Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the_antiroot

Role play Chan (#50)

A few folks have asked me to promote rp chan in broadcasts, which im happy to do if you can do a little also.

I wont broadcast about rp chan if thers nobody on it, no point in sending folks to an empty chan. tha'll just sai hi and leave.....

If you have say 5 folks on rp chan, give me a shout, and Ill broadcast a promotion for #50.

Yuo get a welcome comitty on chan, and Ill plug it for you ;-)

There's a Roleplaying Channel?!?!?!?!?!?! It's a dream come true!!!! and now that I am a newb helper no longer I can spend constant hours in there

RP channel is an awesome idea, maybe someone should acctually make it a moderated channel?

I mean if you broadcast it there is gonna be alot of people in there who abuse it.

Might be a better idea to choose a more private channel and only use word of mouth to let people know about it.

Or, promote specific people to mod that channel specifically.

Great idea though :) I am gonna check it out :)

JaneMuffin

RP channel is an awesome idea, maybe someone should acctually make it a moderated channel?

JaneMuffin

188003[/snapback]

yeah, it'd be good if you could define mods for set channels (like how you have global and forum mods here). the global mods would be unchanged, you'd just have some of the regulars of the channel able to sort things out. any problems with them, and you call the real mods

this'd be great for a number of channels, especially all the language ones(though in this case it may be harder for them to contact the real mods in case of problems)

yeah, it'd be good if you could define mods for set channels (like how you have global and forum mods here). the global mods would be unchanged, you'd just have some of the regulars of the channel able to sort things out.

188096[/snapback]

Forget it, this was suggested before and no mod wants to be stuck with one channel. It would drive them insane.

Forget it, this was suggested before and no mod wants to be stuck with one channel.  It would drive them insane.

188170[/snapback]

not real mods, channel mods, as something different. like all the player reps could be set as channel mod of a channel where they can do meetings, that sort of thing

these would not be real mods as we currently know them.

not real mods, channel mods, as something different. like all the player reps could be set as channel mod of a channel where they can do meetings, that sort of thing

these would not be real mods as we currently know them.

188185[/snapback]

Actually that had come up for discussion about the player reps...that there be one channel they all would share so they could hold meetings that way, and each rep would have the ability to #kick players from that channel if they got out of hand.

It's a possibility, worth suggesting to the powers that be, can't guarantee it will get approved though.

Actually that had come up for discussion about the player reps...that there be one channel they all would share so they could hold meetings that way, and each rep would have the ability to #kick players from that channel if they got out of hand. 

It's a possibility, worth suggesting to the powers that be, can't guarantee it will get approved though.

188187[/snapback]

(yes, aislinn would know most of this stuff, but i'm giving a more expanded version for other readers)

really, they'd only need two, no, three commands. a kick command, which unlike the real mod version does not have a number, it won't lock them anywhere, just keep them out for 5 min or whatever, and a ban/unban command (think denoob) for a more permenant solution. neither of these options should be that hard to be coded, as there are similar things in place already. and once you have something like this, there's no reason you can't have trusted people for certain other channels watching them (esp if there's channels that are used by storylines, mapmakers, bugtesting, etc, for discussion with the general populace. those people would generally be able to be given channel mod)

these people would have to be known to the mods, but nothing more than that. no need for a chat for them or anything; either they're active on the channel (and you can then PM them) or they aren't

this would also decrease the workload of the mods/NHs a little (in contrast to the increase because of multi-channel chat coming)

. and once you have something like this, there's no reason you can't have trusted people for certain other channels watching them (esp if there's channels that are used by storylines, mapmakers, bugtesting, etc, for discussion with the general populace. those people would generally be able to be given channel mod)

these people would have to be known to the mods, but nothing more than that. no need for a chat for them or anything; either they're active on the channel (and you can then PM them) or they aren't

this would also decrease the workload of the mods/NHs a little (in contrast to the increase because of multi-channel chat coming)

188191[/snapback]

I doubt all this would happen, most likely it would be for one specific channel or not at all.

All they need is a local mute that works ONLY on that specific channel.

