Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atlantis

Buyable Nexuses NPC

first of all its cool ;)

second, it would be even more cool, if for something like 10 hydro bars, you could convert one of your existing nexuses into a pp :)

I searched a bit and there were similar suggestions, but this ones abit different

second, it would be even more cool, if for something like 10 hydro bars, you could convert one of your existing nexuses into a pp ;)

Sounds to me like a roundabout way to ask for and get something that has already been rejected multiple times.

On the other hand...

At the same time ... how about a charge of 10 Hydro bars to move an existing pp from one category to another... would allow minor tweaks to your character's abilities without needing to reset. Of course any major change to your character ... would be hideously expensive ... thus resest then.

This is an interesting idea that we had for like 2 years now.

It might get implemented in the future, although doing so might piss off yet another group of people: "OMFG, the rich IRL people can now move all their PPs every day and take over all the markets with their evil IRL money".

(from the Buyable nexuses thread.)

LOL! :P

Well there are plenty of threads with the discussion of redistribution, all of which were rejected. I won't dig up a search because these conversations got a bit heated :D and weren't very nice. (Feel free to do your own searches however). Isn't this just a way to pay for the same thing that was objected to?

no no no no NO!

that will basically mean you can just buy pps for 60 hydro bars...

er, not really. I mean, if you already had a nexus in something, and you changed your mind, you could change it.

er, not really
yes really. unless you change the suggestion to 10 H bars to move from one nexus to another.

as it is now, you can buy the ability not to have to spend a PP on nexus, but with the limit in usable nexii, there is a limit to how far it'd go. but if you had the ability to buy PP for 60 bars, for really high level players, it'd happen. once you get to a high enough level, making or buying 60 H bars would be quicker than leveling

Oh, I see what you're saying.

Well, i'm just trying to find a solution, cuz I would like to use the buyable nexus thing but I already spent almost all nexus I would want :/

Well, i'm just trying to find a solution, cuz I would like to use the buyable nexus thing but I already spent almost all nexus I would want :/

A solution means there is a problem. Not all updates benefit all players. The only "problem" is that this one just doesn't happen to benefit YOU this time. Just like the guild wars doesn't benefit ME. You don't see me whining about it asking for it to be changed.

you took the wrong approach to my suggestion, i don't want it just to benefit me. It would just make it nicer for everyone, less resets, etc. I don't have any nexus I want to move, so NO it does not benefit me, but maybe someone does who got over 120 oa and now they have to reset. Conditions change a lot in this game, nexuses loose their value sometimes, it would be nice to have this :o

Your suggestion was not to rearrange nexuses, but to convert nexus to a generic pp which can be used anywhere, including attributes, which was given a big whopping no many times.

It defeats the entire purpose of a #reset. As has been pointed out countless times, #reset is difficult and drastic for a reason.

you took the wrong approach to my suggestion, i don't want it just to benefit me.

So which is it?

Forget it then ;s

The whole point was that someone who had made a noob mistake a long time ago and gotten to like 130 OA would not have to reset, OR if the conditions change, which again, they do a lot (like, I had to reset when SR became stackable) people should not have to reset then either.

Edited by Atlantis

Of course the conditions change, it's beta. You know this coming in. *shrugs*

I'd rather see character resets when things change. Only reason I can think of that wouldn't be good is because then we would never have high level testing. But they change for all of us. Some things we are set up for better than others, but it's luck of the draw which updates affect us, or don't affect us. Luck of the draw if we unwittingly previously chose well for them or not.

ye, but it makes people want to stop playing I think, when they change something and now their char is messed up :/

While the game is in beta, this would be a good feature

I tend to agree with Atlantis, this would be a nice feature. :o

Perhaps if it was only limited to nexuses bought with pps, not with bars, then this might help those who already put a lot of pps into nexuses, without allowing people to effectively buy pps for 60hydro bars (or whatever number). But I'm not sure if it can be distinguished between them, so may not be viable. But really, I doubt there are a huge amount of people buying nexuses this way anyway (just look at the poll, only 30% of voters said they'd use it), so it doesn't seem like a huge priority.