Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Naxyr

Test server

err... if you can't find port 2001, then maybe you shouldn't be going there... making a bot is a lot more complicated

Edited by ttlanhil

well i am trying to make a bot and iall i want is to find that test server, i would like some more details on where to find it if it is easy to find then i may have been to lazy to see it I am just having some trouble somehow finding it.

<Labrat's help quota for this player>

The test server is the normal EL server.

Port 2001 is make a connection to the port numbered, not surprisingly, 2001, on the EL server.

I hope you know that you connect to a web site on port 80 (the HTTP port), if you understand that then you should be able to understand how to connect to port 2001, 5150 or any other port.

</Labrat's help quota for this player>

<Labrat's help quota for this player>

The test server is the normal EL server.

Port 2001 is make a connection to the port numbered, not surprisingly, 2001, on the EL server.

I hope you know that you connect to a web site on port 80 (the HTTP port), if you understand that then you should be able to understand how to connect to port 2001, 5150 or any other port.

</Labrat's help quota for this player>

unfortunately i did not understand what uyou mean so what is the difference then for the main and test server then, so the game does not have two servers or isi it all one server i am getting confused.

then write some code, read ELC, it should become a bit clearer

As again i can't find everything, i am looking for a simple way to do this, i think I can access the test server from the game's configuration otherwise tell me in a clear and easy way to find the test server i am not too technical or i am having a reall bad fog in my head today.

i am not too technical
then how are you going to make a bot? you realise that it means writing computer code, yes?

that's why we're being obtuse... either you can understand the technical details you already have, or you can't, in which case you won't have much luck writing a bot

well i am trying to make a bot and iall i want is to find that test server, i would like some more details on where to find it if it is easy to find then i may have been to lazy to see it I am just having some trouble somehow finding it.

What exactly are you going to do on the test server once you get there?