Eternal Lands Official Forums
princessarora

access to corpus

Hi would you pls put corpus on my white list...........I am guild master of *CO* and i have corpus's password but i can't log onto her because she is not on my white list....I had a member of the guild pked by someone and then corpus pk that person but i can't get the bag from her.......Pls put her on my white list.........thank you.......princessarora

Edited by princessarora

Hi would you pls put corpus on my white list...........I am guild master of *CO* and i have corpus's password but i can't log onto her because she is not on my white list....I had a member of the guild pked by someone and then corpus pk that person but i can't get the bag from her.......Pls put her on my white list.........thank you.......princessarora

187426[/snapback]

Having a bot as powerful as Corpus on a whitelist probably isn't a very good idea. That would make her a bigger target for hackers then she is already.

O_O CO changed leadership eh? How strange.

187524[/snapback]

why is that so strange? And what does it have to do with my request that was never granted? I still don't have access to corpus and if there's a problem with granting me access, why doesn't someone look at guild list and see that i am gm for *CO*?........or ask duckman or anyone in *CO* for that matter.

why is that so strange? And what does it have to do with my request that was never granted? I still don't have access to corpus and if there's a problem with granting me access, why doesn't someone look at guild list and see that i am gm for *CO*?........or ask duckman or anyone in *CO* for that matter.

187694[/snapback]

It isn't about whether or not you are guild leader, it's about putting Corpus on a whitelist. Too many people have access to Corpus, Corpus is too powerful for people to have carte blanche access to, people who otherwise might be on banned IP's...

Guest Enyo
It isn't about whether or not you are guild leader, it's about putting Corpus on a whitelist.  Too many people have access to Corpus, Corpus is too powerful for people to have carte blanche access to, people who otherwise might be on banned IP's...

187703[/snapback]

Hi Aislinn, it's really none of my business but i'm just curious if it isn't possible to change the password to corpus and allow only the gm to access it and then if that agreement has been broken.. corpus should belong to the community of el.. what do you think? thanks.. the only reason i'm even asking is because i know that they paid 200usd for corpus and that's allot of real cash to pay to not even have access to it. thanks.. :confused:

Hi Aislinn, it's really none of my business but i'm just curious if it isn't possible to change the password to corpus and allow only the gm to access it and then if that agreement has been broken.. corpus should belong to the community of el..  what do you think?  thanks..  the only reason i'm even asking is because i know that they paid 200usd for corpus and that's allot of real cash to pay to not even have access to it.  thanks..  :confused:

187710[/snapback]

That wont help with my concerns. If Corpus were placed on a whitelist, that means that any hacker tht has been banned now can get access if they can hack the password. When a name gets whitelisted, that makes it ignore all IP bans, including the millions from SWBell, Turkey, Poland, and Protolif!

Hi Aislinn, it's really none of my business but i'm just curious if it isn't possible to change the password to corpus and allow only the gm to access it and then if that agreement has been broken.. corpus should belong to the community of el..  what do you think?  thanks..  the only reason i'm even asking is because i know that they paid 200usd for corpus and that's allot of real cash to pay to not even have access to it.  thanks..  :confused:

187710[/snapback]

They DO have access to corpus, princessarora cannot run corpus because she is on a banned IP range. (afaik)

Guest Enyo
They DO have access to corpus, princessarora cannot run corpus because she is on a banned IP range. (afaik)

187712[/snapback]

thanks learner and soldus.. i whitelist stupid and don't really understand it all but now i understand what learner is talking about.. thanks again. :confused:

It isn't about whether or not you are guild leader, it's about putting Corpus on a whitelist.  Too many people have access to Corpus, Corpus is too powerful for people to have carte blanche access to, people who otherwise might be on banned IP's...

187703[/snapback]

No body has access to corpus but duckman and crusadingknight. I am guild master of *CO*, if i can't put her on my white list, how am i supposed to access her then? I had a member last week pked by someone in another guild in the co cave....after that corpus pked that person but she would not pick up the bag cause she was overloaded and i couldn't log onto her to empty her out. Please, I need access to corpus!.......thank you.

187710[/snapback]

If corpus was paid by members of *CO* then no, i don't think it's right that the general puplic should have access to her. Why should they? They didn't pay real money for her. That wouldn't be right. The only people who should have access to corpus's bag or storage are the people who paid for her.........which i have every intention of respecting. They paid for her so it's only right that they should have her contents of what she's carrying or what's in her storage. I don't want access to corpus for what she carry's. I want access to her incase one of my members gets in trouble and i can help them out. What ever corpus pks, she keeps unless it was a fellow *CO* member who was pked.

