Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Neil(AragorIII)

Banned

Was semi-afk harvesting last night (as well as doing other things on the computer). For some reason I returned to my computer and found it(EL) had crashed(EL screen black but could still move mouse etc). It looked like a server resync but I couldnt type so I just closed the game. I opened new window and continued on playing. Not long later(not sure of exact time as I might have fell asleep) this happened again. At this point it was quite late so I switched computer off. In the morning I tried to log into my main character (aragorIII) but nothing happened. I tried an alt which worked fine, slightly confused I PM'd gossip about my main, gossip said he was banned!

Naturally I was a little upset so I checked my logs...it seems that at some point during the night, Radu PM'd me. I did not notice this message and as I was not afk, (ie either afk set to on OR no input from either mouse or board long enough for auto afk), there was no "message waiting" PM for me. Either that or because the game had crashed, I am not sure.

Anyway, the result from this seems to be some type of BAN. I would be very grateful to Radu (or any other Mod) who could clarify this problem for me.

Thank you for your time and patience and I look forward to your swift reply

Neil

Yes, the problem is that you used macros/automation stuff, which is not allowed.

Having read through the forum posts I can see little point in even trying to persuade you that I was not. Have I been served a month ban or a lifetime...>?

You can start a new character.

If you weren't macroing, please explain to me what exactly were you doing. You were harvesting flowers, then what?

You can start a new character.

If you weren't macroing, please explain to me what exactly were you doing. You were harvesting flowers, then what?

It was late so my memory isn't very clear and as I mentioned above I fell asleep at the keyboard(I am sure we've all done that at some point). I had more than one window open. There was EL, Chrome and Mozilla, I was surfing a few different sites and I also had Warcraft open at same time. I position my widows so that I can (try to) keep an eye on all of them at least a little. EL was at the top right of my monitor so I could just see my character so I can tell if he is still harvesting etc. The internet browsers will open over the game window but only half, and Warcraft sits on the left of the screen.

As I mentioned above that it was late and the last thing I remember was the game (EL) crashing...I couldn't see anything but black on the EL screen (seemed different from other game crashes but didn't think about this at the time) I had been concentrating more on the other windows than EL at this point. When I started making silly mistakes in both games through lack of concentration I start getting upset...a good indication I need my bed. I continued playing both games and put some music on but I still managed to fall asleep at the computer. I didn't check the logs from EL till morning and I cant remember the times I woke up at. The only thing I remember is waking up to the black screen and switching everything off till morning.

What were you doing with the flowers you harvested?

Well storing them ofc, I was intending to make Essences with most of them, would have moved on to harvesting minerals or ores soon. I might have sold some of the flowers to get extra minerals / ores as they take a lot longer to harvest. Its a bit of a blow to the profits to have to buy some minerals but might get lucky and get an Enriched one of these days

Do you have the courage to proclaim here: "I swear I was not macroing, and may God give me good things in my life directly proportional to the truth value of my previous affirmation" ?

Do you have the courage to proclaim here: "I swear I was not macroing, and may God give me good things in my life directly proportional to the truth value of my previous affirmation" ?

And may God himself have mercy on my soul if I should lie! This has been a misunderstanding and I can honestly proclaim that I was NOT in fact using any kind of macro'ing software nor to the best of my knowledge was I breaking any rules. I have been a long standing EL member and although I have not played much in the last year or so I first started playing 4 years ago and have come to love, enjoy and respect the EL community. I would not want to damage that and I believe that I have always had a clean record in this game.

PS If God could find it in his heart to speed up the good things in proportion in my life it would greatly be appreciated

Regards and Thanks. I look forward to your swift response

AragorIII

(Neil)

Ok, so then kindly explain to me: Why were you REPEATEDLY (always) dropping a bag with your harvests in front of the storage, rather than storing your items in the storage?

Ok, so then kindly explain to me: Why were you REPEATEDLY (always) dropping a bag with your harvests in front of the storage, rather than storing your items in the storage?

Of course this looks bad but as I said before...I did fall asleep at the keyboard. I had several windows open, so EL was not the largest one by far, in fact I believe this is what caused me to make that error. As I normally switch between screens I don't give them my full attention and if EL had crashed at some point during the night then I am assume the Storage window will have closed. I normally place my windows (e.g. storage, bags, mix etc) very discretely at the edges of the screen or just under each other so as they don't take up much room, especially if I am playing on a small EL window so I can look at internet and other games while I harvest I can only guess that I "thought" I was clicking on the storage and when it obviously did NOT go in and the smaller "dropped" bad inventory appeared I will not have seen it due to the small EL window size.

If I did manage to drop my flowers in front of store I cannot of dropped much. I hope that you can understand everyone is capable of mistakes. I know I have seen people do some silly things in EL.

Regards

AragorIII

If I did manage to drop my flowers in front of store I cannot of dropped much. I hope that you can understand everyone is capable of mistakes. I know I have seen people do some silly things in EL.

