Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dunian

The Gems of Destiny

Maxim was keeping his head high while riding his horse, Shadow, constantly looking around himself. His hand, laying on his sword's hilt incase they would be raid.

-What an odd feeling- Maxim tought to himself in the end -I've tagged along on a quest where I feel that everyone hides something... damn it, I hate this situation. At least, I can always trust Kat...

Maxim then rolled his eyes to Kat, looking at her as his last hope for safety.

Nicae road along on his horse. Rhan must be annoyed with me, this is one bad tempered horse. Looking at Maxim he noticed how he kept stealing glances at Lady Kat. We were all young once. Everyone here is so uneasy, they all have their hands on their weapons, but not the elf, alas they are such a proud race. Someone has to know more about that griffen than I do, it cant be a magic user, I have felt no traces. Every one is hiding something, even me, who can I trust? Well I think Id better start with the elf. The old hermit quietly engaged conversation with her. May we find the road peaceful..

The sun was setting in a blaze of crimson light by the time the party reached the entrance to the hedges that surrounded Vermor Castle. After they had set up camp and started a fire, they cast lots to see who would have first watch. Rahn was the 'lucky' one chosen.

~~~~

When it looked as if everyone was asleep, Rahn silently drew his dagger from its sheath. Holding it to the blazing fire, he waved his hand over the flat of the blade and whispered over it a name. The emerald set on the end of the hilt glowed with a greenish inner light as he thrust it back into the sheath. Again he drew it, slowly and with held breath. The clean blade flashed, and the emerald's light faded. Rahn leant back against a tree and let out a long sigh of relief. The blade was clean. The messenger must still be alive.

~~~~

At the end of the hour he woke Regar for his watch, threw himself down near the fire, and fell into a deep sleep.

Edited by Dunian

Kat was restless...

She just could not fall asleep, even though she was the type to sleep on the cold hard ground at night, she just wasn't able to get to sleep.

She noticed Rahn go wake up Regar for his watch and Rahn wrap himself up in his cloak. She waited for Rahn's breathing to slow, and for Regar to have his attention on something else.

She slowly got up, not making sound, and picked up her sword, and silently tip toed into the forest. Once she was a safe distance away she tied her sword's shealth to her belt but kept the weapon out.

She put her elbow against a boulder and started thinking about the journey. where is it going to lead to? Will we all make it back? And how can we be so sure that this isn't taking us to our own deaths?

Kat heard a noise from within the forest. A quiet whispering, one she never heard before.... The sound was so muffled that it was too hard to make out. Kat slowly walked farther in, being careful not to step on a twig or leaves. The sound was slowly luring her in....What can it be? Is it music? It's too enchanting, too sweet...

Kat kept on walking farther and deeper into the woods, not even thinking of alerting the others of the strange sound. So afraid of losing it...afraid that if she turned back it would not come back...

The wizard lay on the ground, dead. "Sir! The commander asks me to get you out of here, we are in retreat Nicae." Says the young soldier. "Let us go then." Replies Nicae. Drums beat in the distance, many cheers went up. "How could the prince have lost? The commander must have faced hard enemies" He mumbled.

They rode south, towards the town of Grahms.

In the shadows of the night they crept into the enemy force stationed there. Nicaes essences sent fire into the nearby tents. It was a rout, most were retreating. "Never shall the king feel secure!" They shouted.

Later on they made camp, many sentries on duty. A man near Nicae took out a dagger, muttering to himself before putting it back. Then, he say a female elven archer creep into the forest.

Nicae awoke. I wonder where she went. He listened to a birds song in the air, or at least what he thought was a birds song. The old hermit slowly arose to his feet. This doesn't feel right. He crept after Kat, trusting his years in the wild to keep him from hearing him. But, if he had known, it wouldnt have mattered what he had done. She was totally entranced by the music. The sweet lulling sound almost caught him off gaurd, but his years in magical training stopped that. This is no normal music.

(( Sorry Kat, but I have no idea on how you want this to be played out))

Edited by sparhawk

(( Im dreaming misc events I made up in the ascension of Luxin, but anyhow, Im not to sure on what to do with Kat. I think Ill follow her))

((Ok, im now following her))

Edited by sparhawk

((Maybe you should put the dreams in itallics so its easier to see when you wake up?))

