Eternal Lands Official Forums
duran

Water In Latest Cvs...

Ok, nothing related in the error logs... Could anyone please answer the below question?

Also, tell me if it always happens or only under special circumstances? (Is there any difference if you start the game in a map that has this problem to when you enter from another map?)

Should we make tile231,32,33,34,35...etc?

Only tile0 and tile231, as I said.

I went to the secret map on IP and saw the letters in the water - I was in DDD and pressed next, waited for a few seconds and pressed cont. Next thing I know is that the water displays as it should. Could be a timing issue related to creating noise? I'll try digging a bit more :-)

EDIT: Very strange. Cannot reproduce the matrix water any more... Will try another cave.

EDIT: OK, it does seem to happen sometimes in only _some_ water tiles (random, could be that the tile list has to be zerod and the textures deleted?), and most often from when you're coming from a map and going to another. I think I've seen it when starting on a map, just not 100% sure...

Final EDIT: It seems that memset(tile_list,0,sizeof(tile_list)); does the trick of removing the numbers/letters in the water...

I've tried several caves now and the fix seems to be working...

Edited by Wytter