Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
xavier1

Gold Coins

When you go to withdraw gc from storage it goes somthing like this.

Withdraw coins.....

Gold coins

How many??

Why does it still ask if you want gold coins? We don't have plat. anymore.

My suggestion would be this.

Withdraw coins.....

How many??

You really don't have to ask if they want gold coins. I know this really isn't that important, but it's somthing that has been bugging me for awhile.

Good. Plats. But here's something: When I carry around three thousand gold coins, they weigh EXACTLY nothing. I mean, really. If they weigh nothing, they should be able to go at lightspeed. Or is it just the "EMU is not only weight, its how easy they are to carry" thing?

Well, anything travels at light speed when you add it to storage anyways (it looses it's weight too). But do you want to be able to carry only a max of 180 gold coins at a time? Nothing can have less than 1 EMU weight, you know (with an exception of coins)...

Edited by Cpp

Here's a question: Why not have things weigh less than one emu??

And really, it doesnt move at light speed, especially when the area's crowded, beacuse the dialog takes up to a seconed to load. It should be 186,000,000 miles away by then.

And the weight doesn't disappear, it just moves somewhere else.

EDIT: Oh that would be switching from a int to a float. Big change. Then thats a problem :EDIT

Edited by freeone3000

Umm, do you imagine a place where all player items are held (storage)? Well, i think that the items MUST loose the weight, or else we would have a storage limited by weight, not different items. And yes, it would require the change to float, and thats pretty problematic.

Or else its a warehouse close to the ground where weight dosent matter, only size, beacuse is the ground going to fall when you put too much weight on it? And if so, to where?

... come on people... i agree withxavier but where did this whole "lightspeed" thing come from? o.O

In-game I had a debate with that over local. It was about how nothing could go faster than lightspeed beacuse it would need negetive mass. So then if it had no mass it could go lightspeed and gold coins have no mass.

In-game I had a debate with that over local. It was about how nothing could go faster than lightspeed beacuse it would need negetive mass. So then if it had no mass it could go lightspeed and gold coins have no mass.

o.o that made my brain hurt :P

OK #1 you should have started a new thread.

#2 even if the coins had no mass, it still dosen't apply b/c negative mass is needed hypotitaclly to travel faster then the speed of light. The only place that it might be possiable to travel faster then the speed of light is in a blackhole. In which you would be crushed in to somthing that was 1000x smaller then a atom before you would be able to travel that fast.

In a Black hole, the speed of Light is Meaningless anyway, mostly because Time itself is in question so the Speed of ANYTHING is equally in question. In other words, you can't measure the Speed of Light once it crosses the Event Horizon. After all, Speed is only Relative!

Anyway, another Possible Theory is that in an Alternate Space such as Sub-Space (or Null-Space), the Normal equation of Mass and Gravity is redefined or even Possibly Non-Existent to where Speed itself is infinite. Also, as another Form of Energy, One's Mass is only reduced to the point where Your speed is limite only by the Medium in which it passes.