If corpus was paid by members of *CO* then no, i don't think it's right that the general puplic should have access to her. Why should they? They didn't pay real money for her.  That wouldn't be right.  The only people who should have access to corpus's bag or storage are the people who paid for her.........which i have every intention of respecting. They paid for her so it's only right that they should have her contents of what she's carrying or what's in her storage.  I don't want access to corpus for what she carry's. I want access to her incase one of my members gets in trouble and i can help them out.  What ever corpus pks, she keeps unless it was a fellow *CO* member who was pked.

187748[/snapback]

Well said ^_^

You're missing the point.

If Corpus is whitelisted, then anybody who knows how to hack in order to steal passwords will be able to have access, even if that person's IP address was banned. Being whitelisted means that any IP banning won't apply. It is unfortunate that you as CO guild leader need your IP whitelisted but right now you have other members who can access Corpus without him needing to be whitelisted. The issue isn't you as guild leader, as we have already said, it's with the whitelisting part.

And also, $200 or no $200, anybody on Corpus needs to follow ALL bot rules.

I agree, it would be too dangerous putting Corpus on the whitelist. Better just have your guildmates access it and trade to you whatever neccesary.

I agree, it would be too dangerous putting Corpus on the whitelist. Better just have your guildmates access it and trade to you whatever neccesary.

188033[/snapback]

If other members of *CO* have corpus's password, then there is no way of stopping people from logging onto her and taking her inventory. For example, let's say i gave corpus's password to a member of my guild, what's to stop that member from giving it to another member and so on? It's a domino effect. What's more is, what's to stop that person from giving the password to other players in the game if for some reason he/she left *CO*? It would mean i would be changing her password every single time i gave it to someone, which is rediculous. In the mean time, the problem i have still stands.......Personally, i think this whole ban on my ip address is a raw deal....I have played this game for almost 2 yrs now and never once have i been banned or have i done anything in any manner to hurt the game or the players in the game.......Why should my ip address be banned? Basically i and i'm sure others with the same ip address who have never done anything wrong have been banned because of other people's doing....That's not fair. Plus you said that players who are on the white list have more chance of being hacked.........OMG, so anyone with my ip address including me would stand a better chance of being hacked then the players who don't have a banned ip address? Why is that please? what's the difference? I'm not sure if i understand correctly......If not please clear this up for me...........Thank you :medieval:

If other members of *CO* have corpus's password, then there is no way of stopping people from logging onto her and taking her inventory. For example, let's say i gave corpus's password to a member of my guild, what's to stop that member from giving it to another member and so on? It's a domino effect. What's more is, what's to stop that person from giving the password to other players in the game if for some reason he/she left *CO*? It would mean i would be changing her password every single time i gave it to someone, which is rediculous.  In the mean time, the problem i have still stands.......Personally, i think this whole ban on my ip address is a raw deal....I have played this game for almost 2 yrs now and never once have i been banned or have i done anything in any manner to hurt the game or the players in the game.......Why should my ip address be banned? Basically i and i'm sure others with the same ip address who have never done anything wrong have been banned because of other people's doing....That's not fair.  Plus you said that players who are on the white list have more chance of being hacked.........OMG, so anyone with my ip address including me would stand a better chance of being hacked then the players who don't have a banned ip address?  Why is that please? what's the difference? I'm not sure if i understand correctly......If not please clear this up for me...........Thank you :)

188319[/snapback]

I'm guessing the ban was cause by someone else, and it might be a range ban even. Checking your IP, it looks like its part of the million IP's banned because of multiple problems and the same people logging in from a huge range of IP's. The ISP did respond to Entropy either, so he banned the entire ISP.

Food for thought....

Just imagine somone like mr protolif gaining access to corpus through his nefarious means. Ok, so hes closed down, however that dont mean (heaven forbid) that the game is immune from future exploits.

You can only ever prove the presence of bugs, never their absence.

Now since theres no way of limiting corpus to the co-cave, imagine the destruction somone could wreak on the community if he was whitelisted, and his p/w "stolen".

If it was limited to the co cave, then I would agree it would be a risk that co could decide on, however since that is not an option, I have to agree, that its just too dangerous.

Sorry, but it just comes down to the safty of the community first.