Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kami

Suggest And/or Question!

This has probably been answered already but why doesn't Trik Sell Second-Hand armor?

I mean, it would drain Money out of the Economy very fast! Trik Can sell Second-hand Armor (He doesn't need them after all) and then player's can then have Tankle try to repair it. That's two NPCs taking Money out of circulation for only one piece of Armor.

The Blacksmith already sell Armor but if player's don't want to spend so much they could settle for for lower quality armor for a lower price and then, if the wish to improve it, They'll be spending the same, if not more for the same Item.

Now, the obvious question here would be why wouldn't a Player just buy from the Blacksmith. I say, "But Isn't that Marketing? Why sell off your good stuff if people will buy your crap!" It's just an extra option in case someone is interested in not speading as much for good armor.

While it is an interesting suggestion, it also has a flaw. The main flaw is the same one that plagues a lot of economy suggestions (so don't worry, you're not alone :D). This suggestion shifts the focus from money to items, but doesn't take away the net amount of "value" in the game (where value is roughly defined as the item's price in gold). In fact, it gives the possibility of increasing value in the economy, albeit slightly. The best sort of suggestions would decrease "value" at all times. (ie. remove items/money from the game, without replacing them with another thing)

-Lyn-

Right. I see your point. I tried.

Also, Mind you, the main flaw in EL's Economy is that it's also NPC's Generated Money Based! So long as EL's economy rotates on the fact that Gold is being constantly generated with no limit, that problem is going to be ever present!

But I've already went into that in the Economy Thread so I won't bore you.