((anyone feel free to make a post and add on, cuz what i have in mind is kinda stupid ;p ))

(( I hope you like this...))

An old elf sat humming to himself on a tree stump. The moon fell upon him, creating deep shadows over his face. "Ahh, I have been expecting you" he stated in a dark voice. The old hermit was frozen in place a few meters away. "This is what you must do Kat". He whispers in her ear, telling her of the future. At last, he hands over to her a long sword wrought of steel and seredium. Slowly, as if in trance she walks away.

"Come Nicae". Nicae walks forward and speaks "Ahh, Tortus it has been a while, the Gods made you too powerful". Tortus laughed. "Is it my fault I can read time around me, it is imperfect, unlike the gods but it gets the job done". Nicae whispered "Why, did you leave the Gods? Why did they let you keep your gift?". The elf sighed, "It is more of a curse, I escaped, but I think they let me". "WHY, OH WHY CAN'T I BE FREE!"

He said in an inhuman voice. Whispering he says "I see their plans, I am a pawn".

Tortus composed himself again. "I must tell you though, you will and must die on this journey. Its matter is strange to me. I see the skulls and the dove! Two figures that create a paradox!. But don’t dwell on it, it will come in time." Nicae was baffled. "Goodbye Tortus, it is not my fault they did not let you go and let myself go. I was glad to be gone of the gift." Tortus stood up "I know, I know, keep an eye on your freinds, they will play great roles in the future. I know about the gift you 'lost', it echo’s!" He whispers "they will never let us be free. Goodbye my old friend..."

Nicae creeps back to camp and finds everyone asleep, he does the same.

((Btw, if you want me to change it I will))

Edited by sparhawk

Bravo to all of the creative writing on this thread! I love it all. Very nice indeed. :brooding:

Edited by Savyl

Bravo to all of the creative writing on this thread! I love it all. Very nice indeed. :P

OCC

((Want to join? A girl who was a elf hasnt come on since early april. I am sure you must be a most excelled writer.

Anyone have any idea's on how to continue? Btw, my post before will not influence any characters or plot. The only thing it will touch will be myself dying later or what Tartus said to Kat. But besides that it was a little 'secret' information and used a few fictional ideas. I hope I have not ruined the story...))

((Edit: forgot to OCC...))

Edited by sparhawk

((I'm waiting for Regar to post (he is on watch duty), or for someone to wake up Rahn))

((meh, why not!))

Kat slowly walked back to camp, with the great sword in her hands. Not even realizing what happened, or what she had in her hands, she looked blankly into the great beyond, or rather nothing at all. Almost as if she was sleep walking, or in a deep trance.

She finally made it back to camp, and headed to the spot where she was sleeping.

"Kat! When did you leave?" It was Regar, sitting up near the fire. Kat took out her sword out of the scabbard, and held onto the one she was given with the other hand.

"Kat, what are you doing?" Regar stood up. He had beads of sweat going down on his forehead, and approached Kat without stirring a sound.

She held up her Serphant Sword near Regar, the other sword still in the other. She wasn't even looking at him, but the sword was pointing right at him.

"Why don't you give me that before you hurt someone?" Regar whispered.

Kat took her sword, and dug it deep into the ground so it wouldn't move, then put the sword she was given into her sword hand. Then looked Regar right in the eye.

Edited by kat

((C'mon guys :o someone can like wake up or something and be like "By God! What are you doing?" ;p...w/e, don't listen to me..i'm just bored ))

Maxim felt disturbed in his dream, the same uneasy one chasing him for the last past months. Opening a single eye and looking around, he saw Kat dropping a sword and pointing at Regar with another one.

-"Kat... what the hell are you doing?"- Maxim said while he got up and walked close. He grabbed the serpent sword from the ground and threw it away.

When Maxim tried to push away Kat's arm with the sword pointing at Regar, she tried to slash towards him. A quick draw move from Maxim made his and Kat's blade clash with a loud noise.

-Whats... this?- Maxim tought to himself. -I feel some kind of vibration through this brand new sword of hers... that's magic, but not ordinary enchantings!

Suddenly, Kat came back to herself, as she put her sword away again. Then Maxim took her appart.

-"Now, could you explain what in Draia is going on?"- He asked Kat while holding her arms.

Edited by Master Maxim

Kat was bewildered at what happened. She was sweating and was as pale as a ghost.

