Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Buuhan1

Platnium?

this feature got removed right after the new gamesystem got implented, with books etc, since noone though these coins would be needed anymore now that the value of a single goldcoin increased so very much. I have no idea why or when this feature got re-implented, and why it is 1,1k per coin and not 1k as be4, wich is aLot easier to count with :)

It's still 1k. The extra 100gc is the 10% charge for exchanging the coins. That's why it's 1,100gc and 900gc, depending on whether you're buying or selling. And the coins will probably be used to buy special, rare items in the future that can't be bought with gc.

-Lyn-

Well, it would really depend on how valuable those items that can only be bought by platinum would be, won't it?

If, let's say (and don't quote me on this), a Serp Sword of Magic cost only about 40 platinum coins, don't you think it would be worth it, no matter what the exchange rate?

It's not really the exchange rate, it's the value of the platinum coins.

-Lyn-

Well, it would really depend on how valuable those items that can only be bought by platinum would be, won't it?

If, let's say (and don't quote me on this), a Serp Sword of Magic cost only about 40 platinum coins, don't you think it would be worth it, no matter what the exchange rate?

It's not really the exchange rate, it's the value of the platinum coins.

-Lyn-

If so, then change the value of the platinum coin, the exchange rate is still to high.

All im saying is these coins better have a good purpose for them to cost what they do...i mean SMEG! thats alot of doe

Umm.. Maybe I am missing something..But what is the point? Like say there was a Serp Sword of Magic and it cost 40 pp so that is 44,000 gp why not just sell the sword for 44,000 gp and not 40 pp. It just puts in another middle man. I see no point unless the platinum is used for crafting or something like that. :)