Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ruln

Adjust Recommended Levels in Encyclopedia

Many of the recommended levels in the encyclopedia seem to be a bit on the optomistic side. From talking online to others who have been around longer it seems that there was some tweaking a couple of versions back to generally increase the difficulty of making stuff. Given that I'd like to see the levels in the encyclopedia adjusted to something more realistic. I don't mind so much the difficulty as I do the disconnect. The fact that I'm alch 26 and critically fail 25% of the time on matter ess (Ecyclopedia recommended level 10) is really annoying. If the recommended level were something more then half my level I'd be much less prone to mumbling nasty things under my breath when I fail. ;)

Maybe the recommended level could just be made more specific. The recommended level could be given a strict definition, for example the level at which you fail exactly 50% of the time.

According to Learner (dunno if this has been changed):

At recommended level you have a 50% chance of success, each failure have 33% chance of a critical failure (item loss).

I seems that the old 'master level' (25 levels above recommended) is no longer in play, so there is still a chance of failure even with a high skill level.

I don't believe the mastery level is possible to reach anymore. There is always a chance to fail, regardless how high your skill is.

Why do you think they are good? As I mentioned above I amd 2.6 times the recommended level for matter ess and critically fail 25% of the time. I fail well over half. Is this a new definition of good that I hadn't previously heard of? :) Or recommended for that matter. Sounds more like a "remotely possible" level to me.

And note, this is a documentation issue, NOT a game mechanics issue.

Edited by Ruln

Alchemy was made to be more difficult someatime ago... Someone that is working on the Encyclopedia should contact the developers of EL to see what the values were changed to...

According to Learner (dunno if this has been changed):

At recommended level you have a 50% chance of success, each failure have 33% chance of a critical failure (item loss).

Anyone knows what's the alch level - success ratio function?

And I think the probability of a critical failure should decrease as your alchemy skill rises.