Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Fantasy Rock/Metal

Oh, believe me, pillaging and plundering gets boring after a while, and then all you've left is your bike.

Hrm..guess it's off to all my AC/DC drinking songs then to stop thinking about all that stuff.:(

Btw..to jump back onto the topic...got a few more that aren't listed on here that I really like...

Domine's got some pretty good stuff.....Fates Warning, of course....getting older, Uriah Heep's got fantasy elements....Blue Oyster Cult, and Hawkwind as well. Got plenty more, but It's late, dinner's calling, and I gotta get some sleep before I hit work tomorrow...

I wonder what people like about Manowar. I mean all their songs are the same: Manowar, Manowar, bla bla, blow speakers, bla bla, metal, metal, heavy, bikes, death, destruction and more Manowar.

You forgot "warriors".

This thread is exactly what is wrong with public radio. It plays stuffs that 80% of the population wants to hear 100% of the time.

There is so much stuff that leave out. Obviously since I hadn't even heard of fantasy metal, whole genres have been left out. *sigh*

This thread is exactly what is wrong with public radio. It plays stuffs that 80% of the population wants to hear 100% of the time.

There is so much stuff that leave out. Obviously since I hadn't even heard of fantasy metal, whole genres have been left out. *sigh*

I wouldn't put much attention to this genre naming thing... It's bands that matter. Many people here haven't heard of brutal melodic Norwegian aryan viking blasphemous pagan dark technical black metal, yet there are people who would swore that such a genre exists.

Well, I think you know what I meant Mireille. Even if I didn't state it in the most accurate way.

;) When people talk about underground music, I think this is as much a part of that as anything.  No full time radio station plays it, so it's not really mainstream...  Just names of bands traded like virtual baseball cards in forums and chatrooms.  Like, for instance, I found out about Nightwish and Stradivarius (sp?) from my gf, and I heard of Dream Theater from my friend who found about them online, (he told me try these guys out, they're like Rush only better) but I never heard of Symphony X till this particular thread.

:( WE ARE THE UNDERGROUND!!

So, did you listen to some of Symphony X's tracks (they have several available for free on their website)? And did you like them? :(

Edited by Wytter

Guest Moranis

Thank you guys for these wonderful wonderful music choices you have posted here...

Here is my personal TOP 5

1. Rhapsody

2. Elvenking

3. Blind guardian

4. Nightwist

5. Silentivm

1. Rhapsody

2. Elvenking

3. Blind guardian

4. Nightwist

5. Silentivm

154466[/snapback]

Try late Therion - albums like Theli, Leppaca Kliffoth or Lemuria/Sirius B. Don't listen to early Therion though, it's pure death metal.

I'm listening to Nightwish 'Wishmaster' right now :P

Warrior. Disciple. In me - the Wishmaster! WWAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!

I'm also a huge (like, dangerously obsessed) fan of Mana, project leader of Moi Dix Mois and, previously, Schwarz Stein and Malice+Mizer

here's a few pictures of him:

glb919lq.jpg

102hb.jpg

mana06663wl.jpg

If anyone is interested in tradi- sorry... talking about tracks *looks suspicious* I can be reached on MSN: Jainzar@hotmail.co.uk

Dream Theatre - "Beyond This Life"

And I dunno if Pink Floyd or The Pixies are *fantasy* rock, or just progressive, but yeah.

I know!

He's so pretty... Makes me confused....

I fancy the pants off him, and everyone thinks he's female at first..

mm120dx.jpg

Mana shopping in france O.o

malicemizer6hk.jpg

Mana (lower right hand corner) in the old days of Malic+Mizer

108hb.jpg

Mana chained up... all my wildest fantasies have come true...

mana187yq.jpg

I should be ashamed of the thoughts running through my head right now...

Edited by Korhil

He's so pretty....

:P

musical genius too, he plays guitar, violin, chello, harp, everything...

Edited by Korhil

Guest Aleaeus

Roja! youve become cooler in my books besides making EL! Iron Maiden is my favourite band! PM me with your favourite song! :)

...ponders for a while......

!SYMPHONY X!

Yeah dream theatre have some interesting ideas, but they lack the audacity needed for such music.

Whereas !SYMPHONY X! have an overflowing and extremely deep well of audacious musical ideas, fun for all the family.

Really though, at music college, SX was a great convo starter, because you make everyone laugh, alot.

Good SX tunes

Wicked(hilarious a cappella vocals 3/4 through), Awakenings, Fools paradise, Out of the Ashes(hilarious in a metal boyband way), Fallen, Evolution, Inferno(anthem chorus) i could keep going actually.

Best Albums =V and Oddessy i guess

What i find puzzling, is how they stimulate my humour, but on the other hand i can still take them seriously.

If you havent heard them before, expect non-stop action, ott vocals, G-solos based around ridiculous tapping(G-technique) and some amazing ideas thrown around like rags!

Anyone here listened to 'PROGGED RADIO'??? I listen on itunes sometimes, they play just about everything posted on this thread.

My recent discoveries are Last Horizon and Bal-Sagoth (they aren't really new bands, though). The latter has some death metal influences, expecially when it comes to vocals.

don't know how much of this'll go into your category of fantasy-rock, but I for one have found quite a number of cool bands/numbers after buying the soundtrack for Alone in the Dark :) (I love soundtracks - best way to get a broad selection of music without buying a ton of cd's first - they'll only come later when you find the good bands :P ). Also I think that movie where the reason they where playing Nightwish on TV - Wish I had an Angel, right?

anyway - on to the music I've discovered - and I am aware that some of it has been mentioned before...

Nigthwish - not quite sure how I feel about those yet, even though I bought Oceanborn and Over The Hills And Far Away - I'll to listen to 'em some more I recon :)

Cradle of Filth - Damnation And A Day is cool :D - also the number Mother Of Abominations (starts with a chanting including the word Chthulu :( )

Apocalyptica - sound okay, but then again - I don't know if they only make all-intrumental numbers?

Agathodaimon - again, sounds okay

Angelzoom - think they'll fit in pretty okay as fantasy-ish

And then I'm a bit surprised no has mentined Evanesence yet? They have a few few fantasy-ish tracks as well imo.

Cradle of Filth - Damnation And A Day is cool  :devlish: - also the number Mother Of

186164[/snapback]

CoF fantasy? LOL... If you like CoF, though, you might enjoy Dimmu Borgir as well, but we're drifting towards pop-black metal now.

Good ol' Maiden - Dickenson was the best lead they had - and the Stranger in a Strange Land album still has the one of the best album arts ever (not even mention the Rythm of the Ancient Mariner - class tune).

Man 'o' War - *adopts deep voice* Metal Kings - funny band :)

Kinda of surprised that Led Zepplin have only warranted a single mention though - probably the greatest fantasy rock band :bow_arrow:

Edited by gadai