Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mhaol

Mercury

You know what really tastes good? That whitish stuff from thermomet- hey wait a sec!

Just kidding, that was my second favorate food. My first fav is ammonia... Makes you smell like nature :)

Of course, it coms from thermometers

Doh, stupid me... *slaps himself on the forehead*

of course!

Guest Shaudius

Did you know the average fish has more mercury than a rectal thermometer. Would you eat a rectal thermometer? Well I would...mmmm...mercury sweetest of the transition metals.

Sorry its a quote from Sealab 2021, but to answer the question about the origins of mercury, its been known for thousands of years, It used to be called Quicksilver, probably a better name for it in a fantasy game like this, but thats neither here nor there. The alchemists of old thought that mercury held the key to transmuting base metals into gold. They did know that mercury was highly toxic, although that didn't stop the british from using it to clean hats(hence the mad hatter in alice in wonderland), it was also used as a treatment for syphillus in old times.

Mercury can be found in rocks, soil, and the oceans naturally. Although it is very dilute in the water ecosystems. There is no real reason that it couldn't be mined the same way that other things are mined in this game, maybe require mortar to be used in conjunction with the ore to make it actually mercury.

In the words of the choral folk to me when I give a drawn out definition: Thank you my good Webster!

(No really, Webster is one of my nicknames, along with Spam, Lady Medusa, Medea, Jenji, Hey you...., B****.... Nicknames are fun.)

Ah ha! spies some mercury laying by the wayside. Grabs an empty vial and tries to fill some up..ACK! :shock: it moves away :!: :?: Runs after it...Must be QuickSilver. Oh drat it ran under a rock :twisted:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this