Eternal Lands Official Forums
Zep

Cal3D

well it worked but it sounds like one hell of a mess.

is there not a better way to insert your decls.h file then adding it to every file in cal3d?

some things i noticed when I used Cal3D version:

strange floating/sliding when turning in place:

http://eris.afterdarknet.at/movies/2.avi (2.95MB, divx)

fight speed is sometimes really really high:

http://eris.afterdarknet.at/movies/3.avi (5.33MB, divx)

and my personal favourite - sitting down and standing up ;)

http://eris.afterdarknet.at/movies/4.avi (1.26MB, divx)

Well and some of the animal animations don't really work by now. For example the Wolf keeps standing there after dieing and the deer is really really weird - I saw one of them "teleporting" instead of walking.

edit: meep and somehow the female elfs have less good looking face :)

Edited by kl4Uz

Well, i done everything mikeman said/wrote, but it just don't want to work under that dev-cpp... :/

Is there anyone who can just send me right working cal3d.dll libcal3d.a cal3d_wrapper_elc.o cal3d_wrapper_elc.dll cal3d_wrapper_elc.a files via email or just put to download em ? :/

couldnt run it for whole day

Heh, apparently nobody remembers my post about SCons. :) Anyway, cal3d-0.10.0 ships with a SConstruct file - so, with Dev-Cpp 5 Beta and SCons installed, I just ran "scons.bat" (config and execution script on windows), which constructed all the objects (after fixing a slight bug in their script which just created a default environment, instead of importing the path - took under a minute), then created two quick scripts to alter the LIBDIR so I could compile the two DLL's (cal3d.dll and cal3d_wrapper.dll) using the libs from Dev-C++ 4. Total modifications to the code were none. :mean: (No decls.h or whatnot, no header modifications, etc.)

Edited by crusadingknight

i have some linker problem

someone can help me?

Compiler: Default compiler

Building Makefile: "C:\Dev-Cpp\Examples\elc-test\Makefile.win"

Executing make...

make.exe -f "C:\Dev-Cpp\Examples\elc-test\Makefile.win" all

windres.exe -i Project2_private.rc --input-format=rc -o Project2_private.res -O coff

gcc.exe 2d_objects.o 3d_objects.o actor_scripts.o actors.o asc.o books.o buddy.o cache.o chat.o colors.o console.o consolewin.o cursors.o dialogues.o draw_scene.o elconfig.o elwindows.o encyclopedia.o errors.o events.o filter.o font.o frustum.o gamewin.o gl_init.o help.o hud.o ignore.o init.o interface.o items.o keys.o knowledge.o lights.o loginwin.o manufacture.o map_io.o mapwin.o md2loader.o md5.o misc.o multiplayer.o new_actors.o new_character.o notepad.o openingwin.o particles.o paste.o pathfinder.o pm_log.o questlog.o reflection.o rules.o sector.o shadows.o sound.o spells.o stats.o storage.o tabs.o text.o textures.o tile_map.o timers.o trade.o translate.o weather.o widgets.o main.o bags.o alphamap.o highlight.o cal.o Project2_private.res -o "Project2.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows -mwindows -lSDL -lopengl32 -lglu32 -lglut32 -llibxml2 -lSDL_net -lALut -lOpenAL32 -lvorbisfile -liberty C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/iconv.lib

Warning: .drectve `/DEFAULTLIB:"uuid.lib" /DEFAULTLIB:"uuid.lib" ' unrecognized

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x41):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_GetMixer'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0xa0):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalMixer_ClearCycle'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0xdc):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalMixer_RemoveAction'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x217):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalMixer_ClearCycle'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x264):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalMixer_BlendCycle'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x2ad):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_Update'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x871):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_Update'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x1d99):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_Delete'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x1f18):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_Delete'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x33aa):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_LoadCoreAnimation'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x33c5):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_GetCoreAnimation'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x33e6):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreAnimation_Scale'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x33f1):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreAnimation_GetDuration'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x42c3):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_LoadCoreMesh'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x42e4):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_GetCoreMesh'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x431d):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreMesh_Scale'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x43bf):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_LoadCoreMesh'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x43e0):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_GetCoreMesh'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x4419):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreMesh_Scale'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x4a93):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_New'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x4ab6):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_LoadCoreSkeleton'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x4dcb):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_GetCoreSkeleton'

actor_scripts.o(.text+0x4de6):actor_scripts.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreSkeleton_Scale'

actors.o(.text+0x1649):actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_GetSkeleton'