Yes, not much, just a few times:

Tue Nov 30 03:13:48 2010 AragorIII dropped 352 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 03:19:00 2010 AragorIII dropped 322 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 03:24:33 2010 AragorIII dropped 376 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 03:29:46 2010 AragorIII dropped 264 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 03:35:19 2010 AragorIII dropped 346 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 03:51:17 2010 AragorIII dropped 342 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 04:02:03 2010 AragorIII dropped 290 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 04:07:36 2010 AragorIII dropped 232 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 04:12:49 2010 AragorIII dropped 268 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 04:18:22 2010 AragorIII dropped 308 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 04:23:34 2010 AragorIII dropped 288 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 04:29:08 2010 AragorIII dropped 338 Sunflower

BTW, I checked your storage log, and here is what I found:

Tue Nov 30 00:10:49 2010 AragorIII deposited 360 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 00:16:01 2010 AragorIII deposited 344 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 00:21:36 2010 AragorIII deposited 338 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 00:26:48 2010 AragorIII deposited 294 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 00:32:22 2010 AragorIII deposited 196 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 00:37:34 2010 AragorIII deposited 56 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 00:43:07 2010 AragorIII deposited 246 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 00:48:20 2010 AragorIII deposited 350 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 00:53:53 2010 AragorIII deposited 352 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 00:59:05 2010 AragorIII deposited 164 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 01:04:39 2010 AragorIII deposited 326 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 01:09:51 2010 AragorIII deposited 352 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 01:15:25 2010 AragorIII deposited 354 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 01:20:37 2010 AragorIII deposited 244 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 01:26:10 2010 AragorIII deposited 326 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 01:31:23 2010 AragorIII deposited 284 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 01:36:56 2010 AragorIII deposited 350 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 01:42:08 2010 AragorIII deposited 302 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 01:47:42 2010 AragorIII deposited 176 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 01:52:54 2010 AragorIII deposited 254 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 01:58:28 2010 AragorIII deposited 256 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 02:03:40 2010 AragorIII deposited 68 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 02:09:13 2010 AragorIII deposited 176 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 02:14:26 2010 AragorIII deposited 24 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 02:19:59 2010 AragorIII deposited 100 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 02:25:11 2010 AragorIII deposited 346 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 02:30:45 2010 AragorIII deposited 70 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 02:35:57 2010 AragorIII deposited 334 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 02:41:30 2010 AragorIII deposited 190 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 02:46:43 2010 AragorIII deposited 328 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 02:52:16 2010 AragorIII deposited 202 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 02:57:29 2010 AragorIII deposited 328 Sunflower

Tue Nov 30 03:03:02 2010 AragorIII deposited 376 Sunflower

So basically you set up your macro, then for some reason you moved your inventory window in the way, and from that point you constantly dropped your stuff instead of storing it.

Based on your statement, I really hope God fucks up your life.

OK, I have made enough of a fool of myself. It seems I don't have a leg to stand on now. I can only apologise for trying to get away with what was a very bad attempt at a macro. I can only repeat that as far as I can tell, this is my first violation of the rules of EL. As I said before, I have been an EL member for 4 years and since I have been on a break for the last year or so I felt I needed to catch up. I know now that this was silly and I can honestly swear that if you decide not to ban this character indefinitely I will never attempt to break the rules again.

So basically I am very sorry for what I have done! I tried to create a macro, although not very well it seems, and if you decide that I am allowed to play again with this character that I will NEVER make the same mistake again.

I tried to send this message in a PM to Entropy but it says no more messages allowed. I would however have made a full apology in the forums anyway to show to other players that I am sorry and to show that it is NOT worth it to try and break the rules.

Sincerely

AragorIII

Seeing as how your levels and items are ill-gotten, it seems a fair offer to let you start over with a new character.

Maybe you'll realize it's not worth it this time around.

Personally, I'd be glad to have the offer of making a new character considering...

Seeing as how your levels and items are ill-gotten, it seems a fair offer to let you start over with a new character.

Maybe you'll realize it's not worth it this time around.

Personally, I'd be glad to have the offer of making a new character considering...

Explain to me exactly how my levels were ill gotten...? If you are trying to say that for all the years I have played that I cheated then I would be inclined to say I will hunt you down and demand an apology personally. But since I "tried!" to cheat this once and it didn't work I will not be so dramatic about it.

My levels are my own, I played regularly at one point with many people in "MAGE" guild. I do not know how many of them still play but if I could find them then they would testify also that I was a hard working and full time player.

If you still insist that this is a permanent ban then the "offer" of being able to make another character is completely outrageous and you can just go and ban my IP from your servers completely because I wouldn't even want the temptation of being able to communicate further with you as I would not be able to contain myself.

AragorIII

So YOU cheat, then you lie outrageously, and then you have the nerve to cop an attitude?

Sorry but I have nothing to say to THAT other than lol.

Perhaps you don't realize, but once you lie with impunity like you did in this thread, despite overwhelming evidence, your word means nothing in the end. It is possible that all your levels ant items were obtained in the most correct way, except for the last day of you playing the game. But I don't believe that. Your word is not good enough now.

Perhaps you don't realize, but once you lie with impunity like you did in this thread, despite overwhelming evidence, your word means nothing in the end. It is possible that all your levels ant items were obtained in the most correct way, except for the last day of you playing the game. But I don't believe that. Your word is not good enough now.

Ok, both of your comments are fair and honest. Yes I lied to try and avoid a ban. I was not trying to come across with an attitude, I was merely upset at the thought of NEVER being able to play my character again. At least I apologised AND I am fully aware of what I did wrong. I read plenty of posts of players who have done bad things...I wonder how many of them are allowed to play the same characters again?

Well, I just unbanned someone in a similar situation, after a month, with a pretty heavy fine (took most of his good items, over 300Kgc worth of stuff). But the difference was that he didn't try to lie to me.

Ok, both of your comments are fair and honest. Yes I lied to try and avoid a ban. I was not trying to come across with an attitude, I was merely upset at the thought of NEVER being able to play my character again. At least I apologised AND I am fully aware of what I did wrong. I read plenty of posts of players who have done bad things...I wonder how many of them are allowed to play the same characters again?

Never try to compare yourself to others. You don't know the specifics of their situations, only what managed to make it's way into public postings, and misinformed rumors and gossip.

Every case is different due to a variety of factors.