Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banedon

Color text for bots

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36327 see this topic until this gets removed I missed it to begin with when searching.

I wanted to see what everyone thought about this.

What about if registered bots when posting on market channel would give a different color. This would make it easy to distinguish non bots on the market channel.

This would also allow for people to know if the post is from a bot to use proper commands or from a RL person.

I am a bot owner and also personally buy and sell on the market and have already received /banedon inv commands to me.

Please lets see what we can do to keep both on 1 channel and make it easier to use.

Banedon

Prior of the Brotherhood of Bane.

Edited by Banedon

NO! There is too much spam already on #3 from bots, without the awful possibility of multicoloured messages.

It's not about multi-coloured messages, just having bots as a different colour so the player chat is more obvious.

Either way, this absolutely has to get run by ent first, they did NOT like it at all the first time around when people were doing colored messages.

Either way, this absolutely has to get run by ent first, they did NOT like it at all the first time around when people were doing colored messages.

Given that colored chat can't be passed on channels (if I recall correctly, it only works in #bc and #gm), I don't see how the server would start changing the colors of bot messages without intercession on his part. ;)

EDIT: Not worth a follow-up post, but (Aislinn) this has actually never been possible. I just went back and checked the description of the original patch to add colours to player messages, which I submitted over two years ago, which is listed as working in '#gm, #bc, #mod, and #abuse'. Humourously enough, a few months later, ttlanhil submitted a patch to 'remove colour codes from #GMs received'. :)

Edited by crusadingknight

It's not about bots adding colour to their messages... that isn't possible (see below). It is about the server changing the colour of the messages sent by bots so that it is clearer who exactly is and isn't a bot, and so you can manually filter out the botspam with your eyes by ignoring that colour.

Given that colored chat can't be passed on channels (if I recall correctly, it only works in #bc and #gm), I don't see how the server would start changing the colors of bot messages without intercession on his part. ;)

Ok, I didn't realize it wasn't possible. It obviously used to be, lol I should have known it would have been changed. ;)

Here is the topic I posted in suggestions, there is a fix to what you want, just read this post, its not from the server side, but from the client side.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...c=36327&hl=

Ok, I dont know if this has been suggested, I have looked thru the market channel suggestions and didn't see it.

I know that there has been talk about a different "Bot Channel" and I think that could work, but if the devs dont like it, how about making the bot chat a different color, so its easier to tell who are players, and who are bots. it drives me crazy when your posts are being drowned out by the bots, atleast if your text is a differnt color players my pay more attention to the players posts.I see alot of players put "I am not a bot" into there posts.