Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BriGuy!04

Cd

How do u put EL on a cd rom. can you?

I have tried downloading the game then I sent all the files to a disk drive D. Then i burned the files on the disk. Then i deleting all the files on the computer for eternal lands. Then i put the disk with the files on it opened it. The first page when you first click on eternal lands came up but it was completly white. Then a message from the computer says "Delveloped using the Dev-C++ IDE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveinience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were looking for might be lost." then it says "Please tell microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous."then theres a thing thatsays send error report. i clicked send error report but they dont do anything. What do i do?

You can't run EL from a CD (yet), since it tries to create chat and server logs in the directory from which you run. Well, perhaps it'd work on a Unix system.

making an install CD would work, but making it run from one wouldn't, unless you could tell it either to write the logs elsewhere, not write the logs at all, or use a CD-RW (maybe would work).

If you used a CD-R, you'd have to make a new CD each time a major update is released, tho.

You can't run EL from a CD (yet), since it tries to create chat and server logs in the directory from which you run. Well, perhaps it'd work on a Unix system.

It should. I have had /usr/local/games/eternal-lands readonly ever since ~/.elc got implemented.

WinNT based systems have some kind of home directory as well (location is version dependant but can be queried using either Win32 or WinNT API), don't know if ELC currently uses them, but if not we should think about implementing it shouldn't we. Might even work on Win9x/ME in case the Win32 API is sufficient, but of course the files would be shared by all users then.

With regards

Lachesis

making an install CD would work, but making it run from one wouldn't, unless you could tell it either to write the logs elsewhere, not write the logs at all, or use a CD-RW (maybe would work).

I think ordinary CD-RWs are still read only and require CD-burning software to write to, but you can format one into a Direct CD, which makes it both readable and writable to all programs like a floppy disk.

Edited by chintan

I think ordinary CD-RWs are still read only and require CD-burning software to write to, but you can format one into a Direct CD, which makes it both readable and writable to all programs like a floppy disk.

153822[/snapback]

This feature has been up for a while now, but I think there're still a lot of drives around that cannot read and/or write such CD, aren't there? But anyway, making the disk writeable was probably not what BriGuy intended with putting the Game on a CD.

With regards

Lachesis

Sure u can run it on cd, u just need to do some changes in some files. Just ask developers(mihaim, wytter,roja and entropy). They can help u.

Edited by Reza*o*

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this