Eternal Lands Official Forums
KillerQween

Request...

I have thought long and hard (almost a year now) on how to word this request, but after today I must put it down.

I am not sure why, but people (all ages) find it ok to use the words rape, gang rape, gang bang, etc as synonyms for different things in the game. If these people had actually experienced what they are talking about...they would not use them so. But they have not, and I feel it is very callous to use these phrases so loosely. I speak for anyone (male or female) who has ever been attacked and doesn't have the courage to speak up for themselvs. FIND DIFFERENT WAYS OF EXPRESSING YOURSELF! For not only are you hurting people who have lived through this, you make yourself sound pretty damned heartless (sorry for language).

Thanks for listening

People aren't going to listen to one person's opinion Jenny. These phrases have been used in all MMORPG's for so long. Also the people who play this game (majority) come/came from Runescape. If you look t what can be said in that game (even with filter) you will know why it's used here.

Yes, you didn't have to see the actual word "rape". But.. Runescape has it's various ways of typing it getting around the filter. I've seen it plenty of times PKing in that game.

you know you can just add it to your filter list ;) unless that was removed and i havent heard about it...

its easyer to say "lets gangbang donpedro" then "lets kill donpedro with all of us" :F

in that situation i believe gangbang is the proper term since it origionated from 1 person being attacked by many members of an opposing gang.

Quote Satan:

"its easyer to say "lets gangbang donpedro" then "lets kill donpedro with all of us" :F

um.. in your world "gangbang" might mean kill.. but in rl it means something else.. if ya want me to explain it to you, you can pm me ;)

sian i do believe gangbang has more than 1 different meaning 1 of which i allready explained above...

Satan, you could easily say, "Let's all kill [player]!" It's in fact FASTER than saying, "Let's all gangbang [player]!" as it's shorter.

Satan, you could easily say, "Let's all kill [player]!" It's in fact FASTER than saying, "Let's all gangbang [player]!" as it's shorter.

And sufficient. "Let's" is an abbreviated form of "Let us". "Us" meaning You and those you're speaking to.

I don't like the terms 'rape' and 'gangbang', and have also encouraged other players not to use them in the past...

Instead they use the following:

'pwn' instead of 'rape'

and

'multi' instead of 'gangbang'

and both are faster to type :ph34r:

The political incorrectness burns! ^^
This isn't political correctness gone wrong... It's all about preventing offense about a VERY emotive topic. People who have had this kind of horrific experience DON'T want to be reminded of it whenever they play a game, and it isn't so hard to change your terminology ;) Edited by avon

Quote Satan:

"its easyer to say "lets gangbang donpedro" then "lets kill donpedro with all of us" :F

um.. in your world "gangbang" might mean kill.. but in rl it means something else.. if ya want me to explain it to you, you can pm me :ph34r:

i know what it mean ;)

I think there's alot of words used in-game that don't belong there but it's hard 2 do something about it if ppl don't respect each other enough for watching their language :)

With respect u get further then without it.

Edited by Entris

CAUTION: this post contains dictionary meanings of the term "gangbang". It is not meant to offend anyone, sorry if it does. :)

sian i do believe gangbang has more than 1 different meaning 1 of which i allready explained above...

Hmm.. I believe you are mistaken.. Here is the meaning of that term from Dictionary.Com (taken from American Heritage Dictionary)

1.Sexual intercourse, often rape, involving one person or victim and several others who have relations with that person in rapid succession.

2.Sexual intercourse involving several people who select and change partners in an indiscriminate manner.

--Nothing in there about killing people. ;)

Edited by sian

point is gangbang and rape are gamer lingo...

from dictionary.com

rape:

1. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.

2. The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.

3. Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice.

im pretty sure 'lets rape that n00b' could be 'lets improperly treat that n00b'

also you can kill him, and 'seize and carry off' their items....

so... rape for pking is a VERY good word.

u think of rape u think of sex, dats ur problem ^^

Men... Or should I say boys? ;)

Come'on guys, can't you spell "pwn"? It's shorter, and it hurts or insults noone, except maybe a few teachers, but insulting teachers is allowed :D

point is gangbang and rape are gamer lingo...

from dictionary.com

rape:

1. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.

2. The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.

3. Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice.

im pretty sure 'lets rape that n00b' could be 'lets improperly treat that n00b'

also you can kill him, and 'seize and carry off' their items....

so... rape for pking is a VERY good word.

u think of rape u think of sex, dats ur problem ^^

That's a um.. good point.. but what about the term gangbang? how do you explain that to mean pk? <_< and would you replace the phrase "Let's kill his @ss!!" with, "Let's rape his @SS!!" Since to you they mean the same?? I wanna see you scream that! Come on!! :D

Once again sorry I offend anyone.

Perosnally it dosne't bother me...same with minor swearing...yet I would never swear or say any of those things in a sentence like that. (Acutaly I have never sworn in my life ;-) ).

Thou, I can see how it would bother other people.... Maybe if you get enough people caring when someone uses those words in a phrse everyone will get mad at them and that personw ill relise the error of their ways and stop ^^

lol the only reason i use 'rape' is cuz i picked it up from someone i know irl. not like hes a rapist or anything tho...

gangbang=gangrape and its more insulting then 'pwn'

sian i do believe that the my post outlined a legitimate use of the word...but i guess if you are extremely anal about every single word's definition then your post is correct...

edit: kinda late reply on a dead topic but havent been on the net in 2 days

Edited by dragburn