Eternal Lands Official Forums
SirAlland

Hosting?

Right-o...

Lets say I've got a bot code written. Now, what do I do with this code? I have no idea how to make it "work" if you know what I mean. Also, does a bot have to be declared and paid for before I could test it (test server)?

:hiya:

Thanks

Lets say I've got a bot code written.

You've got a bot code written.

Now, what do I do with this code?

You run it after configuring everything you need to.

I have no idea how to make it "work" if you know what I mean.

Yes. It would help us help you knowing which bot source you are running.

Also, does a bot have to be declared and paid for before I could test it (test server)?

No. The test server is for just this type of thing.

:hiya:

Seconded.

Thanks

Thank us when we have all the information needed to help you.

Now, what do I do with this code? I have no idea how to make it "work" if you know what I mean.
Well, if I understand what you're asking, you need a computer to run it on that runs 24/7 (all day, every day) and is connected to the internet. The bot code is sort of like a non-graphical client. In order for your bot to be alive and running, its "client" code needs to be running somewhere. If the computer is turned off, or looses its internet connection, your bot will log off (or grue out).

Computer running shouldn't be a problem here.

So, I take the code, compile it, and then run the .exe?

- Labrat ... what do you mean when you say

Sorry for my apparently stupidity :hiya:

So, I take the code, compile it, and then run the .exe?

- Labrat ... what do you mean when you say

Well, sort of. That's why Labrat asked the question about which flavor of bot code you're using (or did you write your own?) because there a bunch of setup and configuration you probably need to do, and it's typically very bot specific.

There are many versions of bot code available, where (or from whom) did you get it?

What language is the bot code written in?

Is it tradebot or guardbot code (if you answered my first question we should figure out these last 2 questions.)

Didn't write it myself; got it from sourceforge based on what guildies said, but I think its based on DeathAdder ELBOT.

S'far as I know, its written in C.. (it opens in my C/C++ compiler, anyways.)

If all goes according to plan, it would be a trade bot.

*Edit: Also, how do I get on test server? :P I'm pretty sure it used to be something like "Options -> Server -> Change Port#" but that doesn't appear to be there.

Edited by SirAlland

in file README

#####################DeathAdder Eternal Lands Bot#####################

by Riccardo Delai <a.k.a. Krones>

Released under GPL

#####################System Requirements#####################

SDL, SDL_Net and Wget

SDL libs and Wget for Windows are packed and can be found on windowslibs directory.

Linux users should have those installed on their systems or get them from distribution's proper repository.

#####################Using#####################

0. Create a folder for the bot, that will contain the binaries and the configuration files.

1. Open elbot.c

2. Find the line that contains #define BOT_NAME "" and #define BOT_PASS ""

3. Type the bot's name and the pass inside the ""'s

You should have something like this:

#define BOT_NAME "mybotsname"

#define BOT_PASS "mybotspass"

4. Compile the program (using configure and then make. DON'T do make install)

5. Copy the binaries (elbot) to the folder you've created in step 0. If you're on windows, rename it to elbot.exe.

6. If you're using Windows, copy the contents of windowslibs folder to the folder you've created in step 0

7. Copy the contents of the templates folder to your bots directory. Adjust them to your needs.

8. You're good to go. I recommend logging on EL and being close to the bot when you run it for the first time, and check the configuration. Best would be to run it on the test server first and get used to it, see how it goes ( line serverPort = 2000;, change it to serverPort = 2001; in elbot.c, recompile and run. Be sure to be logged on the test server with your char. )

When I try to compile code, I get a few errors I don't know what to do about...can anybody help? (or is this not appropriate?)

--

#include "globals.h"

says " SDL/SDL.h: No such file or directory. "

--

TCPsocket elServer;

says " syntax error before "elServer" "

--

SDLNet_SocketSet sSet;

says " syntax error before "sSet" "

I have the header files, how do I make it recognize them? They're in the same folder as the bot code, and it recognizes "defines.h", "structs.h", "messages.h", and "prototypes.h", just not "globals.h"

Um, well, ok.

It's about how C headers work. #include "bla.h" includes bla.h from local directory, #include <bla.h> includes it from set of system include directories. The error message would imply that globals.h gets included just fine, but in it there's a line for including the SDL headers which you don't have. Go get those and install them.

Ohh....I think I get it.

In "globals.h" theres this:

#include <SDL/SDL.h>
#include <SDL/SDL_net.h>

which is exactly like what the error says...

~After checking, I find that I actually have these, but they must not be in the right location.

Heya!

What system are you running? Linux or Windows?

I've coded this bot :> Glad you've chosen it.

You should have this libs in your include directory, inside an SDL folder. If you're on linux, install SDL-dev and SDL-net-dev packages.

and insert the name of the bot inside the #defines before you compile it. I'm sry I couldn't make a more simple way for you to do it (didn't have the time to) maybe someone would suggest and give me a hand with it.

Any more problems, I'm available at kronesr (at) hotmail.com. If you're having problems I can even compile it for you and mail you the binaries.

Again, I'm happy you've chosen my program. Just mail me if you need anything, I think it's better than using EL forums.

Krones