Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MasterXan

Starcraft

Does anyone have concrete proof that SOMEBODY, anybody, is making Starcraft 2? Starcraft 2, as in a sequel to Starcraft, not the broodwar expansion. And not Starcraft Ghost (i.e. the new tomb raider)

Oh, and I heard there are a few minor expansions for Starcraft, besides broodwar. Anybody ever heard of a different expansion?

If they are making it, they haven't announced it. But if they are smart, they will do a real sequel. I even remember a while back, IGN had a roundtable about what they would like to see in a starcraft 2.

And they better not just remake some other storyline and switch the characters. I got really mad when i noticed that warcraft 3 had pretty much the exact same storline as starcraft. I.E: Arthas=Kerrigan, Jaina=Raynor, The protoss and night elves are a lot alike storywise, you get the idea.

Since this is blizzard we're talking about here, if there is going to be a sequel to starcraft, it'll come out in about 2010. :)

I never liked Warcraft. The first one was too slow. The second one was too slow AND nearly identical to the first one. None of them have a story. And the third one isn't really all that great of a game to play, either. Age of Empires was better, and Starcraft better than AoE.

2010?!? are you mad?!? that's about three decades to soon!!

Anything about the supposed other updates?

Hey Ent, I read the story. Actually, it was probably the best strategy plot-line I've seen.

Warcraft is ok. I like the editor a lot better. The only thing is that 90 unit limit really makes the game boring.

Although both games have got towork on mass commands. In Starcraft, I love having 150 hydralisks, but sending them in 12 at a time leads to a lot more deaths than necessary. And it makes marines downright useless except for rushing.