Eternal Lands Official Forums
Anamir

Link el.bin fails

Hi,

im having problems when trying to compile the client from cvs. I think some header is missing and i probably have to install some dev package that i really dont know wich one.

All files compile well but shows many problems at the end when trying to link the binary

[mpfaraujo@localhost elc]$ make
 LINK el.x86.linux.bin
/usr/bin/ld: paste.o: undefined reference to symbol 'XConvertSelection'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'XConvertSelection' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/libX11.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: ** [el.x86.linux.bin] Erro 1

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I commented the line FEATURES += ACHIEVEMENTS from Makefile.linux (that i moved to Makefile) cause i had an error saying that achievements.cpp was being called twice. There where any change from cvs that doesnt need to add that FEATURE?

I googled the problem and saw that this could be solved with

./configure LIBS=-lX11 

But the src doesnt have a configure binary to run .. so i thought maybe i should edit the make.conf and make the changes i need but im not really a coder .. so maybe someone knows what to do about it .. i think its something specifically about my distro (I use Fedora 13 wich is red hat based). I was reading the make.conf file and saw that there is a line:

XDIR=-L/usr/X11R6/lib

but i dont know how to properly edit the file.

Hi,

im having problems when trying to compile the client from cvs. I think some header is missing and i probably have to install some dev package that i really dont know wich one.

All files compile well but shows many problems at the end when trying to link the binary

[mpfaraujo@localhost elc]$ make
 LINK el.x86.linux.bin
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'XConvertSelection' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
make: ** [el.x86.linux.bin] Erro 1

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I commented the line FEATURES += ACHIEVEMENTS from Makefile.linux (that i moved to Makefile) cause i had an error saying that achievements.cpp was being called twice. There where any change from cvs that doesnt need to add that FEATURE?

You should not even have a file "FEATURES += ACHIEVEMENTS" in Makefile.linux! Sounds like you may have a broken version of Makefile.linux. I'd check it against the version in CVS or start again from a clean CVS version. Rather than move the Makefile.linux to makefile, I'd advise making a link to it instead otherwise CVS update will get confusing and you will eventually have a old version of the file.

Any further progress on this problem?

I have just installed Fedora 14 and I hit the same problem when compiling:

LINK el.x86.linux.bin

make: *** [el.x86.linux.bin] Error 1

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks.