Eternal Lands Official Forums
Thordin

Empty vials problematics

As m_bee posted and I agree with him, vials should not be so expensive. They should be like 1gc+1 quartz from Harvy more like. And how long do you think that players will buy those vials if there will be more and more of them? One time, the market will get oversaturated (if it is not even now) with them and you will have plenty of vials in your storage for no use. We DO need some more money sink along with lowering the price of the vials.

Please read the posts above, what about the people with ten thousands with them? There HAS to be some sink here, new vials are coming in greater numbers than they are disappearing due to fails. This needs to be solved, otherwise, we'll get overwhelmed by empty vials all over the place...

After you will be playing this game longer, you will also get more and more empty vials and believe me, you won't be able to sell them, there is too great supply over the demand at the moment.

Why not just set them on the ground and let them dissapear.Just saying

Please play the game longer and learn some of its problematics before making such a stupid suggestion :icon13:

Vials are expensive to just let go poof willingly, but if there was a mechanism which would make them break, nobody could complain (at least not much).

EDIT: I have created new character and tried to make some basic potions. I think that this suggestion should not be applied to mana and health potions, because newb potioner is loosing decent amount of vials anyway.

Edited by ThordinElement

Considering that the price on SRs and BRs are going down down down, why not make the vial disappear completely upon use of the potion?

Then you have to buy vials from Harvy. It would control the amount of empty vials that enter the game and slow down product a little to keep the cost of the SRs/BRs from going under 10gc each.

Harvy is a thief! 3gc+5 quartz for a vial? That is unheard of. If the Harvy would sell it for let's say 1gc+1quartz, it would be suitable, but otherwise I am afraid it would only give advantage in the hands of those who have tens of thousands vials and do not know what to do with them.

Considering that the price on SRs and BRs are going down down down, why not make the vial disappear completely upon use of the potion?

Then you have to buy vials from Harvy. It would control the amount of empty vials that enter the game and slow down product a little to keep the cost of the SRs/BRs from going under 10gc each.

Srs were too pricey anyway, look what the ingreds are, and look at other items. In the past they were so expensive because of all the fails, but now a lot of players have a decent potion level and can produce them for a very nice price. Vials won't do anything here.

I have to say once more that vial price is exaggerated. Look at for example SR potion: ingreds+food are worth approximately 6gc and empty vial 3gc. How can container of the potion costs one third of its price? I think there is definitely need something to be done here (and not only vials, some other items have dusty, spiderweb covered prices (e.g. NPC blacksmiths)).

Speaking of containers, what happens to all the empty wine, ale and mead bottles?

Now that's a good question, I'm afraid I cannot tell you. Maybe they are disposed of, after you use them, finding them unfit and dirty for potion brewing. Man, environment get hurts a lot in EL too :angry:

Thordin's right but i agree with the other person about using vials to make more pots, im a potioner myself and im trying to use my own vials to make my own fp's sr's and so on but with vials breaking that wont be too great so its a no vote for me

Thordin's right but i agree with the other person about using vials to make more pots, im a potioner myself and im trying to use my own vials to make my own fp's sr's and so on but with vials breaking that wont be too great so its a no vote for me

same for me^^

I make potions for our guild and others have a potions lvl in the low 40's and i still lose 2-5% of vials :icon13: sometimes it is hard for me to keep them in stock.

Ok, I agree that potioners in lower levels (I am also only 43) may feel it will hurt them. Another reason to make vial cheaper (I find 1gc accurate for vial). But what about those players, who have 10k+ vials in their storages? What about those with even 50k+?!? There are more vials coming than going out and this should be adjusted. Of course changes do harm to one side, no change can satisfy everybody.

And I suggested vials breaking in using potions. And most of end-users are not productive players but fighters, who are overwhelmed by surplus of vials. Think about them too.

Ok, I agree that potioners in lower levels (I am also only 43) may feel it will hurt them. Another reason to make vial cheaper (I find 1gc accurate for vial). But what about those players, who have 10k+ vials in their storages? What about those with even 50k+?!? There are more vials coming than going out and this should be adjusted. Of course changes do harm to one side, no change can satisfy everybody.

And I suggested vials breaking in using potions. And most of end-users are not productive players but fighters, who are overwhelmed by surplus of vials. Think about them too.

I agree with you here. I do see where you are coming from. I do buy most of my vials off of the fighters. Usually they ask to much 5 or 8gc per vial which is what you would charge for a vial threw harvery with the gc and quarts. But there are other that are more than willing to just get 3gc or under i try to find them. As soon as ppl get off of the 3-8gc per vial they would start moving alot more and ppl would not have the 10k-50k vials in their storage.

I will say this i buy vials at 1gc pm me in game or fourms. :)

The problem is the recipe at Harvy, if it was changed to 1gc+1quartz (or maybe just 1gc), it would certainly solve FIRST HALF the problem.

The SECOND HALF is that more vials is coming in than out, which could be solved by breaking chance when drinking the potions. (except for minor heal and minor mana potions)

If you have nothing to do with vials just give them to me. :P I can use all that I can get.

I know it's fun, but it does not simply get the point.

This could be said about every item which is in oversupply in EL.

I just though that this may help the economy a bit, by encouraging vials market.