Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kalix

The homepage of el looks bland

I know not everyone will judge a game on screen shots and how the game looks on the site but some people do.

I mean the home page grey and bland. But once you start to play the game its so colorful or at least most of the maps are.

also theres this one unappealing screen shot wich wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt fuzzy el fuzzy screen

Theres this one screen shot which is really good that i think should be put on el screen shots page.

my favorite el screen

This is just an idea but i think els page needs a make over.

Wasn't there a topic before where people submitted screen shots from recent updates? I'm wondering what happened to that...

But you are right, I think it does need some sprucing up ;)

there are much nicer pictures there.. the mystic ones if you want to show graphics...

and it depends what you want to show with the picture.. the graphics? (than definetely not this angle viewpoint picture)

the fighting? (than it would be better to have some players fully equipped in titanium, bronze etc... fighting)

an emotion? (a moment of victory, next to a dead monster or finding something)

the ingame things? (a full storage or so..)

so i think chose what you want to emphasize and than take photo of that!!

is a good picture but there are better ones and can be made better ones

I think we should show ranging and magic in screen shots and put them in screen shot pages... have ppl fully dressed woudl be nice also we need to show that many ppl play el in a screen shot.. like with the new year one el has many members

ranging screen shot

Roja does all the artwork herself for the main page.. why use a screen shot?

I think the main website looks great, it's just your opinion I guess.

sure but im just saying gray isn't normally considered a good looking color and a couple more updated screen shots on the main page would be nice. It is an opinion not that i mean to insult roja's art work but it need to be updated from time to time. Range isnt even on the skill page.

I found this game on www.onrpg.com under 3d fantasy and when i had my first look at the site and the first screen shot i saw i have to say i was turned away from el but i tried it anyways and i found out i was hooked.

Edited by time4u2die

Yes the screenshots need to be updated..I meant to do that a few months ago, but since the sky client is coming out soon I'm just waiting for that now. The skills & Items list will also be updated :devlish:

As for the gray, well, I like it. The color comes from the surrounding pictures-that way it matches with all colors put on it.

I think the homepage looks really good since the last makeover. However it could use some updates contentwise. Also new client versions or huge updates could be advertised more prominently and directly on the website instead of just linking to the news section of the forum. imho.

As for the gray, well, I like it. The color comes from the surrounding pictures-that way it matches with all colors put on it.

That part is an opinion. Skills and screen shots are need updates though. I can see why you are waiting for the sky client. :icon13:

Edited by time4u2die