Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
teranoz

Enriched harvestable items

Same as with the essences and potions with this difference :

While harvesting during the time you get harvest experience get a chance to harvest an enriched item (e.g. enriched iron ore).

After using this item, the harvest exp counter will be set to 0 again, so you can get exp from another 120 of the same item.

The chance should be a little higher than with the essences, because you can make loads of essences, but have only 120 chances per hour to get the enriched harvestable item.

After using for example the enriched iron ore, you will only be able to harvest iron for exp.

This would allow more harvest exp, but would not encourage macro harvesters.

I'm not sure this is a good idea. For example:

1) Harvesting vegetables.

2) Pull out an "enriched" super, giant carrot.

3) Attempt to put carrot in inventory fails.

4) Giant enriched carrot falls on player.

5) Player dies a slow, giant carrot induced, suffocating death.

But seriously, what do you mean when you say

After using this item,
Does that mean your counter gets reset only after you use the (for example) iron ore for something?

I like the idea, but the implementation should be somewhat different.

For instance, while harvesting iron, you might have a small chance for noticing a strange item in the rock, which keeps you interested in harvesting, hence you get 120 extra harvests (but only the specific rock) - after finding the item you figure out that it was nothing special afterall and you lose your interest again. When applied to edible items it could have a caffeine like effect that enables you to do 120 more harvests ;-)

I think that having a small chance to harvest double the normal amount (and stacking with the Excavator perk), increasing with your harvest level would be interesting. But of course this has nothing to do with the original topic. I'm such a spammer.