar: how should we handle that?]

[19:21:08] [PM to devilofwar: you'll have to figure out a way to work around that, even temporarily relocating one - that's teh kind of proof she asks for. here's an example ]

[19:21:21] [PM to devilofwar: from the forums: As for proof...how about a picture (no real names obviously) with the 4 of you together with your 4 computers and something to ]

[19:21:21] [PM to devilofwar: prove each of you belongs to a separate character? (Forum pm or via my email aisy_el@yahoo.com)]

More than 45 days passed and no effort was made to contact Aislinn via forum PM or the via the email I supplied. You mention in your post that you were able to review your chat log to find that I was unclear in communicating with you but that you had previously lost the details of how to contact Aislinn yet it's all in the same place. I suggested contactig her via forum PM and listed her email address twice. Anyway, please tell me how a ~30 minute conversation with you wherein I indicate the requirement for additional proof of two unique individuals playing these accounts is less than clear?