Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BladeStone

Ideas to improve the game

I'm stiffling my fear to post what I believe would really help out with the game. I've got a lot of ideas yet I hope I don't get band for posting things I personally believe would really help this game out alot. Again I want to make this clear to the readers, this is my _opinion_ I'm not demanding anything. You don't even have to agree with me, just don't force me to believe the same thing you do. If you see a how any of my comments are not helpful for the game, please point out the reasons clearly, don't just insult. Again these are just some of the features which would make this game more enjoyable.

<b>The A List: "Things we should Add/Adjust"</b>

1.) Add a timer bar on the crafting window so you can see it progress when you make things like iron bars and armor. This will help make the weight bareable for when doing large numbers of products

- Also add a way to to do continues crafting so we can fill up on food and make 40 fe's in one run with just one click.

2.) Add a new tool, make it able to turn hides into leather.

3.) If you do that warning system, make it 10 minute warning because some of us carry way to much into the mine, we need the time to lighten the load by crafting

4.) Make vails craftable with 5 normal quartz and an Fire Essence and a molding tool

5.) Add in-game mail capibility so you can leave messages for off-line other players

6.) Drop the Fire Essence time delay down to less then a second

7.) take off 25% of the delay rate for all the food.

8.) Make more currency type, copper, silver. You've got gold and platnium.

- make the platnium not cost to exchange between gold and platnium

- make 100 silver worth one gold

- Adjust NPC prices to make crafting a more viable for making low level gear for sale to starting players

9.) Drop the experience gained by fighting to be more resonable because:

- the only one's who can haul tons of stuff don't want to mine or haul because they are fighters.

- the really high level players are fighters because they can get 100,000 experience per hour while crafter can do 10,000 per hour.

10.) Add the run capibility to character yet have it consume 1 food per five seconds

11.) Add a new perk call the fat perk which allows you to have 90 points of food

12.) Increase the chance of getting a unique thing like efe, binding stone, special potions. Instead of being 100,000 to 1 how about something like 20,000 to one? Or, make it so that you can make these special things with out requiring another special hard to get thing to make it.

- making Enriched Fire Essences' start at Alch level 50 and never have better then a 75% success rate.

13.) Remove hydroium and wolframium from the production of the steel products, that's just iron and fire and coal. You can make Titanium as crazy as you want though because every one wants that stuff

14.) Invasion are only fun for fighters

15.) There is only one day which beniffits crafters the rest are all for fighters

16.) Lets be able from taking something from the equip squares and be able to drop it into storage

17.) Lets be able to take a weapon and drop it into the equip squares and have it auto replace the gloves, or pick axe or any other weapon we are carriing

18.) Allow items to be traded places in the inventory by dropping one item on another. The item being placed get the new position, and the one being replaced gets the other objects position

19.) When buying/selling items to NPC be able to enter an exact number of what you want instead of having to pick 1,5,10,12,50... etc

20.) Get the number pad numbers to be recognized ingame instead of only the numbers above the letter keys.

21.) The small creatures are a pain to click on, give them a shadow which gives them a larger signiture for telling our player to kill the bunny.

<b>From the B List: "Would be nice to have"</b?

1.) Make the weight a floating point 0.00 and adjust the weight of things.

<hr>

Ok, that covers one or two things from my A list of improvements which I believe would improve the quality of the game. I'm holding off all the other comments because they fall into what I call the B list, and C list.

Your game is sort of fun for us crafters, so please don't ban me for answering your question. 0_0

Edited by BladeStone

5.) Add in-game mail capibility so you can leave messages for off-line other players

There already is a function like that with the bot Gossip. do /gossip tell [playername] [message] and it will tell it to them when they are online.Also it sends it to their e-mail if they enable e-mail notification thing. :P

*And why would they ban you for telling your suggestions?*

19.) When buying/selling items to NPC be able to enter an exact number of what you want instead of having to pick 1,5,10,12,50... etc

this can be done already too, right click one of the numbers, it changes red, backspace and type a new number between 1 and 9999, and hit enter, its very nice

2.) Add a new tool, make it able to turn hides into leather.

4.) Make vails craftable with 5 normal quartz and an Fire Essence and a molding tool

10.) Add the run capibility to character yet have it consume 1 food per five seconds

I thought these were good too.