That can't hurt much imo. So yes, that should be thought about.

Well Here i go,

As I am going to be producing Role Playing events as soon as i possibly can for us. I am willing to help the NH's/mods to keep the "newbs" out of these. For everyones Knowlege of these events, here are the Rules of them:

Rules of Role Play:

1. All Out Of Character chat is to be put in (( )) brackets. Eg. Talking about computers and email is OOC, on the contrast ICC(in character chat) would consist of Faeries and Magicians.

2. All modern jargon are prohibbited. Eg. Leet Speek, puns, abbreviations, and anything related to modern events is Prohibbited and will get you in trouble(if the NH/mods agree on these rules ofcourse.)

3. Alternate names Must be used as names in the Midevil times were not Woot_hi or VampiresWill(sorry, just an example).

Good names can be as follows:

Humans:

Devrah Liioness

Farel

Pendar Fayed

Maggie

ect

Elves

Arjion Windslash

Arynne Halfmoon

Luincale

Mirluin

Artemtus

ect

Dwarven Kin

Galim

Silvia

Durin Silberbart

Mugarosch Wergenaxe

ect

4. If you wish to hold a Role Playing event, i would apreciate it if you could either Send it past a Mod or Me to check for correct Role Play.

5. These Role Play events will have you running around finding items and so forth, if you do not like it, do not participate.

6. It is not Nessicary to say your name outloud, you can keep it secret if you are say role playing a theif, vagabond, or murderer. Allthough you can give out flase pretenses to spice up Role Play

7. Forced Role Play is not allowed. If the other character is a willing participant then that is fine. But saying something like "soandso Kills soandso" is strictly forbidden.

8. You can role Play dieing without dieing, in this sense if you get killed, dont "resurect" that Character without a valid reason.

9. Trading if happens during a quest, Will be roleplayed. for example:

Devrah Liioness hands over a Short sword

Eliron counts out some gold coins and hands them to Devrah

10. When a new person enters the area, you explain yourself to them in OOC, EG.

((Arynne Halfmoon is tall, has flowing blue hair and is striking for her dull complextion))

11. A private message is called a Dove or Messenger not a PM.

Guild Rules:

1. Guilds will be renamed from their Original names if they attend. Apropriate Guild names can be:

The Synode

The Knights of Kallahorn

The Town Guard

The Order of the Grey Light

ect

2. If you Role Play a Knight, act, dress, and even speak like one. Be honorfull and Chivalrous in your deeds.

These are the Rules for My events. If you wish to complain or wish to add to this list, feel free to pm me.

2. All modern jargon are prohibbited. Eg. Leet Speek, puns, abbreviations, and anything related to modern events is Prohibbited and will get you in trouble(if the NH/mods agree on these rules ofcourse.)

If you could define "will get you in trouble" for me, that would be great lol.

Geesh, I wish I could put some of these rules into the game rules :hehe:

(Aislinn is a very nice elven name *sticks nose in air and walks away...*)

If you could define "will get you in trouble" for me, that would be great lol.

Geesh, I wish I could put some of these rules into the game rules :confused:

(Aislinn is a very nice elven name *sticks nose in air and walks away...*)

189374[/snapback]

im sorry Aislinn =( yes it is a very nice Name.

The definition of in trouble would be a lmute, since we wont use channels.. That is ofcourse after warnings as every mute is..But as i said, if anyone would like to Give me a well thought out response or Suggestion to change/add/or a quest. Im totally open to all and any Doves.

Yours in Role Play,

~*Noko*~

Glad people liked it, To clear things up:

This was a Warm up, a learning curve so to say, for people to understand the type of role playing that will be going on in these Events. I notcied some chaos at first but it calmed down mostly (I love you Soldus and Aislinn ^^). I did notice some Pictures and Smily's were being used. If you want to use them, emote them as such:

Gabon smiles. - instead of- :P

The next event will be held in 2 days, so be sure to check back that day for the time.

~*Noko*~

Also, please note in the pinned section of Role Playing there is a new guide written by Lyanna. This is excellent advice for anyone who is interested in roleplaying and is just starting out.