She looked up and realized max was holding onto her and looked very confused.

"wha..wha...just happened?" Kat asked pulling her arms free from Max's strong grip.

"That's what we'd like to know." Max replied staring Kat right in the eye. Kat put her hand to her head, and looked at the sword in her shealth, and pulled it out only half way.

"Where's my sword?" Kat asked looking around.

"Over there. But that should be the least of your worries...What happened back there? You almost killed him!" Max said pointing into the direction he flung it.

"I-I-I...do not know what happened! I swear! I wouldn't hurt him...none of you!" Kat said desperatley. "You know i wouldn't Max..."

"You obviously meant to do something..." Regar said looking nervous.

"Wait...where did that hermit go? You don't think he had something to do with this?" Max stopped and thought for a minute. "Kat, what was the last thing you remember?"

"I remember walking a little deeper into the forest, because i couldn't sleep. Then i heard this..this...music...it was so enchanting...Then i ended up here, with you holding onto my arms... That's it...I don't know what happened...You have to believe me!"

"Ok, Kat. We believe you...for now." Max said looking from Regar to Kat.

"I don't..." Regar murmed under his breath.

"Lets just get some sleep... I think we all need it." Max said putting his weapons near his cloak.

"I'll wake Rahn for his watch...surprised he didn't already wake up yet." Regar said glaring at Kat.

"it'll be morning soon, so, he only has about an hour." Max shrugged.

Once everything calmed down and everyone went back to sleep, Maxim tried to do as well... but couldn't.

-That damn dream... what's that supposed to mean?- Maxim's understanding wouldn't help him get the message that was intended to make him see... -Anyway, thinking about the matter won't help at all... I'll better catch some sleep to keep on going early tomorrow.- And so, Maxim slowly fell asleep.

-Orrin!! Over here!!.

-Gwenneth! Don't let them get the kid!! Run, get safe!! ARGH!! (Orrin gets hit by a bolt).

-No!! Orrin!!! ... ... ... (Gwenneth runs away with a baby in her arms).

(Finally, after a long way, Gwenneth falls down exhausted, with her chasers almost getting her)

-My dear... my love... (Gwenneth adresses her last words to the baby) They shall hunt me today... but you hath to survive... and avenge us someday... (saying so, Gwenneth kisses the baby's forehead... everything's so distorted in Maxim's dream that he can't see how or where has the baby been put to safety... then he woke up...)

-"NO!!!!!!!!!!!"- Maxim yelled has he woke up from his uneasy dream, sitting on the ground and drawing his sword at the same time... his breathing accelerated by the uneasiness.

-Orrin and Gwenneth? What do that two people mean to me? And what's the meaning of the dream supposed to be?...- Then Maxim stood still, as he tried to recover from the tense moment...

((OOC: Somebody can be woken up by my yelling, and if wish to ask about what's wrong... I'm doing this to slowly unleash Maxim's unknown past :P Of course I can ignore that part of the playing if it disturbs the rest of the RP's progress.))

Edited by Master Maxim

Kat had her back to a stump, and her head on her shoulder. Not quite asleep. She was too disturbed about what happened last night, and how easily she lost her free will to whatever it may have been.

The question of what happened to the old hermit frightened her. Hoping that she didn't do anything to him...Then again, if she did...it really wouldn't have been her then would it? She shook those thoughts from her mind.

""NO!!!!!!!!!!!" someone screamed. It was Max, Kat only knew his voice too well. Kat immediately got up and rushed over to Max's side as well Regar who was sleeping near him.

"Max! Wha-" Kat was cut short of her words.

"What did you do now?" Regar interrupted.

"nothing! I just heard Max scream out and-"

"Kat did nothing....It was just a bad dream...nothing more." Max said brushing Kat and Regar away.

"What's all the racket? That had to be the worst night's sleep i had in a LONG time." Rahn said getting up from his bed.

"Nothing to worry about." Max replied.

"Well, better grab some breakfast, i think we better start getting a move on soon." Kat said taking a piece of flat bread out of her bag.

Everyone had their share of the meal, and everyone ate in their own little 'groups.' Kat didn't like what was happening on the journey all ready. With it only being the second day out, and the mistrust that came about.

"So, max. If you don't mind my asking, what were you dreaming about? What made you cry out like that?" Kat asked.

"I'll tell you later. Looks like we have some company." Max replied.

