Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rasberrybeard

Question about legalities.

If someone were to offer to sell me their character, would it be legal for me to buy it from them, or is that some sorta violation of the rules? Also if I were to buy it how could I change the password (sorry I know im still a bit newbish at things like this).

thank you that is all i needed to know. And just so people are clear, I was Only WONDERING I honestly have no intention of doing this... just wanted to make that clear.

Felt as if you Had to type this 3 times? (posts)... very annoying and rather stupid. ;)

Not his fault, at least not solely, there is some bug and it happens if people get an error and keep posting, thinking it didn't go thru.

We're trying to get that straightened out.

Normally, someone will only ask a "I'm just wondering!" question if they are indeed thinking of doing that. :)

Well someone offered to sell me their chara, but I wasn't sure whether it was even following the game rules to do so. So technically I considered it, but it is obviously so shunned, I would never actually do it.

Work for your levels sheeesh  :)

152217[/snapback]

I agree with you 100% Soldus but once upon a time in EL History, you could buy experience with real money, (Which I also agree with). So what is the difference? There are still some of the old players that are on EL which in the past have bought their experience. Which have helped them move on faster which is why they are probably where they are today

I agree with you 100% Soldus but once upon a time in EL History, you could buy experience with real money, (Which I also agree with).  So what is the difference?  There are still some of the old players that are on EL which in the past have bought their experience.  Which have helped them move on faster which is why they are probably where they are today

153372[/snapback]

I know of only one case, and in that case it was a close friend of mine who told me all the whys and hows and who gave the XP back and did NOT use it, furthermore he isn't playing anymore.

BUT: he did it only because he had way higher levels before the crash and felt somewhat betrayed for losing the levels he had worked for very hard first.

I know of only one case, and in that case it was a close friend of mine who told me all the whys and hows and who gave the XP back and did NOT use it, furthermore he isn't playing anymore.

BUT: he did it only because he had way higher levels before the crash and felt somewhat betrayed for losing the levels he had worked for very hard first.

153374[/snapback]

I remember this. There was a large uproar on the forums too....ahh, the memories :)