Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EngelNacht

The Broken Angel

Glistening beneath the ominous blood-red moon was the veiled and mysterious character of elegance's quintessence. Adorned in the most opulent of fashions, the feminine form wandered from tree to tree in the forest in Whitestone. Her very posture and stance would give the appearance that she was an individual deeply consumed in wealth and power, though that was far from true. In fact, she was a lost and wandering soul, broken and alone from all the years of pain. The only thing she held was her trusty sword and her pride. Even her infamous passion and personality was withering away like the leaves that crunched beneath her expensive leather boots.

With a soft sigh of perhaps frustration, the wandering teenaged girl paused and rest leaning against a large tree, drawing back the hood of her cloak to reveal a strong yet feminine face that sported a slightly masculine nose, full lips, and piercing eyes. Framing her features was a mass of thick auburn hair that cascaded past her shoulders and rested untouched upon her dark brown cloak.

The girl was simply known as Aethial, or even simplier, "Engel". Quite fitting for her in a sense. She was the fair age of nineteen, and her origin was quite unknown to many. One day whilst wandering about as a child, she came across a clan of shady and mysterious elves who adored the occult. She never returned to her family.

Now here she stays, seven years later in a cask of remembrance. Whether she was happy or not was truly a mystery...

Explainatory, if not slightly bombastic, your words have filled my mind with the essense of your form and ways.

May your sword stay sharp! - Brom the Storyteller ((Yes I know it is in my siggy ))

Little did Aethial know of the glistening white figure basking in the moonlight behind her. Then a neigh rang out into the night, pristene and clear, light and pure.

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

((Humm, Ohh, you wish to RP from this? In this thread? I thought you were just introducing your character. :evilgrin:))

A young Brom stalked his prey, he was longing for meat. He had grown up in Lakeside and hunting for deer was common, but most lacked the speed and skill to actually kill the beast. Deer in Serdia would fight back and often their horns would pierce flesh and puncture lungs, sometimes killing, but Brom wanted meat, thus the hunt.

He paused as he heard a wagon trundle up the road, the wheels bouncing and jouncing along. He hid himself in the grey shadow of a tree and watched as an older man drove the cart by, and sitting next to him was a girl, I say girl because it was his hope she was younger than he. Beautiful, yes. But it was the mystery that drapped around her that was so tantilizing. His breath caught as she looked directly at him, into his eyes. At that moment he knew only of her eyes, nothing else. Then the cart passed behind a tree and Brom ripped his gaze away, stalking away from the cart and the girl.

Edited by Brom

The figure gazed down, and spotted a young lad staring at something. It turned it's head, and saw a young girl, but it knew better. The girl was shrowded in a veil of mystery, and had a magical aura around her. The figure mounted it's steed, and rode down towards the young lad, the young Brom.

The figure was a draegoni, dressed in the purest white robes, glittering in the moonlight. He had a white beard and hair, silver eyes that looked like steel, horns and scales of the purest gold-color, and his steed, the unicorn, and while racing across the lands, they appear as a bolt of quicksilver lightning.

Edited by Brom

He galloped to the young Brom, and said, "Hail, young Brom, I come to tell you, you have a long and magical future, and will face many perils. Whenever in danger or in need of guiding, just call. I will come when you least expect it..." and then he galloped away and left a white card with a golden unicorn symbol on it, and in golden letters, "Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!".

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

((You double posted again, Strange fellow.))

"Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!" That saying was an old one, used by some of the old soldiers that came through Lakeside. He did not know its origin however.

Brom thinks to himself about the strange man in black, riding...Was that a unicorn? Strange day indeed, first that girl with the alluring eyes, second that old black shrouded man. Well, there was nothing left to do today but continue after that Deer, which was slowly heading toward the Forrest of the Fall, out of the Vale of Tirnwood.

Apallis, after just eluding thy gnomes he hast gone back to his lord. Soonafter he twas patroling for gargoyles. With him were a couple of third-boroughs. Alas they were young and green but they were confident. hereafter a strange cloaked figure came a galoping past one exclaimed" Queer events m'lord , first thy red moon an't soon after thy cloaked rider"."I say the stocks for that traveller, doth he scare thou as well as I?""Be silent young boroughs, you make enough noise to rise thee dead"." Alas look at thee figures ahead"! The three companions stopped at the sight of the two lone figures."alas who art thou?"

