Eternal Lands Official Forums
Garrin

Two New Perk Ideas.

Hello All.

I was just thinking......a lot of people have taken the Hellspawn, and or Anti-social perk,and most if not all of them end up "Resetting" because they can't deal with the effects of these two perks, and so I thought that maybe there could be a new negative perk, named something like......Recall, or Penance where you can pay the price of the perk, for example Hellspawn gives you -8 PP's, and maybe you could make the cost to get rid of it equal to or even double (8 PP's-16PP's) the original cost to get rid of it. I am sure people would gladly pay that instead of having to reset and start all over from scratch.

Also.....what about a sort of "Prodigy" perk where it takes you half the time to research books? I think that would be great.

On the other hand, I think that either of these could possibly be incorporated into a cloak/cape. But then again I am not a programmer so I dont know.

I Apologize if anyone has suggested anything like these already, but i was just thinking, and didnt feel like reading all of the posts in the forum.

Garrin

Of course they would rather take a perk then reset...but it's their own fault taking the perk and you should think about a perk very well before taking it.

Well speaking for myself, I took the Hellspawn perk thinking that there would only be a very small chance of actually getting sent to hell, but it seemed that every other tavern/general store I entered sent me to hell. I even got sent to hell, FROM hell, twice in a row, and that was what made me decide to reset. The description wasnt as clear as it should have been. Anyways, I still think these are two very good ideas. The cloak idea might be better. You could wear the cloak and while you are wearing it you wouldnt suffer the effects of the negative perk, but now that I think of it, you would probably have to make a lot of cloaks. I dont know.....just a suggestion.

Garrin

well this morning someone said he was swordless (meaning he didn't have a sword). i think that would be a good idea for a perk. you take swordless and can't wear a sword.

Aye but that one would be a little too convinant! I have no use for a sword at all and even giving up the ablity to wield a sword for just 2 Pick Points would be fine with me!

But that's like My suggested "Magicial Inept" Perk that prevented a player from gaining any experience in Magic or Summoning skils. It would just help Some People a little too much! But then again, So does MM!

Negative Perks are meant to Sacrifice part of your playing ability in order to strenthen the rest of you abilities. Perks like these mean Nothing when the player Sacrifices nothing or even gains a even greater advantage by the Sacrifice then they had without it.

In other words, these Suggested Perks can't be concidered Negative!