Eternal Lands Official Forums
nathanstenzel

More realistic temperatures

Well, as a small change, I don't think anyone can complain if the server tells you that you are hot/cold and need to change clothes for the environment. I don't think they can complain if there is a little thermometer to tell you the temperature next to your clock either.

The main idea with weather changes is to affect the hot/cold regions (or what should be hot/cold) first and then add details to the others later. Or at least that is how I would suggest it is done.....to let people get used to it before it becomes a complaint-fest from instant 100% change.

Well, as a small change, I don't think anyone can complain if the server tells you that you are hot/cold and need to change clothes for the environment. I don't think they can complain if there is a little thermometer to tell you the temperature next to your clock either.

It already does that.

When you are cold, you'll see your health go down. When you're overheated, you'll see your health go down. When you're in a radiation area, you'll see your health go down. Need I go on?

It already does that.

When you are cold, you'll see your health go down. When you're overheated, you'll see your health go down. When you're in a radiation area, you'll see your health go down. Need I go on?

I meant with words, Dilly.

The idea is not bad per se, but I'm afraid it falls under the "unnecessary realism" area, i.e. realistic details that don't improve significantly the game experience.

Besides, the tailoring skill was born as a very expensive and somewhat unrealistic (1 loom per fabric???) one, so requiring tailoring items for a realistic purpose doesn't seem logical to me.

Rehdon

I agree, totally.

Having more hot/cold regions and more realistic temperatures would not just benefit tailoring. I do agree that tailoring is not exactly logical though. It would bring more use to those otherwise purely fashion objects though.

Fur clothes are not worn too much and don't have much of a market right now either. They could be worn on cold maps.