actors.o(.text+0x167d):actors.c: undefined reference to `CalSkeleton_GetBonePoints'

actors.o(.text+0x2358):actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_New'

actors.o(.text+0x23a7):actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

actors.o(.text+0x2418):actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_Update'

actors.o(.text+0x2438):actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_Update'

books.o(.text+0xe80):books.c: undefined reference to `_imp__xmlFree'

buddy.o(.text+0x219):buddy.c: undefined reference to `queue_isempty'

buddy.o(.text+0x3b4):buddy.c: undefined reference to `queue_isempty'

buddy.o(.text+0x3ed):buddy.c: undefined reference to `queue_isempty'

buddy.o(.text+0x3fe):buddy.c: undefined reference to `queue_pop'

buddy.o(.text+0x63f):buddy.c: undefined reference to `queue_initialise'

buddy.o(.text+0x2090):buddy.c: undefined reference to `queue_push'

console.o(.text+0x163f):console.c: undefined reference to `queue_delete_node'

elconfig.o(.text+0xad8):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_destroy'

elconfig.o(.text+0xaff):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_isempty'

elconfig.o(.text+0xb18):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_pop'

elconfig.o(.text+0xb2f):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_destroy'

elconfig.o(.text+0xc00):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_initialise'

elconfig.o(.text+0xc34):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_push'

elconfig.o(.text+0xc58):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_initialise'

elconfig.o(.text+0xca1):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_push'

elconfig.o(.text+0xce4):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_push'

elconfig.o(.text+0xd28):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_initialise'

elconfig.o(.text+0xd71):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_push'

elconfig.o(.text+0xdb4):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_push'

elconfig.o(.text+0xdf7):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_push'

elconfig.o(.text+0x2e5d):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_pop'

elconfig.o(.text+0x2e75):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_pop'

elconfig.o(.text+0x3006):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_destroy'

elconfig.o(.text+0x3031):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_pop'

elconfig.o(.text+0x3049):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_pop'

elconfig.o(.text+0x3061):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_pop'

elconfig.o(.text+0x31fd):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_destroy'

elconfig.o(.text+0x3623):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_isempty'

elconfig.o(.text+0x3640):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_pop'

elconfig.o(.text+0x3712):elconfig.c: undefined reference to `queue_destroy'

new_actors.o(.text+0x2e5):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_GetSkeleton'

new_actors.o(.text+0x303):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalSkeleton_GetBonePoints'

new_actors.o(.text+0x728):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_DetachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x78a):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_DetachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x7ec):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_DetachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x837):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_DetachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x993):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0xad5):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0xc18):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0xd47):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x194b):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_New'

new_actors.o(.text+0x199e):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x19d6):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x1a12):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x1a54):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x1a96):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x1ad4):new_actors.c: more undefined references to `CalModel_AttachMesh' follow

new_actors.o(.text+0x1c4f):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_Update'

new_actors.o(.text+0x1c6f):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_Update'

new_actors.o(.text+0x1f7d):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_New'

new_actors.o(.text+0x1fc1):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x1ff1):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x2025):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_AttachMesh'

new_actors.o(.text+0x20a5):new_actors.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_Update'

tabs.o(.text+0x378):tabs.c: undefined reference to `skills_win'

tabs.o(.text+0x37d):tabs.c: undefined reference to `fill_skills_win'

main.o(.text+0xf):main.c: undefined reference to `queue_destroy'

cal.o(.text+0x43):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_GetMixer'

cal.o(.text+0xa2):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalMixer_ClearCycle'

cal.o(.text+0xde):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalMixer_RemoveAction'

cal.o(.text+0x14c):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalMixer_ClearCycle'

cal.o(.text+0x17d):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalMixer_BlendCycle'

cal.o(.text+0x1a3):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalMixer_ExecuteAction_Stop'

cal.o(.text+0x1f2):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_Update'

cal.o(.text+0x301):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_LoadCoreAnimation'

cal.o(.text+0x322):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_GetCoreAnimation'

cal.o(.text+0x34c):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreAnimation_Scale'

cal.o(.text+0x35a):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreAnimation_GetDuration'

cal.o(.text+0x3dd):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_GetSkeleton'

cal.o(.text+0x3fb):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalSkeleton_GetBoneLines'

cal.o(.text+0x560):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalSkeleton_GetBonePoints'

cal.o(.text+0x682):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalRenderer_SelectMeshSubmesh'

cal.o(.text+0x69c):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalRenderer_GetVertices'

