Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DeadlyTears

Very new issue...

Video card: GeForce3/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 1.5.7

That's the video card I'm working with right now, nothing special. Now, whenever I log into EL, It doesn't fully load.... It's stuck on a lightblue screen. I can see all the icons at the bottom and my HUD etc, but no picture.

It actually happened when I was playing, training on fluffies. The fluff was running, I saw it disappear for a second, then reappear a couple feet further away. I killed the fluff, and then I walked into the space where it disappeared at, and my screen went black.... It hasn't loaded since.

I noticed on the compass, there is no arrow, it's just blank, and when I log in, the info says

Framebuffer disabled (need newer driver)

Does that me I have to update my video driver? If so, How? There is also another problem, need to get in touch with a friend for him to fix it.

I had a virus and computer was getting bad so he fixed it and put a new antivirus up, but now it says I'm not connected to the internet with alot of programs, even though I'm online.... If any computer techs know how to fix this, please tell me. I tried to upload a picture onto photobucket but I think since 'I'm offline' it won't work. And, I tried to go to the Nvidia website and to an auto-search for my video card, but again since I'm 'offline', It didn't work.

Please post suggestions here, ty :)

You could try renaming your el.cfg (so the game creates a new one for you) in your settings directory (my documents\eternal lands\main on Windows) and running the client again.

edit: Or maybe try that on the whole config dir. I can't really imagine what else could change while you play and make the client not run properly anymore...

Maybe apart from your internet connection being really unreliable and missing half the stuff that the server sends you, or the firewall blocking much of the connection.

Edited by Choris

Did a driver update through my computer, and now can't even log into EL. Sigh, I dunno. Stuck in full screen and can't change it. When I click enter to log in, there's no blue bar, and then I see the walk icon, so I logged in, but now it's stuck on the login screen.

Edited by DeadlyTears

You don't have to log in to change your game settings either. Click the config icon instead of the log in button.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this