Eternal Lands Official Forums
omfug88

metal thread

n e one like metal? not like disturbed or godsmack, but like real metal. slayer, bathory, emperor, iced earth, at the gates, demons & wizards, dimmu borgir, black metal, death metal, oriental, grind, stoner/sludge, christian, etc.

Sure, good old trash metal frome the 80's like slayer, anthrax, s.o.d., (Old) metallica...yea that's music :devlish:

thats cool. i like extol, dimmu borgir, and bathory alot. all great bands. if u wanna hear an awsome track, look up Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse by Dimmu Borgir. one of the first i heard by them. got me hooked.

This is my definition of Metal (and Hard Röck)

ManOwaR

Iron Maiden

Motörhead

Black Sabbath

Twisted Sister

AC/DC

The Cult

Steppenwolf

Saxon

GammaRay

and a little Sonata Arctica.

Rhapsody, Nightwish, HammerFall, Manowar, Megadeth, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Rammstein, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Luca Turilli, and many others, i think. :)

real metal

Music nazi :P And seriously: most band you listed are jerks playing on badly overdriven guitars bcz they can't write a really heavy riff. imo CoF is no metal at all, I would rather call it growled pop, in addition many of my bm friends say dimmu borgir are sell-outs (I don't mind personally, I like the compositions from "death cult armaggedon" :)) I don't like that kind of attitue towards art.

And back on topic: I love metal!! I won't list all the bandslike others did bcz it's just not right to mention deep purple and hunter in one sentence :) Instead I'll try to do some promoting of local underground you might want to check out :) (i hope it wont be recognized as commertial advertising :ph34r: )

-Asspirine

-Sceptic (not really undergruond but still worth your atention)

-Sphere

-Strange Brew (not really metal :P but uber cool young band with big potential)

-Rootwater (if you still think nu metal is commertial shit after listening this- you suck)

-Exlibris

-Gortal

If you'll like some of these bands i can post a lot more :) All sites should be avaliable in english, if not- it's not hard to guess what "mp3" button means :)

real metal

Music nazi :P And seriously: most band you listed are jerks playing on badly overdriven guitars bcz they can't write a really heavy riff. imo CoF is no metal at all, I would rather call it growled pop, in addition many of my bm friends say dimmu borgir are sell-outs (I don't mind personally, I like the compositions from "death cult armaggedon" :)) I don't like that kind of attitue towards art.

And back on topic: I love metal!! I won't list all the bandslike others did bcz it's just not right to mention deep purple and hunter in one sentence :) Instead I'll try to do some promoting of local underground you might want to check out :) (i hope it wont be recognized as commertial advertising :ph34r: )

-Asspirine

-Sceptic (not really undergruond but still worth your atention)

-Sphere

-Strange Brew (not really metal :P but uber cool young band with big potential)

-Rootwater (if you still think nu metal is commertial shit after listening this- you suck)

-Exlibris

-Gortal

If you'll like some of these bands i can post a lot more :) All sites should be avaliable in english, if not- it's not hard to guess what "mp3" button means :)

real metal? anything nu metal isnt good. it is teh suck. 80's metal is good. good old bathory, burzum, emperor, and mayhem for black metal. at the gates, krisiun, napalm death, amorphis's old stuff, necrophagist for death. electric wizard, earthride for doom/stoner metal. demons and wizards, iced earth, blind guardian, some janes addiction for power metal. do any of the bands you have listed have cd's? i have honestly never heard any of them. ever. and i have listened to metal forever.

edit: o ya extol for tech metal =)

Edited by omfug88

I said these are underground bands :P Sceptic and rootwater have official CD's, few other bands distribute their albums by themselves. Strange Brew members are ~16 years old and their technique is superb :ph34r: .

As for your relation to nu metal- you seem a bit close-minded. I won't belive you know all nu metal bans out there :P As for me i don't bm and power (with some exeptions ofcourse) but i am not saying that a band sux just 'cause it plays one of these genres

P.S.:

old bathory, burzum, emperor, and mayhem for black metal. at the gates, krisiun, napalm death, amorphis's old stuff, necrophagist for death. electric wizard, earthride for doom/stoner metal. demons and wizards, iced earth, blind guardian, some janes addiction for power metal

Are these all the bands you know? Anyway: Black metal sucks for me, Gortal>>>Krisiun; Exlibris>>>>>>Blind Guardian and Iced Earth put togather. And you should really check those bands out :)

Edited by Czpil

Hardcore Metal owns all! For example:

In Flames

Funeral for a Friend (Welsh Band \o/)

Underoath (Bit more Emo than Hardcore)

Killswitch Engage

Atreyu

As I lay Dying

Between the Buried and Me

Norma Jean

Trivium? (Commercial Metal)

Hawthorne Heights/Taking Back Sunday (More Emo..)

I'll think of more.

Matt

Btw why do you have a Deftones sig if you think nu metal sucks? :blink:

cause they arent nu metal. more of experimental metal/hard rap-rockmabye? they were at first classified as nu metal, but distanced themselves from other bands of the derogatory term. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deftones <----check it out if ya dont believe me

Edited by omfug88

I don't care what someone written in wikipedia :dry: They are one of the creators of nu metal afaik and declaring that they don't play nu dosen't change it.

Hardcore Metal owns all!

I have no doubts, but there is no such thing lol. It's just hardcore :blink:

P.S.: I'm waiting for you'r opinions an the bands i posted, and for you guys to post some nice bands from your town :( Lets stop arguing and start sharing our music expieriences :)) (thats the purose of such threads, isn't it?)

Edited by Czpil

Without getting into a fight about what makes a band "metal", my bands:

Rammstein

Black Sabbath

Disturbed

Hatebreed

Helloween

Iron Maiden

Korn

Marilyn Manson

Megadeth

Ozzy