Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Need some help on the test server

Ok, I finished the allied guilds thingy, and it's ready for testing.

So I need people from a few guilds, plus some summoners to test and see if there are any unexpected problems.

If you don't know how to go on the test server, don't bother.

Instructions on the objective of the test will be given on the test server. Meet me at Molgor.

Hey im the owner of the guild *GJ* i would like to help but i dont know what to change the server to? can someone tell me?

Edited by Gandalf2

Hey im the owner of the guild *GJ* i would like to help but i dont know what to change the server to? can someone tell me?

Answer:

Snip

:blink:

#allies_list

#set_ally_guild <tag>

#unset_ally_guild <tag>

#enemies_list

#set_enemy_guild <tag>

#unset_enemy_guild <tag>

Sorry, wanted to help, but got "whacked" as soon as I got there. Was hoping that even the pk'ers would allow others to help, but I suppose not. Maybe another time perhaps....

Im sorry but I think that the above statment is a little unfair, some people would love the chance to help in any way they can as they love the game, but do not know about this test server. You ask for people to help and volunteer but then shoot them down when they ask if they can help.

Not all of us can help in some things like the more experienced players, but are willing to volunteer all the same, and its a shame how that was writen with such 'attitude'

Sorry but I just had to say somthing and it has put me off wanting to volunteer now

Fade

Im sorry but I think that the above statment is a little unfair, some people would love the chance to help in any way they can as they love the game, but do not know about this test server. You ask for people to help and volunteer but then shoot them down when they ask if they can help.

Not all of us can help in some things like the more experienced players, but are willing to volunteer all the same, and its a shame how that was writen with such 'attitude'

Sorry but I just had to say somthing and it has put me off wanting to volunteer now

Fade

I can understand how Ent's statement might come across as blunt to some. Please do try to understand though that he just finished spending hours upon hours working, toiling, and travailing to program and implement a feature for US. He's extremely busy and what he needs right now are people who can show up and immediately start testing.

It's a bit unfair to ask Entropy to have to now spend time trying to get people onto the test server; to spend time explaining the differences to each player; to then try to get all those people back onto the main server. He's already done quite a lot and all that time, effort and energy takes away from him being able to test efficiently and effectively. It also would significantly slow down the development process which means that we get less updates.

I humbly ask you to consider taking this as an opportunity to learn about the test server from players you know and from the forums here. Take some time to go over there and come back so that when you have the opportunity to help test something you can be one of the players who can hop onto the test server and help test. Help the testing go smoothly and everybody will benefit and be thankful :P

stuff

Yes, what Chance said.

FYI, I spent about 3 hours ironing out the bugs, that in addition to the time spent to implement those features, which is considerably higher.

People are welcome to ask others how to get on the test server, but the test server is unofficial, so I personally don't like to waste my time responding to questions such as: "how do I edit el.ini".

i felt nice so i pm'd him how to get to it ye lolz

gimme a medal or sommat, cos i dont help ppz often :P

Fade

Man I love you fade!!! hehe remember moi!!!! I'm still around on the forums even though I can't play!!!!!!

Anyway to Chance, please don't include entropy in what fade was on about it was CelticLady quoting Entropy, instead of bothering to explain a simple way of accessing the test server...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I just checked updates and the most recent topic to do with test servers was: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28711

took around 10 seconds, and instead of quoting a reply which simply helped no one, I helped people which want to improve this game (plus more people testing is great because of more varied opinions....)

And I'd like to thank Entropy for all the work he puts into this, despite this I'd expect others to be more helpful...

p.s I would love to help on the test server, but until friday evening I won't be able to access EL (graphics card with no known (to me) way to get openGL).

Cheers Seveneyes

EDIT:

i felt nice so i pm'd him how to get to it ye lolz

gimme a medal or sommat, cos i dont help ppz often

If reffering to fadewillows its a HER!!!

*Gives Liquid half a medal and a pint hehe*

Edited by Rockfall

snip

Anyway to Chance, please don't include entropy in what fade was on about it was CelticLady quoting Entropy, instead of bothering to explain a simple way of accessing the test server...

snip

Ummm yeah, well, I didn't bother to explain a simple way of accessing it cause that isn't what this thread was about. It was about Entropy asking for people who already knew how to get there to come and help test something right then and there.

I apologize if that seemed overly rude, but it seemed pretty clear in the original post that it was for people that knew how to get there. If he wanted to give a step by step then he would have.