I do like these ideas a lot, but please take into consideration that there are many players that only play from time to time. So someone that plays only a couple of hours a week, naturally has not as much time to get gc as people that play a lot. So usually these players will spend their gc on things they really need (like supplies, etc) and not necessarily on a global invasion warning system.

Or what happens if no one pays for the warnings? The monsters would run through all the maps, killing the weak players, while the stronger players wouldn't really care. That would probably have a negative effect on the number of people playing the game.

Now I'm sure there is a solution for any of these problems, I'm just throwing in my thoughts.

oh and btw. While I know there are incredibly rich persons in EL, I know that it's hard for me getting all the gc to continue my training. So please take into consideration, that not everyone is super-rich.

I don't like posting here either, but might as well. :) (I also assume by "crafting" you mean manufacturable)

1.) No comment.

2.) Like the idea, but leather is easy to get anyway.

3.) No comment.

4.) Like it, especially since my vial supply is low.

5.) You can already do this with gossip.

6.) I don't mind it how it is.

7.) No comment.

8.) No comment.

9.) If you don't like the xp, try doing something else.

10.) AFAIK that's not going to happen.

11.) Don't like it, for reasons I don't feel like explaining. =P

12.) I dunno ratio of special pots, but EFE are 3/10k or 6/10k if you have artificer.

13.) IMO, that would take out the rarity of them.

14.) No comment.

15.) Not true, there's Day of Joule, Scientists Day, Iand ncreased rare manu day,

16.) Lets be able from taking something from the equip squares and be able to drop it into storage

17.) Good idea.

18.) ^^

19.) Can be done.

20.) Would be very nice to see (that is, if it's not already in-game).

21.) No comment.

Edited by Foehammer

1) sounds decent, but if you mean per item, that's not very long... not sure how useful it'd be. unless you mean setting a target and showing percentage towards that.

1.2) you already can do that. it's called macro-ing and you get banned for it. seriously, the interaction is there for a reason.

2) not new. new ones only please

3) 10 min is a bit much, really... a couple mins is enough for makers, though not AFKers 8^)

4) not new. new ones only please

5) not new. new ones only please

6) this is how it used to be... they went up to reduce the manu-ing, as I understand it... not that I like it either

7) why?

8) eh... you might as well ask for ability to use 1/8ths of a gc. that'd be more in line with current coin usage

9) it's not that they get that much more xp, really, it's that they don't have a max. I mean, top fighters still have challenges, things like harv and alch (which come next in the high leveled skills) don't

the fact that killing things may be more fun for a lot of people also would have something to do with it

10) kay, pass the cluestick. seriously, run is one of the definative answers for why you must search first. then you'd know why.

11) not very balanced. and again, not new. search much?

12) why? they're rare for a reason

13) steel and titanium are as useful as each other, tit isn't better than steel for a lot of stuff. people will buy both.

14) y'think? even if it were true, so what? where's the suggestion? (not that it is true, producers often get to sell extra after invasions, when a lot of people lose stuff)

15) there's more than one. and not all are for fighters

16) handy, but not a new idea

17) handy, but not a new idea

18) handy, but not a new idea

19) the storage used to be like stores are now. hopefully one day shops will use a similar interface to the storage. which would certainly cover this

20) depends on your keyboard, I think...

21) ctrl+o -> font -> name text size to about 5 or 6. then click the name. much easier (really, though, they're small for a reason, y'know?)

- the only one's who can haul tons of stuff don't want to mine or haul because they are fighters.

- the really high level players are fighters because they can get 100,000 experience per hour while crafter can do 10,000 per hour.

- Why wouldn't they want to mine? Most of fighters already do.

- Crafter or manufacturer can easily get 100k experience in hour, he just needs high level and lots of materials. Those fighters who get 100k+ experience in hour mostly have their a/d level over 100 and need armor/essence/potions (compare to materials of productive skills). What about getting manufacturing over 100 and then complaining again? :)

Did you ever go out for some serious fighting?

Let's see, what are the expenses for a crafter? or any other overall manu-like skill: the feasting potions, sanding papers for crafting (I admit they're a pain), wine for potions (teh cheap with the quest), and other various non-manufacturable ingredients. the rest you can harvest, make yourself easily (FE wise)... and the expenses you may have on them are by far overcome by the profit on the sale of the production.

