Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
evilmangopie

Cricket

Cricket...A great sport. Does anyone else here think so? I am an extremely passionate lover of cricket but everyone else I have asked about it in EL has either thought it was the most boring and terrible sport or had never heard of it (For those people it is an amazing sport that originates from England). So I am determined to find some people who at least slightly enjoy it! So people please post your feelings about cricket here (especially positive views :sneaky:).

I like cricket, fun to play and watch ( as long as its ODI's... kinda hard to spend 5 days watching a Test), but its my second fav sport... first is of course RUGBY w000h000!! go South Africa :icon13: world cup champions!! \o/

but yes.. cricket is pr0 :sneaky:

\o/ Cricket season is starting!

Australia pwns :huh:

Cant wait for the test matches, 5 lazy days in front of two screens :sneaky: GL to anyone trying to drag me away :icon13:

S.

me being born and raised in Trinidad, of course! I love it, been playing it since i was little, too bad there is no leagues in my state :(. But go trinidad!

Cant wait for the test matches, 5 lazy days in front of two screens :fire: GL to anyone trying to drag me away :P

You mean five days of not being able to change the channel without getting yelled at :(

I don't mind cricket, not real fond of the test matches though - too long. Looking forward to watching some 20/20 matches though.

Bit of a snob here, 20/20 cricket just does nothing for me.

You restrict the bowlers to only bowling in a very narrow range and width, place limitations on where fielders can be, and it just becomes a slog-fest, where bowlers aren't able to utilise their skills and just about anyone who can hang onto a bat could make 20 runs an over.

Test cricket is like a chess game, lots of strategy, finesse and skill. I wasn't into it as much as a kid, but I have well and truly grown into it. :(

I don't mind the 50 over games either, not restrictive enough to be a sloggathon, but its nice eyecandy for a few hours :fire:

S.

I like cricket, although the recent dismal form of our national team damped my interest a bit. ;)

I prefer the ODIs and 20/20s as I get bored with the Tests, and tend to watch them only when the Asian teams (top bowlers :brooding: ) are playing.

Good to see how many people love cricket, gratest game on Earth :)

Bit of a snob here, 20/20 cricket just does nothing for me.

You restrict the bowlers to only bowling in a very narrow range and width, place limitations on where fielders can be, and it just becomes a slog-fest, where bowlers aren't able to utilise their skills and just about anyone who can hang onto a bat could make 20 runs an over.

Test cricket is like a chess game, lots of strategy, finesse and skill. I wasn't into it as much as a kid, but I have well and truly grown into it. :)

I don't mind the 50 over games either, not restrictive enough to be a sloggathon, but its nice eyecandy for a few hours :)

S.

I agree. 20/20 almost never has the tension and suspense of a good ol' test. It is nearly always one sided, rarely you get a great 50/50 game and VERY rarely you get a great 20/20 game, where tests always seem to offer a lot :)

I'm English and support them a lot. Although I hate some of the players *cough*drunkflintoff*cough*. We are so inconsistent that your emotions get thrown around like crazy, great stuff :D

BTW I dont just watch, I also play :D Im a right handed leg-spinner (something England needs :P) and I play and practice a lot :)

What did everyone think of the 20/20 and 50/50 world cups, IMO very dissapointing (appart from Ireland's run in the 20/20 :P) Best experience of cricket for me was probably when England won the ashes on 05, sitting in front of the TV for the whole time wasnt great for my health but amazing in every other way :P