"Any idea of what happened to that hermit? If he doesn't show up soon, we'll have to leave without him." Rahn asked approaching Kat and Max.

"No...sorry." Kat replied.

"Max?" Rahn asked looking at Max.

"No, the last time i saw him was last night before i fell asleep." Max was just finishing up his slice of bread. and walked over to his horse and started fixing the saddle. Kat followed and did the same with hers.

((If you guys don't like the mistrust i put btwn the group, feel free to do something to change it))

Edited by kat

((Occ

Nicae creeps back to camp and finds everyone asleep, he does the same.

Ill change it since everyone thinks im gone. :pirate: ))

Nicae came back to the camp, after talking with Tortus, he had wandered far in order to try to put himself together. Deeply troubled, and mumbling to himself, his voice left ((the voice he talks to)). What could it mean? Alone and afraid, he had fallen down a small cliff, laying there in an icy chill. Until he came to means with himself.

That voice came when I needed it, when I had done nothing for the world and was lonely. Perhaps now, I have cast off my hermitself for good. I have died! Thats what it means, no longer am I Nicae the hermit but I am... Hmm, what was I called before... Nicae scratches his head. I will have to figure it out in due time.

Not knowing it, he had changed. His back straitened, his hair less grey and his manner more proud.

"I am back, I have been looking in myself, and now that I am done I am better. May this mark a new beginning."

Sitting next to Kat, Maxim explained the whole dream to her ((OOC: I don't feel like rewriting :D so take it as I've explained you the dream as I've written it on the last post Kat :) )).

-"It's something that really troubles me..."- Maxim explained further -"I don't know what kind of relationship could that people have with me... and if that scene is just my imagination or a flashback... Hey, look, the hermit's back."- Maxim interupted himself as he pointed to the woods. Nicae was walking back... there was something odd about him.

-"Let's stay vigilant..."- Maxim whispered to Kat -"I find it hard to trust that old man now..."- And then, without nobody noticing, Maxim snook his hand into his cloak, ready to face any unexpected situation.

Rahn stood up, "Lets all get packed, the day's awastin' and we still have the hedge maze to get through." He put out the fire, and loaded his horse, and waited for the others to do the same. Before them stood two trees like seninals on either side of a gap in a very dark hedge. The party started forward...

Nicae was frightened. They had passed the gate of the hedge in daylight and now it was dark. Looking back he could still see the bright light, but all around the massive hedges stole what little light there was. It was silent, sureal and strange. Looking up, he saw the sky was clouded over in dark grey. Where did that come from?he thought to himself. Bend after bend and still they seemed no closer. Vermors castle stood appeared to be a menace. The company shivered as unknown eyes pierced them. Almost there Nicae fought a battle in himself No, not yet. Screaming his fury he aimed his hands upward and dazzling light shone from them. The light ripped the clouds open and daylight came through.

A force came forth. Old and powerful a blast of light smashed Nicae to the ground from the air. Getting up the old man sheilded himself while fighting the battle. Bleeding and bruised Nicae sent forth one last blast, before being knocked down by grey smoke. He tried to get up but fell in the mud. "See! See! I have become better than you while you cowered by Ghrams!" came a voice from the clouds.

Everyone had watched hopelessly as Nicae had fought. Unable to do anything. Suddenly Kat took up the sword Tartus gave her. Weilding it a muffled blast came from above. A man with black hair in suit of leather fell from the clouds. As he fell, the clouds died until he crashed a distance off, his back broken.

((I hope you like this, tell me if you don't and I will change it))

Violetta sighs as she continues to walk away from Eam, leaving behind all the memories, happy and sad, leaving behind the only best friend she had in life besides Alexei, her younger sister, she had taken off with naught but her clothes and a smokey gray cloak that seems to be made of frozen fire, at first she thought this was a magical cloak, and indeed it was but not in the way she had expected. Mary, her best friend, was an evoker of flame and had toiled long years to make the cloak of frozen flame, It is her only memento of Mary and she would guard it with her life. At the request of the teacher she also set off with self defense training and a steel longsword. She spots in the distance what seems to be an entranceway of sorts, she begins observing this way curiously, spotting two trees on either side of a gap in a dark hedge, she stares awestruck at the hedge and the trees.

((This is the exit, just tell me if it looks any different :blush::D ))