cal.o(.text+0x6b1):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalRenderer_GetNormals'

cal.o(.text+0x6cb):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalRenderer_GetTextureCoordinates'

cal.o(.text+0x6e0):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalRenderer_GetFaces'

cal.o(.text+0x7c1):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_GetSkeleton'

cal.o(.text+0x7da):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_GetRenderer'

cal.o(.text+0x7e8):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalRenderer_BeginRendering'

cal.o(.text+0x828):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalRenderer_GetMeshCount'

cal.o(.text+0x850):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalRenderer_GetSubmeshCount'

cal.o(.text+0x891):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalModel_GetAttachedMesh'

cal.o(.text+0x8a5):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalMesh_GetCoreMesh'

cal.o(.text+0x918):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_GetCoreMesh'

cal.o(.text+0x963):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalCoreModel_GetCoreMesh'

cal.o(.text+0x9e4):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalSkeleton_GetBonePoints'

cal.o(.text+0xf4f):cal.c: undefined reference to `CalRenderer_EndRendering'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make.exe: *** [Project2.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

i use the -cal3d option but same error

183426[/snapback]

-cal3d does nothing. -lcal3d includes the libs. You'll also need -lcal3dwrapper or -lcal3dextras, depending what you named tha additional library.

As people are still having issues, ill explain how i did it on win32.

First i compiled cal3d by importing the Visual C, dsp file into dev-c++.

I added all the new .c and .h files to the project.

I set cal3d_wrapper.cpp to compile as a c++ in the file in the project/files options.

I copyed over all the compile options (under peramiters) from c to c++.

I went back to EL, And in the linker section of the project, I added the libcal3d.a

And added the libstdc++.a from dev-c++.

Then i compiled, And it worked =)

Edited by Zep

okay, I am teh complete n00bz0r!

Let's start from scratch.

I'm using MS VC++ 6 on WinXP SP2.....

I've got the fresh cvs checkout.....

opened the .dsw file....

now what?

(and there's doubles of some files, kinda weird..)

================================

when I try compiling it gives me these errors:

cal3d_wrapper.cpp
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(6) : error C2491: 'CalModel_GetAttachedMesh' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(11) : error C2491: 'CalCoreSkeleton_Scale' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(17) : error C2491: 'CalMixer_ExecuteAction_Stop' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(22) : error C2491: 'CalMixer_RemoveAction' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(27) : error C2491: 'CalCoreAnimation_Scale' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(32) : error C2491: 'CalCoreMesh_Scale' : definition of dllimport function not allowed

elconfig.c
C:\DEV-CPP\INCLUDE\unistd.h(24) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow '__CRT_INLINE'
C:\DEV-CPP\INCLUDE\unistd.h(25) : error C2082: redefinition of formal parameter 'ftruncate'
C:\DEV-CPP\INCLUDE\unistd.h(25) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{' 

sort.c
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\sort.c(4) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'inline'
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\sort.c(4) : error C2085: 'min' : not in formal parameter list
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\sort.c(4) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{' 

what am I suppose to be compiling with?? I know the 'NEW_CLIENT' & 'MULTI_CHANNEL' but do I need anything else?

I've got the 3 dll's and the .lib files of thoes cal3d stuff ready....

And am I suppose to be compiling with 'debug' or 'release' ?

And I'm really sorry if these kind of posts are annoying, but I've been trying to compile all day....

Thanks!

- SisteMa`

Edited by sisteMa`

and for the MSVC users, here's what I did(this was a clean-cvs rebuild for error-checking purposes... you can probably skip some of it):

a clean cal3d-10.0 lib was already built, both release and debug versions(no hassles, it has an MSVC project file ready to go)

loaded elc.dsw and said yes to recreate data files

removed all files from project

added all files to project (to clear any file-specific options set, which there are, and they were a pain)

set to compile as default rather than C++

updated preprocesser def line for a 102 build (definantly optional 8^P )

for file-specific on cal3d_wrapper.cpp: added CAL3D_WRAPPER_EXPORTS to preprocessor line (right-click the file and go into its options)

in elconfig.c:12 commented out: #include <unistd.h> (not needed in MSVC)

in sort.c:4 commented out the 'inline' keyword, as it conflicts with another inline min in MSVC's libs

added glu.lib to linker info

compiled, ran, watched it crash. bleh. I fixed the problem in my 'dirty' tree, but I dunno which of the many changes it was. should be able to figure that out tomorrow, unless it's fixed

(and there's doubles of some files, kinda weird..)

