Eternal Lands Official Forums
Pyewacket

Player of the Month award

Just an idea here, and it's not developement as such, as the game wont need an update to implement this, but....

Would it be possible for Entropy and Roja to get their heads together with either the Mods or the Guild Leaders sometime each month, and also to check out threads such as this one HERE.

Then decide amongst themselves a suitable award for a player that has been showing the most exemplory attitude to playing the game? I am hoping it MIGHT encourage more such decent behaviour ingame.

There could also be a players thread for nominations for the award into the run up for each month, with players stating the reasons why they are nominating someone for the award.

Anyway, thats the basics, feel free anyone, to pull it apart or improve on it as you see fit.

- PYEwacket

trouble is... it could be a heck of a lot of work, which will be up to players to do (roja and ent have too much to do already), and you never know the full story.

I don't think it would work fairly

trouble is... it could be a heck of a lot of work, which will be up to players to do (roja and ent have too much to do already), and you never know the full story.

I don't think it would work fairly

Psst pyewacket. How much could I bribe you to nominate me? I agree with you ttlanhil.

yeah this would be ahrd to do, but i guess it could be done by a player vote every month, problem is it would proberly turn into a populatiy contest

It could work the same way that outlaws work, in reverse?

Chatlogs and screenies?

Just brainstorming here, and yeah i know how easy it would be to fake them...

Oh boy, another way for the cutesy people to be better than everybody else?

It's a good idea in theory, but Kedan is right, and it will only turn into a popularity contest, which will provide even more ammo for people on this game to tear each other to pieces...

It could work the same way that outlaws work, in reverse?

Chatlogs and screenies?

Just brainstorming here, and yeah i know how easy it would be to fake them...

The outlaw awards for this year were already giving out, along with bans to go with them, or ar you saying you should have gotten a big award?

The outlaw awards for this year were already giving out, along with bans to go with them, or ar you saying you should have gotten a big award?

No, I was trying to encourage the opposite type of playing that usually plagues the outlaw and bans sections, and most certainly wasnt looking for an award for myself....It would possibly discourage people from bagjumping if they thought a reward was involved, or even fame/immortality on a scroll of Players awarded, within the game somewhere.

Anyway it is quite obvious this idea isnt feasible, too many non "cutesy" types wanna throw a spanner into the works already. Suggestion withdrawn

Edited by Pyewacket