Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
StormSinger

Nh And P2p

i think there is a BIT of unfairness, im not on often enough anymore to back myself 100% herds/NHs are alot more lenient with people they know than with people that have just joined the game. There is a problem, but I think you are making it seem worse than it really is ;D. I know for a fact that any NH will answer any question they see, even if they are offtopic, talking to others at the time.

And the reason that there is a good amoutn of offtopic in n00b help and market is because the general chat channel pretty much doesnt exist anymore, so theres not as much socializing as there used to. Also this is why the noob help channel was so great before, because general chat was well populated.

Personally i think all that should go on in n00b channel is helping n00bs, no offtopic. I used to go by this, and yell at anyone going off topic, and it was useless cuz teh NH's never kicked anyone. And some mods can barely bring themselves to mute spammers, and that really ticks me off ><, i wont name names here but... =P

Fred you are right and i am as always a bit unaware of the audience. I assume most are adults or adult like individuals who post their views not out of boredom, or to put down anyone, but in a sincere desire to help.

Will the issues i have brought forth here be addressed? Who knows? Will they affect the growth of this game...yes.

Once again I state. I have not suffered from the behaviour or misbehaviour of the mods, I have merely sat mute...and sometimes NOT mute, witness to the frequency of the incidents.

Conclusion hmmm you people can draw your own but my hope in joining this is it would grow. In light of what i have witnessed the chances have dwindled in my poor estimation to little or none.

Worship at the altar of The Great God Status Quo while you may but dont expect growth or freshness from it.

To finally end my part in this thread let me say, I dont expect life to be fair, i have lived way too long and suffered too many losses to do so. I do expect any game i partake in have intentions of paying for or donate to...to be fair. To say i dont have time or money to make sure my representatives behave in a semi professional manner is to say "i dont have time or money to make this grow". Which is where our paths part, to me to spend money on a game is fair. To expect it to be fairly administered is fair. To waste time on one that will not be is silly :)

Peace People.

Chat run by mods and NH maybe one in the same who knows? Mods attempt to keep the channel on topic presumably and to assist in game play issues...presumably.

What i see is that if a mod likes any player no matter how ugly or disagreeable nothing is said but if a new player is to wander off topic *no i dont often* then they get slapped down threatened with muting *denoobing* in noobie channel and other assorted game nightmares.

Finally somebody that understands...

that I had done between 5 and 10 good acts.

I have 5 offences and will be denoobed on next offense. But I have done countless healings in the past 3 days, yet I haven't had any warnings removed <_<

Indol...for one, out of channel stuff means nothing. The punishments are for channel only, so why should out of channel stuff effect it?

As for storm, if I show favorites, tell me, I might not even notice I am. You are absolutely right, moderators in generl show favoritism towards possible older players (such as mikeh) or guild mates. Also, that politeness comment was not directed towards you, I have seen you in-game and you are polite. There are some people in channel that go "What the smeg are you goddamned smeging segers talking about" that get kicked and then come back and say "What the smeg was that for you smeg sucking bitch". Those are the kinds of people who I'm talking about, and there have been quite a few, whether it was in channel or over PM. Some do it in a more indirect wa but is still disrespectful. Anyways, I appreciate your concern and I will keep an open mind.

Respectfully yours,

LV

I would like to say that since this thread has been added to this forum, I have noticed that quite a few of the mods have been taking a few of the suggestions raised here, and the favouritism has been reduced somewhat. (Not entirely thwarted, but things are getting better.)

Also I've noticed that more people are advising others to change channels rather than just saying something like STFU... In my opinion when people keep telling someone to STFU it's just as annoying as the person who's rabbitting on in the first place.

I think that threads such as this one will help people realize just how difficult it is to make a great game, and give us all more of an appreciation for the developers and all who are involved in making the game as good as it is.