yeah, that shouldn't be a problem... the files not in the list at all will be though
when I try compiling it gives me these errors:

cal3d_wrapper.cpp
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(6) : error C2491: 'CalModel_GetAttachedMesh' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(11) : error C2491: 'CalCoreSkeleton_Scale' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(17) : error C2491: 'CalMixer_ExecuteAction_Stop' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(22) : error C2491: 'CalMixer_RemoveAction' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(27) : error C2491: 'CalCoreAnimation_Scale' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(32) : error C2491: 'CalCoreMesh_Scale' : definition of dllimport function not allowed

it's a preprocessor issue. once you fix that, you'll have similar errors about linking mismatch. I still get those errors. unless they're the occasional crashes I get, it's mostly harmless
elconfig.c
C:\DEV-CPP\INCLUDE\unistd.h(24) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow '__CRT_INLINE'
C:\DEV-CPP\INCLUDE\unistd.h(25) : error C2082: redefinition of formal parameter 'ftruncate'
C:\DEV-CPP\INCLUDE\unistd.h(25) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{' 

weeble. please don't use dev-cpp libs with msvc. unistd.h should not be used
sort.c
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\sort.c(4) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'inline'
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\sort.c(4) : error C2085: 'min' : not in formal parameter list
C:\cygwin\EL\elc\sort.c(4) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{' 

comment out or delete the 'inline' keyword
what am I suppose to be compiling with?? I know the 'NEW_CLIENT' & 'MULTI_CHANNEL' but do I need anything else?

I've got the 3 dll's and the .lib files of thoes cal3d stuff ready....

And am I suppose to be compiling with 'debug' or 'release' ?

And I'm really sorry if these kind of posts are annoying, but I've been trying to compile all day....

Thanks!

- SisteMa`

192839[/snapback]

debug will be a bit bigger and slower, but theoretically you can get more info from it when it crashes. release is faster but without the debug info

MSVC isn't really supported at all here, though the devs don't at all mind if someone submits patches to keep elc MSVC-portable :)

and these forums are here to help people :wub:

Edited by ttlanhil

Okay, I've got past that....

now I'm getting problems while linking:

trade.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _get_items_texture
bags.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _get_items_texture
hud.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _get_items_texture
manufacture.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _get_items_texture
storage.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _get_items_texture

And I guess I'm doing something wrong with the .lib's.....

"shell32.lib libxml2.lib vorbisfile.lib user32.lib SDL_net.lib kernel32.lib opengl32.lib SDL.lib ALut.lib OpenAL32.lib iconv.lib Cal3d.lib glu32.lib cal3d_extra.lib"

I think I'm missing another cal3d library....

and the glu.lib didn't work out.... :S

and for the MSVC users, here's what I did(this was a clean-cvs rebuild for error-checking purposes... you can probably skip some of it):

compiled, ran, watched it crash. bleh. I fixed the problem in my 'dirty' tree, but I dunno which of the many changes it was. should be able to figure that out tomorrow, unless it's fixed

192842[/snapback]

just came back to this, found the problem and how I fixed it

in books.c:439 or so, "free(title);" causes a problem if MEMORY_DEBUG is not set.

so I #ifdef-ed it out (which is very likely the wrong solution, but it works for now)

it now runs

and sistema, did you remove all files and add all files to the project again? that sort of problem can come from when you have files not included in the build

W00000teh!!! I got mine to compile! =D

Thank you all soooo much!

and I'd like to specially thank ttlanhil, thnx man!

and also Ryldnozz's posts helped out a LOT! you gave me the solution to my final problem!

wewt!

- SisteMa`

Hi have this warnings:

cal3d_wrapper.cpp
..\cal3d/cal3d_wrapper.h(139) : warning C4099: 'CalAnimation' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
       ..\cal3d/animation.h(22) : see declaration of 'CalAnimation'
..\cal3d/cal3d_wrapper.h(140) : warning C4099: 'CalCoreAnimation' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
       ..\cal3d/coreanimation.h(22) : see declaration of 'CalCoreAnimation'
..\cal3d/cal3d_wrapper.h(140) : warning C4099: 'CalAnimation' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
       ..\cal3d/animation.h(22) : see declaration of 'CalAnimation'

and do on...

and:

Creating library ..\..\bin\Release/cal3d.lib and object ..\..\bin\Release/cal3d.exp
D:\cal3d\cal3d-0.10.0\src\cal3d\cal3d_wrapper.cpp(12): Could not find the file config.h.
D:\cal3d\cal3d-0.10.0\src\cal3d\datasource.h(19): Could not find the file config.h.
D:\cal3d\cal3d-0.10.0\src\cal3d\global.h(20): Could not find the file config.h.

