Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wytter

What's Your Religion

Science (and logic) has proven that there are errors in the Bible. Denying that is just silly.

The Bible (and logic) has proven that there are errors in Science. Denying that is just silly.

Example : The bible tells us the earth is a globe (Isaiah) , and is hanging in nothing (Job), and not a flat disc standing on a pillar like science told us until after the middleages.

(*) Of course, if the god doesn't care if we believe or not, than this whole thread is meaningless.

Not really - the purpose with the thread was partly to see other people's believes, partly to see if a discussion about religion could be civilized in this forum. I am quite happy to see that there almost hasn't been any flames - shows a lot about the community :-)

And Teranoz - the dark ages are loong gone, and science is more free to actually research without having to take in account the church' word :D However, ethical considerations are still keeping science back, which is a good thing imho.

Science (and logic) has proven that there are errors in the Bible. Denying that is just silly.

The Bible (and logic) has proven that there are errors in Science. Denying that is just silly.

Example : The bible tells us the earth is a globe (Isaiah) , and is hanging in nothing (Job), and not a flat disc standing on a pillar like science told us until after the middleages.

Bollocks. The ancient Greek knew already that the earth was spherical, and the Roman Church has taught for centuries that the Earth was at the center of the universe. Anyway, if the Bible shows science to be wrong (though I wonder how you will prove that without using science), the scientific community will have to adapt to the facts.

:( I'm a...non-religious, non-atheist myself...

:) Don't know how else to describe it. I think that there's at least some other force, whether it be a god, or gods (often when something good happens I'll either shout out "Thank god" or, in my typical Tumaros one-liner idosyncracy, make a dramatic display, get down on my knees and scream "THE GODS ABOVE HAVE TRULY SHINED UPON ME THIS DAY!")...but in a non-religious way. Hard to explain.

Evolution. Aiee. :P

Christian, i have no denomination, and somehow the world says this is wrong.

I don't care how you do the ceremoy's at church, (if you go.. I donot most of the time)

it is the reason you go that matters.

(as for non-christians, i always said screw political correctness, so do what you want :( )

I thought there was no flaming.

It isn't possible. People have differences that clog their brains.

And then somebody says something stupid which envelopes them into a giant black cloud of idiocy.

And then I expose that for what it's worth.

In other words,

You thought incorrectly.

Edited by TheNewestNewbie

So I guess Wytter was wrong in that we could discuss this civilly without digressing to personal insults and defamitory remarks. Kala, you have just strengthened your position by proving the paragraph:

And then somebody says something stupid which envelopes them into a giant black cloud of idiocy.
Edited by freeone3000

Kala, you have just strengthened your position by proving the paragraph:

I'm very good at it.

Burn the books! They have too many names.

I am not even going to point out the sheer attackability you led yourself into with that statement.

I realize it. Maybe I should point out the obvious sarcasm as you appear to be oblivious to the tone of authors.

Obliviousness prevents confusion. May I ask why you want to burn the books beacuse of "too many names"?

It's the introduction to an Alanis Morissette song.

Alanis is my hero.

Oh and... I think of it as mocking George Bush Jr. and the Catholic church's approach to book bans.

Edit: The song is called "UR" on the album Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie

First verse:

"Burn the books they've got too many names and psychoses..."

Edited by TheNewestNewbie

I have a "friend" whos Wiccan. I ridicule her every opprotunity that I can.

May you burn in your own Hell, you little imp.

Uncalled for. Can't you read, bitch?

no flaming

Aw shit, I just did it too.

Edited by Jebus

Well, sad that it suddenly ended up in a flame because of controverses between 2 people who apparently couldn't understand the meaning of the words "no flames".

Anyway, I request for this topic to be locked - I doubt we can have a meaningful conversation after these few ignorant posts. Was nice to see that it lasted this long however. If not locked, please remove/delete the flames at least...

I would hate to see this moved to "flames" as it'd ruin the original meaning of my topic - it's not a good "solution" imho, and would be the sad end of an otherwise sober conversation - if some people wish to flame other religions, please do so by creating another topic in the appropriate forum instead of showing your ignorance in here.

Edited by Wytter

I beleave that God exists, and I beleave strongly in Him. But I've studied the history of religions in general, and I've seen too many examples of the men of almost all religions changeing rules and manipulatin the church body to acheave their own ends. I think that organized religion, while its fundamentals are sound, have been too corrupted to be trusted.

Edited by Master_Templar