Eternal Lands Official Forums
macpete

[For Mac users only]Help me discover the pros and cons of this game

Hi,

my name’s Pietro and I’m posting from Italy.

As I've just written to 0ctane (that I have to thank for his kindness and for all the useful infos that he has given to me), I'm a writer of a very popular (and aged: we've celebrated our 200th issue two years ago) Italian monthly Macintosh magazine.

I write consumer-related articles and reviews almost (I’m a bit lazy) every month and I'm writing a report that will try to cover some of the MMORPG games that have reached our platform in the last few years (like World of Warcraft, Everquest Mac Edition, Shadowbane, Minions of Mirth, Second Life, A Tale in the Desert II, Vendetta Online, Lineage and some other interesting shareware and open-source projects like Planeshift and Dofus).

I'd like to supplement this report with a very short description of each title and so in the last year I’ve tried to play each of them shortly, 10-15 hours of gameplay for each one, just to take some in-game screenshots and have a taste of them (with the exception of World of Warcraft and Minions of Mirth wich I 've played more often than the others) ...

I’ve already tried almost all the aforementioned MMORPG titles with the excepion for EverQuest Mac Edition (that I'm playing right now) and Second Life. I've also tried the old port of Eternal Lands made by Corun for a few hours and I'm now toying with the brand-new port made by 0ctane ...

Of course, my main source of informations and feeling are the communities of players like yours.

Here’s my questions for the Mac/EL community:

- with the landing of a big commercial hit like World of Warcraft on our platform and the competition of smaller but ambitious and interesting projects like Minions of Mirth, Dofus and Planeshift, is Eternal Lands still an option for the Mac gamers that would like to start a new MMORPG experience?

- are you satisfied with how the magazines and the Mac-oriented websites have covered this game? Do you think that EL would deserve more attention and that more visibility would help it find more supporters among the Mac community?

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for my rusty English.

Pietro

(www.applicando.com)

eternallandsmacosx10zb.th.jpgeternallandsmacosx36rr.th.jpgeternallandsmacosx25hk.th.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to follow 0ctane's work: MacOS X port thread

and to notify your bugs: OS X client specific bugs and To Do thread

Edited by macpete

I'm a Mac user and am eagerly awaiting the release! I used to play on my PC but it broke and I've been missing old E.L. By the way, your English is great! :devlish:

I must have signed up immediately upon this ports' release because I'm a Mac user and the first day I came to the EL homepage, I downloaded the Mac port and began playing.

I have checked out (although not played) Dofus and Planeshift, and I believe that this game is above the others so far. This game might not be Mac oriented yet since it's just recently been developed, but I have no doubt with a little more press this game will take off above Runescape (what I believe to be the current leader in free MMORPG games). I also feel that this game has just began to bloom and will continue to do so due to the powerful feeling I'm getting from the developers. They're very down to earth and yet they are dedicated and seem to know their stuff.

I really wish this game would be mentioned in further gaming/computer magazines because this, like other MMORPGs, are rising to the top of present day gaming.

Hope we get a peek at the article when it comes out and I hope I've helped in some way.

Here I am ... I'm sorry it has taken so long.

I've delivered my article last June in form of an introductory survey. Essentially, it's more a cumulative review than an essay (it would be boring). The article has been published a few days ago in the August issue of my magazine.

These scans are not readable 'cause this is copyright stuff, of course. I've post them only to show you that your help has been precious ...

200607261400apicop243vu5.th.jpg

1wj0.th.jpg2dr2.th.jpg

3kb3.th.jpg4ba2.th.jpg

5rn0.th.jpg6tx3.th.jpg

7qm5.th.jpg8xn2.th.jpg

Thank you very much for your help (a special thank to Octane) .

Hi macpete,

I am sorry more people did not respond to your invitation to comment on the game. I see your picture of EL on one of the pages. I continue to work on the game, and there has been much progress. Thank you for publishing! I hope we get more Mac players because of your work. =)

Hi macpete,

I am sorry more people did not respond to your invitation to comment on the game. I see your picture of EL on one of the pages. I continue to work on the game, and there has been much progress. Thank you for publishing! I hope we get more Mac players because of your work. =)

Thank you Octane, keep up the good work!

Damn... if i saw this topic before :'( i could have brought u arround the game and show u different places but well...