I'm using msvc. Any help?

Thanks

err... cal3d full package comes with MSVC project file... just open that, chose release or debug, disable all other projects in the solution (only need the main one) and compile

Ok... i've made that. The result was a cal3d.dll with 416Kb (is not to small!?).

Then when i compile the elc thw result was this:

cal.c
D:\elc\cal.c(20) : warning C4305: 'function' : truncation from 'const double ' to 'float '
D:\elc\cal.c(30) : warning C4305: 'function' : truncation from 'const double ' to 'float '
D:\elc\cal.c(35) : warning C4305: 'function' : truncation from 'const double ' to 'float '
D:\elc\cal.c(42) : warning C4305: 'function' : truncation from 'const double ' to 'float '
D:\elc\cal.c(231) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double ' to 'float ', possible loss of data
chat.c
D:\elc\chat.c(481) : warning C4018: '==' : signed/unsigned mismatch
D:\elc\chat.c(681) : warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'float ' to 'int ', possible loss of data
D:\elc\chat.c(903) : warning C4305: 'function' : truncation from 'const double ' to 'float '
D:\elc\chat.c(1039) : warning C4018: '==' : signed/unsigned mismatch
consolewin.c
D:\elc\chat.c(299) : warning C4761: integral size mismatch in argument; conversion supplied
D:\elc\chat.c(299) : warning C4761: integral size mismatch in argument; conversion supplied
D:\elc\chat.c(432) : warning C4761: integral size mismatch in argument; conversion supplied
D:\elc\chat.c(701) : warning C4761: integral size mismatch in argument; conversion supplied
ETC...

And

Linking...
options.obj : error LNK2005: _sit_lock already defined in elconfig.obj
options.obj : error LNK2005: _you_sit already defined in elconfig.obj
options.obj : error LNK2005: _show_fps already defined in elconfig.obj
actor_scripts.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CalMixer_RemoveAction
cal.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CalMixer_RemoveAction
actor_scripts.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CalCoreAnimation_Scale
cal.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CalCoreAnimation_Scale
actor_scripts.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CalCoreMesh_Scale
ETC...

I dont know what i'm doing wrong. I've tryed a lot of thing with no sucess at all.

Thanks for the suport.

Ok... i've made that. The result was a cal3d.dll with 416Kb (is not to small!?).

Then when i compile the elc thw result was this:

Linking...
options.obj : error LNK2005: _sit_lock already defined in elconfig.obj
options.obj : error LNK2005: _you_sit already defined in elconfig.obj
options.obj : error LNK2005: _show_fps already defined in elconfig.obj
actor_scripts.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CalMixer_RemoveAction
cal.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CalMixer_RemoveAction
actor_scripts.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CalCoreAnimation_Scale
cal.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CalCoreAnimation_Scale
actor_scripts.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CalCoreMesh_Scale
ETC...

I dont know what i'm doing wrong. I've tryed a lot of thing with no sucess at all.

Thanks for the suport.

196733[/snapback]

416 sounds reasonable. linking errors sounds like you're not make-clean with all files included

try going through what I said above (quoted here)... also change the free() in books.c to xmlFree() (it's in a higher post)

if you follow all of that and still can't compile, then there's something more perculiar happening

a clean cal3d-10.0 lib was already built, both release and debug versions(no hassles, it has an MSVC project file ready to go)

loaded elc.dsw and said yes to recreate data files

removed all files from project

added all files to project (to clear any file-specific options set, which there are, and they were a pain)

set to compile as default rather than C++

updated preprocesser def line for a 102 build

for file-specific on cal3d_wrapper.cpp: added CAL3D_WRAPPER_EXPORTS to preprocessor line (right-click the file and go into its options)

in elconfig.c:12 commented out: #include <unistd.h> (not needed in MSVC)

in sort.c:4 commented out the 'inline' keyword, as it conflicts with another inline min in MSVC's libs

192842[/snapback]

So, as of today, what modifications need to be done to cal3d to get it working with EL?  I am trying to compile EL on a G5 mac, but I get stuck at cal3d_wrappers.o.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...40entry197191

197483[/snapback]

absolutely none. cal3d should be built as a clean version 0.10.0. cal3d_wrapper.cpp shoud be compiled as part of EL, not cal3d. (this should be done automatically on anything other than MSVC... for that, see my post above for full details on how to build)