Eternal Lands Official Forums
peino

letting an account go inactive

Hi, all,

I searched for "inactive account" and got only one hit:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...nactive+account

In this case, a player wanted to reactivate an old account but found it had been active, being used by another person who had gotten a name change to the name he had been using, thus "overwriting" his character.

It doesn't address my question, which is:

Is there any rule or policy on how long an account can be inactive before it might be lost or reused?

I'm asking because it looks like it might take several weeks before I can play again, due to technical issues and RL interference. If I can get the Mac PPC client to run on my machine, I can keep my account active, but if not, I will likely be out of the game for a good while.

I'd like to know if I'm risking losing my characters Peino (main) and Sess (alt, who has already been inactive for a long time), and if there is anything I can do to make sure I keep them -- or if there isn't and I just need to take my chances.

Please advise. Thanks.

--Peino

EDIT: I know this is more an EL policy help question than a technical question. I apologize if it's in the wrong forum.

Edited by peino

No you will not loose your character. Every 6 months or so there may be a character wipe-affect those characters who have basically no stats and haven't logged in in quite a long time. But that long time is 6months+

Excellent, thanks. I was worried because the old thread didn't say how long the poster's account had been inactive. So, no worries for me, then. Question answered. :D

See you soon.

--P

Does logging onto the forums help keep an account active? I am in the process of doing some things to my computer, and basicly have not played sence the update. Its a slow process, because of Money issues.

I hope that you would not wipe an account that had 60+ OA, I know I went for about a year last time I stopped playing, and was fine. (it better not take me more then 2 months to get my new computer up and running, lol)

Hi all,

I'm kinda old user and logged into game maybe twice in past year. Same nickname as in forum. Not sure when was the last time when i logged, but now all what i getting is:

EROR: The password is wrong

then I've been told to try with new(same name) character creation. there i get message Nickname already taken

Player stats boki3star with same stats as before

can i get confirmed that i just typing wrong password? or is something else?

Edited by boki3star

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.