Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChowRiit

New Changes - Do You Like Them

Do you like the new updates? If you like them as they are, just vote. If not, please post how you would improve on them.  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new updates? If you like them as they are, just vote. If not, please post how you would improve on them.

• I like them all
    • I don't like some/all of them - I think they should do... (Please post)
    • They should stick with the old system
    • I'm inpartial
    • I'm leaving because of this anyway, whatever happens

OK, I know there are lots of other threads about this, but the goal of this one is different:

What I want to know is, via the poll above, who likes and dislikes the changes, and, from those who dislike them, how they should improve upon them.

Please ONLY post to suggest ways the new changes could be improved upon, this is neither a flame war nor the place for short post - if you want to post here, please EXPLAIN your position, and BACK IT UP with suggestions. If you don't have anything constructive to say, please just take it elsewhere. I want SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT. The only chance we have of this improving, is if the GMs find a better alternative. Lets help them find it.

Ok, my suggestions:

I dislike the update, I would suggest one of 3 things:

1. Reset the server entirely, wiping all items, skills etc. On the new version, make fire essences one of the hardest essences - swap them with something like LE in terms of level requirements. The most valuable essence (now even more so) shouldn't be the easiest. The reset is neccessary as now anyone with a high level in alchemy, crafting, manufacturing or harvesting, especially the former and latter, have a HUGE advantage over all newer players. It will also massively increase the value of tit serps, making combat harder too. Again, advantaging older players. This whole update unbalances the game towards older players, only a reset can sort that out.

2. Return to the previous setting quickly and then consult with players about a new system. It's obvious this is unpopular, I would suggest going back to the old one while a new one is being decided on might be a good plan.

3. Remove the autoharvest and ban it from being used by outside clients. Make the recommended level (and thus everyone's fail rate) for all harvesting 1.5 to 2 times higher than its current value. Remove the harvesting limit per hour. Perhaps banning the dropping of bags in fields, and in areas imediately surrounding fruit spawns, might help stop afk macroers? Again, this system would benefit the older players though, so a reset would be needed.

Basically, as far as I can see it, either returning to the old system quickly, or resetting the server (maybe in an announce time, say a month or two, and using now till then for balancing the server for afterwards, effectively treating it as an alpha again?) - however, if you do reset, you will probably need to honestly promise never to reset again on purpose, and backup the server before updates so if something goes so wrong the server has to be reset, it can be rolled back instead.

Just my suggestions, I'd like to see what other people think should be done.

Again, I'd like to point out this thread is seperated from others because it is for CONSTRUCTIVE comments only. Please taking flaming elsewhere, and mods, I hope you agree that this particular element of the subject warrents a separate thread... Yes i do understand there is another comments thread, but its mostly 8 pages of

OMG CHANGE IT BACK or OMG DONT CHANGE IT, nothing constructive at all.

EDIT: two people other than me have now posted that it should be changed, but not said to what. You're missing the entire point of this thread guys :/

Edited by ChowRiit

Don't reset. The older players should have an advantage. THEY PLAYED THE GAME LONGER! Think about it. You worked at this corporation for 30 years, and you're now a CEO. Would you want some guy from one of the factories say this?

"Well, the people who've been here longer have too much of an advantage. We all should be factory workers to even it out."

No, you wouln't.

And you talk about making it so that older people have less of an advantage, and yet you want fire essences to be one of the hardest things to make? Fire essences are in great demand among more experienced alchers and manuers, and the more experinced players will more likely buy them for money instead of making them. And since fire essences are really easy to make (because it's impossible to fail) they're an extrememly easy way for newbies to get money and exp.

You see, the new update, although flamed a lot, is actually very good for the economy, from what I hear. It takes longer to harvest and manu! That means less items, which means the items are worth more. And the reason the economy was declining was due to the fact that the items aren't worth enough. Now all we need to do is not allow items to be sold for less than a certain amount.

EDIT: Oh yeah, shouldn't this be in suggestions?

Edited by goatsgomoo

The point is, its not the normal disadvantage of having played for longer - if they trained for 100 hours, a new player will have to train for 400 to get the same level.

To use you're annalogy, its like someone making CEO in a company, then changing the rules so he's CEO for life, and after he dies it goes to his son etc.

and your point is? They need to change it back yes, it doesn't matter its still like 1k hours of my life gone becasue the developers cant' think logically and do not play the game (except learner)

and don't worry the community will be only peopel who think just like you and wnat resets every 2 months.

On the whole I think this is a good new system. It SHOULD take longer to do complicated things. The only concern I have is that it takes a bit too long to do some activities...

There are some people who currently have large stocks of these items in storage who will be able to wait a few weeks until prices go up, then make an absolute killing on the market.

My suggestion is this: keep the system in which complicated activities take more time, but also make the higher level players able to do things more quickly.

My reasoning behind this is that a master Craftsman CAN make items more quickly at the same or better quality than his apprentice.

Edited by Kirianthis

i really don't like some of the changes made to the economy. There is a reson that people spend thair time makeing shields for turk, because it is a good way for people to make money. the manufactureing system is really bad untill you get to a high level, as you have to make thousands of reletively useless lether armour to start off with. you had to wait untill you got to lvl 14 untill you actually made anything with any real profits.

iorn shields still take quite a long time to make and with no market for them anymore they will just rot in storage. now you have to strugle for even more levels untill you can make decent swards to be able to sell them at a resonable price.

This update therfore hinders low level manufacturers by takeing away thair profits.

I am luckey, i have a full sute of plate, and wepons, getting this with the old systems was hard enough, but now requireing another efe it will put it out of the reach of most players. why should this be so? shouldn't you be able to progress in the game?

when changeing the economy, you need to consider that changes such as these don't usually effect moderators and developers that much, they mainly effect new to middle level players more. so be careful in considering the effects first.

The changes are good but still not very even ..

like for instasce harvest..

when u are high lvl u should be able to get advantage beacuse u also started as a newb.

so faster harvest still big carry weight etc etc..

<_<

but for the part of even out the score between noobs and longer playing EL'ers.

its a bit unfair for both

best sollution i believe is that u shoulb be able to lvl a bit faster up as a low lvl char

and for the high players keep it ..

because u have to wait long time before u level up after a while..

older players (mean high lvl) should get new adversaries like fighting gods or what ever

:huh: