Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Daejin

Alchemists on Strike!

Well let me clear up a few things, not everyone is a high enough level in alchemy to be able to make 10's of thousand of ess. And those that are, do you feel the strain in your hand, or even for manufacturers. So hey if we are working so hard so others can enjoy our essences, and bars, why not? its not like were asking for 15gc per essence or something, just more than what it is, for the amount of hours put in sometimes to make a descent number to be useful.

I would also like to point out the other reason for all of this is to add some fun to the game, roleplay a bit, and make things more intresting. With that said, we are also fedup with our work conditions. EI Rats constantly buzzing around our work areas! Poor light! Can't we get some lamp posts that are a bit brighter :) And hey those constant cave in's on us poor workers, isn't good for us you know. Maybee we should have health benefits!

Anyhow thanks for all the support so far, there is another meeting today in the Morcraven Marsh, cave in the secret room at 7-8pm EST roughly. If you want to join, come to it, or message Daejin or Kala when were online.

Peace.

Well...from what i've seen on these forums (haven't playied in 3 or so months?) that 5 gp a piece for something you can make thoudsand of in a day is good money due to i've seen MM capes go for 7k I mean, cmon

Have you ever tried to make 5000 LEs in a day? I swear I have carpal tunnel thanks to making them

dont forget you also have to harvest the items

5000 silver ore and 10000 sunflowers +food and the time it takes to make them

Edited by Specter

Then why not make FEs if it all so horible? Going on strike isn't gonna do ANYTHING but get others even richer.

That's a bril idea figgie, I think I shall mass some HE's and sell them for 3gc each :P

I have worked in the mines all my adult life, and the working conditions and prices of the essences have got worse.

We need to setup a health and saftey committee.

We need Doctors to treat our many ailments, blisters and callouses on our hands, chronic backache, and the most dangerous of all chronic bronchitis and emphzema, caused by mine dust.

We need Optitcians to treat our poor eyesight caused by the bad light in the mines.

We need funeral and death benefits, how many of us have died while harvesting for our essences.

We need accidental benefits and saftey equipment to wear, i am fed up being rendered unconsious when the wall falls on me.

And finally we need pension rights for when we are too old and crippled to work anymore. I still dream of a little hut by the coast, for when i retire.

You wont get me, I am part of the union. :D

I would also like to point out the other reason for all of this is to add some fun to the game, roleplay a bit, and make things more intresting.  With that said, we are also fedup with our work conditions.  EI Rats constantly buzzing around our work areas! Poor light! Can't we get some lamp posts that are a bit brighter :D And hey those constant cave in's on us poor workers, isn't good for us you know.  Maybee we should have health benefits!

If the roleplaying point is important to this strike, why do you want better working conditions? Alchemists don't have bad working conditions. Buy the resources from harvesters, it's their job to sit in the caves and mine all the items. Alchs only need to mix them. This doesn't fit together imho. You want items to be sold for higher prizes, even if you are self-sufficient and don't want to buy the resources from harvesters (which would also add a role-play element).

If the roleplaying point is important to this strike, why do you want better working conditions? Alchemists don't have bad working conditions. Buy the resources from harvesters, it's their job to sit in the caves and mine all the items. Alchs only need to mix them. This doesn't fit together imho. You want items to be sold for higher prizes, even if you are self-sufficient and don't want to buy the resources from harvesters (which would also add a role-play element).

I think the assumption is being made that all alchemists are harvesters aswell, as the two jobs go hand in hand.

If your prices go up Manufactures prices must too. Armor and weapons making is not a great living either. Plus its hard to gain exp. I spent a whole week gathering materials. Uped my alch lvl from 0-18 and only gained 3 lvls in manufacturing. Plus leather prices are insane. We should be able to combine skins to make leather. Young manufactures can go broke trying to buy leather to gain a little exp.

I agree with crannog. I'm a high enough level alchemist to make anything with good success, but i still buy from others to help them out. You go on strike i'll start selling again myself. Want to put yourself in the poorhouse, if prices rise on essies other things will just cost you more also, besides many of the people, like myself, will abandon the market to make their own again. Union ...lol...what a joke, the scabs will rule! :D

Essence only people are your own worst enemies. You go and make 1000s of fe tyring to get an efe. And then dump your fe on the market and wonder why no one buys them anymore? Same thing with life essences.

The market will always determine prices, always. There is no way you will get EVERYONE who can make essences (which is everyone in the game, btw) to join this strike.

Like many others have said, i can make my own essences if need be.

YAY , yes GUYS! go on! make this!

*runs to form a cartel of mass producers of cheap fe, we, he and le watered down with antifreeze* *make shure some handymen are there to make the militia's hands wet and to give nice iron shoes and a walk in the WSC pond to anyone muscling alchemy deals near raven*

*wonders what is the nearest thing to a fedora hat and a tommy gun*

Essence only people are your own worst enemies. You go and make 1000s of fe tyring to get an efe. And then dump your fe on the market and wonder why no one buys them anymore? Same thing with life essences.

The market will always determine prices, always. There is no way you will get EVERYONE who can make essences (which is everyone in the game, btw) to join this strike.

Like many others have said, i can make my own essences if need be.

Didn't we have this convo already rend? Thats why were coming together to slow down the selling on the market.

Its easy enough to establish a floor price on pretty much anything. All you need is an NPC that buys a particular item. Whatever price they pay will be the floor.

Wether that is desirable or not I can't say.

I would like to announce that as of 1.00am gmt 9th March, all of the guild Dao is joining the strike.

Do not ask any members for any bars or essences as we dont wish to offend:p

Lmao, it's gonna make the people who stay making it get rich. So this strike will help the other alchemist very well, good idea :)

Edited by Alsrir

Lets see, the point of the strike ois to increase prices. So if prices increase then the strike has been a success, right?

Think about it... :)

Well, if this were the real world then sure. As it is you never starve to death in EL, and if you need some pocket money then just harvest a few flowers.

or you could make a valid point by suggesting (In the suggestion forum) that prices be altered in the shops to reflect the cost of making an essence were you to purchase the required materials...

(This fits in with the Role Playing so-n-so was talking about, as well as establishes a base cost... typical returns are half the buying price also, this may be added as further justification for shop pricing... I.E. for Manufactured items, you get half the buying price when selling to Trik...)

Such a post would include that to buy a red rose, red snapdragon, and a sulfer. One must spend X amount of gc, then in turn, turn around and sell it for 3 gc.

Then continue on with the other prominent essencess, I.E. Water, Life, Health, DEATH (very easy example)... etc.

Empowerment through practicality, rather than futility...

2 cents,

E.S.

Edited by Swiss

I think that HEs should sell for more then FEs but at the same time i make HEs almost as fast as i make FEs so i think it's a fair prize!