Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

About the update

A lot of people are asking, and I decided to post about it, so there will be some official news, rather than myths and speculations.

The update IS ready. Both the client and server are ready for it. Now, the problem is, on some computers, especially those running Win98 but possibly some WinXP as well, the client crashes. We are trying to investigate this problem, bit it is hard since none of the developers has win98.

Soon we will have a test update, to test and see if anyone has problems with it. I will post the links and details when it's ready. Until then, have fun :)

awesome, these updates should really boost EL.

:) First post :)

Edited by Starman_Omega

Entrophy is there any chance of it being out tomarrow :) i'll check even if it does crash

It crashes at startup, you can't even see anything. But like I said, there will be a small test version, which will be available prior to the update.

Oh well it was worth a try... So when will this Test Server** be about?

Edited by MoJo

Okay sorry in advance if this is a dumb question but what will be updated. What I mean is, what parts of the game will be affected? Will we get new maps?

Thanks,

Jane

Okay sorry in advance if this is a dumb question but what will be updated. What I mean is, what parts of the game will be affected? Will we get new maps?

Thanks,

Jane

Yes I think it's the map Tarsengaad will be in... yet thats only what i heard.

I believe this iwll be a big update...everytime i go to a suggestions post I always end up seeing "that will be in the update." heck, I remember when there was a suggestion for wood and cicerco said it would be in the new update. but this is one of the best parts of EL: finding out what is new.

Well i got a question will there be any new monsters coming out ? we do need them because we have players like Donpedro who i think is too strong for the monsters now... I'd like to see a Gigantic Goblin :) or a Involved Cyclopes

Edited by MoJo

o i have one too. im a book worm and was just wondering will there be any books rare or non-rare? :)

Edited by desil

i know this, actually dont answer my question unless you already started plz i want to see what update is like myself.

Edited by desil

There will be the a surface map and an indoors map (big). And fires, and some new objects, and much better client, etc. No new monsters yet.

Tarsengaard got a Magic skool with PK maps and big halls , and some storages are in houses like Storil and Grim.

isla prima is Snow map

New interface with bether zoom in

and Logger told me there where portland gobbies but i havnt seen them myself ;D

i was on test server already :-)