Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kerrighan

Player Ruled Bussinesses

You like be able to hire an NPC for selling your stuff and buying stuff for you when you're not online?  

1. 1. You like be able to hire an NPC for selling your stuff and buying stuff for you when you're not online?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can't see the point
    • What the hell you're talking about?

Wouldn't be interesting to be able to hire an NPC to rule a small"box" in the market to seel the items you craft?

Should be fairly easuy to implement. The NPC stays there, with preconfigured dialogs to sell and buy. Every time you "the hirer" comes there, instead of buying and selling you can depoit and withdrawal things, that the NPC could sell. He could geta comission or a fixed salary per day for this, and a little dialog should permit you to select waht you NPC should buy from other players and what price per unit

This allow the establishment of a player semi-ruled economy, which make the game a lot of "colourfull" and interesting

Opinions?

One bad thing about this might be that people will have too many NPC's all over the place. And how could this be limited? Even if every player is allowed/has 1 NPC that's still a lot....I guess we can make only certain places to have the NPC's in, but then those will get crowded too...

this will be easy to implement, when 'players house' will be here.

and this NPC selling and buying stuff will be only close to this player's house.

Well, Roja, The idea is to hire "Market boxes" With NPC one per player in all the world.

This doesn't allow the approximation of "one slave merchant per player"

Also, an existent NPC could will serve more than one player

each with his own items and price list. in same way that a broker can sell and buy stocks for more than one investor

No way.

There is a limit for NPC's/Monsters (well, in theory there is no limit, but the more we have, the slower the server is).

I plan to add a summoning skill soon (where you can 'manufacture' animals) and I already worry that the NPC space will be filled by people training in that skill...

No way.

There is a limit for NPC's/Monsters (well, in theory there is no limit, but the more we have, the slower the server is).

I plan to add a summoning skill soon (where you can 'manufacture' animals) and I already worry that the NPC space will be filled by people training in that skill...

That can be easily solved. A 'summon' doesn't really mean

'create out of thin air' but more 'I command you to come here NOW'. You could just have the creature walk or teleport to the player.

That would be a bad idea sander. Suppose i am hunting this wolf and suddenly it disappears into thin air because someone summoned it :( I wouldn't be pleased.

Why not just put the items you want in storage and try to sell them on the market channel when you're online? I know, lazy people :lol:

Why not have an NPC that logons, harvests, manufactures, buys, sells and chats ... that way, you could ... hmmmm ... what would you do?

Please Colossus. Understand-me. I'm not talking about a buy sell-bot. The question is that, in fact this is a game. We are players and connot stay online 5 hours a day to rule our things in a realistic way. It's posible that i can never go online at same time than somebody who wanna trade with me. so this could be a solution

Anyway, selling and buying DON'T give experience, which makes it totally diferent from harvesting , mining, or manufacturing

I can see some points against, But Not this. For example. Do Entropy wanna allow players control the economy or prefer to that he can control it?

Are we really talking about an RPG, or do EL will become another "list of quest to do" type game?

Do we WAnt a world where our Characters Life or we prefer a world where our characters do what is suposed they should do?

Anyway, seeing the poll result at this moment , makes no point to continue talking about the idea