Eternal Lands Official Forums
Painful

1 Manu suggestion and 1 suggestion involving days

This suggestion will likely be considered as radical, as it involves making manu easier to level. In other words, making leather helms SLIGHTLY easier to make. My suggestion is to increase the NPC sell price of thread to 3 gc each, and at the same time increase the price Trik buys leather helms at to 24 gc each. (Perhaps increase the prices of other items that require thread accordingly as well.)

This suggestion seems to have no benefit, but let me explain. If you buy all 4 thread, your profit (or, specifically, loss of gc) remains the same. If you make 2 thread, and buy 2 thread from NPC you go from breaking even (no profit, no loss) to making 2 gc profit per helm. If you make all 4 thread you go from making 4 gc profit per helm to making 8 gc profit per helm. All of these numbers assume the leather quest has been completed, there is no critical fails, and food cost is 2 gc per leather helm. In a sentence, the school vs Trik argument stays the same for buying all leather and thread, but thread becomes more worth mixing to sell and Trik selling if you make your thread becomes an alternative method a bit more equal to the time spent.

EDIT: I apologize, upon more thought I have concluded that this suggestion DOES harm the manufacturing skill more than help it, however not for the reasons Khalai mentioned (unless I misunterstand his post). In any case, please disregard this suggestion and focus on the other suggestion listed in the next sentence.

My other suggestion is to change to time of sunrise and sunset to an hour later, which makes the sunrise and sunset from 4:30-1:30 with midnight at 0:00, instead of the current 3:30-0:30 and "midnight" at 5:00.

Edited by Painful

My other suggestion is to change to time of sunrise and sunset to an hour later, which makes the sunrise and sunset from 4:30-1:30 with midnight at 0:00, instead of the current 3:30-0:30 and "midnight" at 5:00.

Makes sense considering that new day starts at midnight in real life.

This suggestion will likely be considered as radical, as it involves making manu easier to level. In other words, making leather helms SLIGHTLY easier to make. My suggestion is to increase the NPC sell price of thread to 3 gc each, and at the same time increase the price Trik buys leather helms at to 24 gc each. (Perhaps increase the prices of other items that require thread accordingly as well.)

This suggestion seems to have no benefit, but let me explain. If you buy all 4 thread, your profit (or, specifically, loss of gc) remains the same. If you make 2 thread, and buy 2 thread from NPC you go from breaking even (no profit, no loss) to making 2 gc profit per helm. If you make all 4 thread you go from making 4 gc profit per helm to making 8 gc profit per helm. All of these numbers assume the leather quest has been completed, there is no critical fails, and food cost is 2 gc per leather helm. In a sentence, the school vs Trik argument stays the same for buying all leather and thread, but thread becomes more worth mixing to sell and Trik selling if you make your thread becomes an alternative method a bit more equal to the time spent.

Leather helms are not the only thing that uses thread. This would influence many items. The price of thread has already been doubled once (it cost 1gc few years ago...) and if you need like ten thousands of thread to make another level, trust me, that you don't want to mix them all. This would make manufacturing only more of a money sink actually, not the other way around...

This would kill tailoring even more, making the base cost much higher while it is already impossible to sell tailoring items at a profit.

This would kill tailoring even more, making the base cost much higher while it is already impossible to sell tailoring items at a profit.

The same goes for Spider summoning stones... we already have too much stones too expensive compared to NPC price.

Seems reasonable. Doesn't really affect game play.

More interesting would be to have the ambient light of C2 be different from that of C1 at the same hour, much like when the sun is up in Australia, it is nighttime in the Americas.

Sooooo you want to change one item's price so that you make a little more on another single item and that one item will affect the price of 87 other things in the game? I vote no.

As for the time thing, It's not real life time it the time in Draia why should it conform to a real life schedule...

I do like Octane's idea of it being night and day on the continents at different times tho :)