The mysterious cloaked man galloped across Whitestone and into Tarsengaard, and reached the Mage School. He dismounted the Unicorn, and went inside, then into the library. He started shifting through prophecies and fortunes, and then found Broms. "Aha!" He opened the scroll that contained Brom the Storyteller's Prophecy. "Where imagination falters, where cravtivity fails, one will rise from the darkness and chaos, and save man from their inner perils," read him aloud. "So, this IS the one..." he ran from the school, but then was stoped by a group of armed male goblins, 30 in all.

"Destroy him!" said their leader, an armed male orc, bearing the symbol of the Beast of Shattered Dreams. He took out a pure white staff (if you have trouble on what it looks like, think of Saruman the White's staff in LotR, except where it would be black it's silver streaked with white).

"Brisingr!" cried aloud he, and slamed his staff hard into the ground. Then, a beam of fire erupted from the staff, going straight in to the air, the widening, until the sky was allight with flames. Then, all the flames gathered, and took the form of a bird. It rose high, high into the air, and divebombed the goblins, and as soon as it made contact with the lead orc, it exploded in a twister of white fire. Where the monsters were, there was only ashes. The figure mounted the Unicorn, and galloped away into the sunset, off to find Brom...

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

OOC Post.

@sparhawk: Just a small note here. You do not need to use a formal tounge. If you want to no problems here, but everytime the word "you" is used you do not necissarily have to put "thee" in there. If you were to read what you just wrote outloud, it would make little sense. So, I ask you to read what you wrote outloud (Literally) to make sure it flows well. Just learn the useage of the words. For example: "Soonafter he twas patroling for gargoyles." It does sound neat with that old english feel to it, but to my knowledge it is incorrect. "Twas the night before christmas" is a good useage. Twas meaning "It was" however in your sentence you just changed was to twas. Good job however I do not think anyone has tried use thick old english like that in a while. :icon13:

@Dark Nightmare: Interesting. You are Shadowbane/Gandalf/Rider all in one. :rolleyes: Perhaps you should slow things down and build up a character, not make him perfect and all knowing. Flaws are important to CHARACTER. Its just a recommendation, but I find Roleplaying more fun when your character grow's while the RP occurs. You have made Shadowbane into an all-knowing and undefeatable foe. Relax

Extra note @Eragon content: I am trying to mix Brom into EL, keeping Brom and the way he is, but I recommend we do not use spells or the ancient language in EL, as it has no place. Use the spells the game already has, and use the idea that Draegoni are Dragon Riders. It should be easier from there.

Edited by Brom

We were just having fun with your topic :cry: Perhaps we should start another Thread RP Event? Anyone that would like a thread RP event let me know, I can probably through a start together, which is all we will really need.

After a while, the Unicorn slowed to a trot. Shadowbane dismounted, and put his hand on the beast's snow-white mane. "Thank you, friend." The Unicorn bowed deeply and trotted away. Just then, a wagon appeared on the road. The driver snapped the reigns and the mules that pulled it stoped.

"What do 'ye want?" asked the driver.

"Pardon, but I'm looking for a girl by the name of Aethal, or Engel." Then, a 19 year old girl perked up. "Ah, there you are. Come, come, we haven't much time." He knew the girl was confused by the white-cloaked figure, himself, but he was surprised for she lacked a sense of fear. "Come on, don't be afraid." Then, the girl walked over to him, and turned around and bowed to the driver. The driver just grunted and went off. "Hello, here you go. All will be explained soon." He handed her a ring, and when they slipped them on, then they were gone.

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

Known or unknown, eyes were watching as the man waltzed the young lady away under the crimson light of the moon. Solos was watching, as he had just happened to tread upon the land where they made their leave. Something in his heart made him jump, and the sudden rush to follow the two total strangers covered him like a blanket over a small infant in the cold winter..

He soon found he was following only the night air which brushed against he face ever so softly. His walk only ended to meet a shadowy figure in the night..

" Who might you be, startling me in this cold night?",Solos wondered...

Edited by ~*SoLoS*~

As Shadowbane in his glimering white cloak strode with Aethal behind him, was aware of someone watching him, the following him. He than suddenly teleported behind the follower. He saw the follower was confused and then he crept up to him and put a white-hot sword to the antagonist's neck. "Solos, it is foolish to stalk people in these dangerous, uncertain times," said Shadowbane with a grin.