Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banedon

Greystar bot Possible program added

I sent up a request to have a public new day betting system. I was asked to see what people though on the forum so here it goes.

I am looking at having Greystar coded if approved and if the public likes the idea to have new day bets.

The betting would consist of following rules and regulations.

1. you could only bet 1 time per day for a set amount of gold coins.

2. you could only bet on Special days not normal day.

3. betting would open at 0:01 and close at 5:55 for the next day.

4. Winner/s would split the pot for that day.

5. If normal day the pot would goto the Guild bane for Guild usage. Note if possible we would program him to roll 50% over to the next day. So that it would be compounding but I can't promise this in the coding portion of it.

6. Any blacklisted players would not be able to bet through greystar.

Banedon

I sent up a request to have a public new day betting system. I was asked to see what people though on the forum so here it goes.

I am looking at having Greystar coded if approved and if the public likes the idea to have new day bets.

The betting would consist of following rules and regulations.

2. you could only bet on Special days not normal day.

4. Winner/s would split the pot for that day.

5. If normal day the pot would goto the Guild bane for Guild usage. Note if possible we would program him to roll 50% over to the next day. So that it would be compounding but I can't promise this in the coding portion of it.

Banedon

seems like a pretty bad bet as you describe it. Suppose there is 10 players, each paying 1k. on the small chance I guess the right day I win, but the odds for losing far outweigh the prize. If a special day comes, say 1 in 4, and there are 10 different special days, that is a 9:1 payback on a 1 in 40 chance. Those figures are plucked from space, I don't know what the actual chance of a particular special day occuring, but with the house winning on the vast majority of games, it seems a little unfair :icon13:

Maybe better if BanE takes a percentage of all stake money, and losing bets roll over to the next day? Either that or allow bets on normal day, and just as before, split the pot between the winners. If greystar kept the loot on the days where no player won, it may make a fairer system.

The game will depend on a decent number of players, so it is vital that it is not seen as a rip-off

Ok. I have nothing to do with this bot, but I know a little about gambling odds, so I will explain this.

If 7 people bet and 3 of those bet the right day, it would be 7 people's bet money split 3 ways. That would be a little more than doubling their money. If 300 people bet and 3 of those people bet the right day, if would be 300 people's bet money split 3 ways which would be a return of 100:1.

Most days are not normal days. My guess is 1/4 days are special if that much.

It would be nice if there was a 75% rollover instead of 50% rollover.

25% of the funds from probably 3/4 of the days should be nice and profitable for Bane while keeping it fair for the betters. If Bane wants to make it even more fair, the bot could not give 25% of the funds to the guild on 2nd, 3rd, etc days in a row, but just on the 1st day of a set of normal days.

This of course, is none of my business. I just thought I would toss in my 2 cents.

Edited by nathanstenzel