On the other hand, do you even know how many sr potions and HE you waste in a single training round? I insist, go out and fight a bit for real, then think about that statement again. The fact of fighting being fun and that overcomes that waste, but it's still impossible to make profit by fighting, so at least we can have nice exp as a reward.

I bet most fighters will quit or take another skill if fighting becomes less rewarding than it is (even tho I like fighting I would consider it).

Edited by Draym

Here are my few suggestions:

1. Vials are problem, as other say, make them manufactureable or lower Harvy's vial exchange to 2 quartz + 3 gc, now is 5 quartz + 3 gc, you spend whole day to get 1k vials, you can buy them form Mira for 10 gc and spend lot of time to drink minor mana/healing, or buy quartz form other players for 2 gc and go to Harvy, and u are than in big minus (5 quartz = 10 gc + 3gc = 13 gc per vial).

2. Bars, lower iron ore for iron and steel bar, as I said above, manuers have low EMU and need lot of time to harvest iron ore for 1k iron/steel bars.

3. Lower iron/steel bars to made some swords/armor (iron sword, steel long, s2e, steel shield), becouse they need too much ingridients for so low xp and its hard to get manu above lvl 40.

Thats all I want for now. ;)

Cheers!

2. Bars, lower iron ore for iron and steel bar, as I said above, manuers have low EMU and need lot of time to harvest iron ore for 1k iron/steel bars.

3. Lower iron/steel bars to made some swords/armor (iron sword, steel long, s2e, steel shield), becouse they need too much ingridients for so low xp and its hard to get manu above lvl 40.

2. You can make bars in the mine like most of people do.

3. Nobody says you have to level up with highest product you can make. You can level up with leather items as well (like most of people do ;))

1.) Add a timer bar on the crafting window so you can see it progress when you make things like iron bars and armor. This will help make the weight bareable for when doing large numbers of products

1.2) I don't like the repetitive system either, but this is just an authorized version of macroing--why play if you just want the game to play for you? I bet there are other, more elegant solutions to the problem.

2.) This would be nice, but leather is already cheap. I don't think I'd sit around and make 500 of 'em when I can just buy them for less than the cost of furs in about 5 minutes.

3.) No comment.

4.) More things to make are nice

5.) Just use gossip

6.) Why?

7.) Why?

8.) Might be interesting

8.1) No comment-I'm not a crafter

9.) I can see raising the exp. for other skills a bit, but not for lowering it for fighters.

10.) *sigh* AFAIK not available for technical reasons...

11.) That'd be nice

12.) I don't think these items are rare ENOUGH.

13.) IMO, the more expensive/rare, the better. I'm sick of seing newbs walking around in the best gear in the game.

14.) *scratches head*

15.) The rest are not all for fighters. The increased experience day is for everyone, for example.

16.) This would be super nice

17.) That would also be super nice

18.) Again, nice idea.

19.) Isn't this already planned?

20.) Mine work...

21.) I'd imagine shooting bunnies IRL is even harder :)

10.) *sigh* AFAIK not available for technical reasons...
true, and I mostly know the details, but there's more to it than that.

we already walk quite quickly (compare distance vs time a char moves, compare to RL, and you have a heavy pack. you're speed-walking at the least already), and there are ways to move faster, such as good use of TP platforms, mapchanges/alternate paths (granted, these both take some knowledge of EL's terrain and probably some testing, but people should expect that. sometimes the alternate path may mean having a MM cape on. also planning.) and TP rings or portals room (even tptr, if you can jump a river, etc, for example to get quickly to rubies... a lot of people know that one). yes, the fastest way to get around costs money. that's a good thing, because there's precious little trade in EL as it is

1.2) I don't like the repetitive system either, but this is just an authorized version of macroing--why play if you just want the game to play for you? I bet there are other, more elegant solutions to the problem.

I think that merits it's own thread, since click-festing is the most common complaint. Personally, the best idea I've been able to come up with yet is hitting the manufacture button makes items until you run out of food/items. (And, of course, eating/getting items stops manufacturing the same way it does now.) Small improvement, but I suspect it would have saved my mouse. (Which, thanks to HE, currently has a broken left-button.) Still, a more elegant solution would reduce the urge to mass-manufacture, instead of just slightly reducing the number of clicks required.

Edited by crusadingknight