Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mitsirugi

Book prices

Yeah, it's me again; back and complaining some more. :huh:

I've been waiting, hoping the book prices would go down, but they haven't. They're still at ridiculous prices; or at least for the books that would be of intrest to a manufacturer.

The new prices make it excessively hard to advance your character. While I understand that you may want it to be more difficult, the prices on the book make it nigh impossible to do it. No one has that much money on them when they're working on their character.

Also, the prices will easily turn off anyone new from playing. I don't know about anyone here, but most would be turned off from seeing the book they need most costing more than they every would hope to on the slave market.

And finally, whether it was your intent to or not (and if it was, well... shame on you.) the high prices will, and may already have, create an elite upper-class of players. Only the best of the best will have the skills to be whatever, and that's simply because they got their books before the price hike.

My point is, while you may be trying to make leveling more of a challenge, or balance the economy, raise Satan, whatever it may be, the book prices are ridiculously high, and I don't think I'm the only one that thinks so.

Anyone else? :blink:

With the Holy Apple in PL, and other places like that (including IP), you find it hard to make enough money to buy books? It takes take yes, but it isn't hard!

make fire essences and sell them to the magic shop.......stop being so damn lazy!

So you might have to work for a couple hours till you can afford a book boo f*&$ing hoo.

STOP acting like it is some impossible task to make the money!

I'm in favour of people not being able to afford books

sounds odd? not really

if you actually have to pick which ones are relevant to what you plan to do really soon, then you won't have so many people who've read all the books just for something to read. and that's crazy.

EL needs more money sinks, afterall

I've already posted my opinion on this billions of times, but I'm going to add it again anyways. =3

Yes, it's a bit harder to get a book now. So what? Don't you think that it should be difficult to get them? Or do you think every person who wants to become a manufacturer on a whim, or an alchemist on a whim, should have as equal of a chance as people that have thought about if for a while and know that alchemy or manufacturing is their chosen skill and will work hard and do whatever it takes to get there?

This way, you have to actually put some effort in there! ^_^ Work with friends to get books, help each other out, join under someone's mentorship.

Also, I think it's a lot more realistic to have a class in EL that are a bit better. I mean... that's how it is in the real world, right? It's not always fair, but it happens and it's just how things are. I like the touch of realism. =D

Well.... I can follow peoples frustration with the book prices sky-rocketing, even though I for one had bought all the books I wanted to buy before the update, and even though it's relatively easy to get the money for the books, not thinking about the time people would have to use on it though, the problem I could see in it is, that with prices being so high for books, more people will feel encouraged to become warriors instead, thus creating a much larger portion of fighting characters as opposed to the amount of manufacturers, crafters, potion makers and so on.

I'm not saying that this is necessarily a bad thing, I'm just saying that it's really unbalancing for the game in the long run, as it will still take some really dedicated new players to keep up the amount of manufacturers and so on.

Also I am not really sure of the price differences between a warrior (buying armor/weapons(both better ones and as replacements for broken ones), potions and maybe essences for healing, shield, harm and so on) as opposed to the up-and-comming manufacturer (books, tools and such), but maybe this would also be a good thing to keep in mind when pricing the books.

Not knowing how much the prices have changed, I don't know if this would be a relevant suggestion, but maybe some of the basic books ought to back to the old prices, simply to ensure that people can afford them, and want to buy them, while keeping the more specialized books at the price they are on now, or even add some 2-4K to their prices maybe.

I would also like to add that, from what I have seen, some of the monster drop books have now been made available for buying through NPC's which, in my opinion, is a really good thing...

Edited by salun

The books now seem to have a progression in price to match the skill. Once you can use a certain book you should be able to afford it. I like the idea and think it will work. Lets be honest here, how many players read every book, not because they had to or even wanted too, but rather because they simply could. The majority of books were inexpensive and easy to get. Now one must plan and save a bit of money....

I do not think it will turn new players off either. Just give them another goal. The same as a fighter saving for their first serp or plate.

I don't think it should be 2 easy 2 get things, if some1 wants something they should have 2 work 4 it, if i need something i make and sell things so i get the gc i need 4 whatever it is i want/need.