Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarkWarriorBOW

2 Things Still Quite Wrong With The Game

Hey all, 2 things I know still are not right in this game. Maybe I should have posted this in programming, I don't know but here goes :

Just brought to my attention in this forum that not only my closer friends experience this :

Tankel only repairs your stuff if you are very, VERY lucky !

I am not going to pay a person a damn dime if he screws up the job I am giving him. Not in RL, and not in EL either. And since Tankel is extremely good at destroying your stuff and still takes your money no matter how many times he screws up, I'd say the dude is a scammer LOL.

Please do something about his fail-rate because this simply stinks and I am quite sure not even 30% of the community would even consider using his... well. what should have been services... at all.

Another fail-rate issue that I tried to bring to programmers attention (and got waved away with a smile that I got it all wrong and stuff, well, I got it right !) is the failing rate with recommended levels.

Take for instance potions :

Let's say you need lvl 16 potion for making mindrests (numbers can be off, this is an -example-)

when you start making them at lvl 12 potions, you will have like 19 out of 20 success, and the closer you get to lvl 16, the worse it gets !

With potions I noticed I went down to like 10 out of 20 at the required level, and then slowly as I went over the recommended level, it gets slightly better with every level I exceed it.

However, if I have twice the level that is recommended, I still fail and lose ! whats up with that ?

This goes for every skill in the game, and up to now, everyone I talked to and that paid attention to it, noticed the same I did.

Another thing. Is it really as random as the coders say it is ? I am great at spotting patterns in processes, even complex processes that other people say can't be put into a formula (thats what made me a professional coder in the first place) and I can almost smell the pattern in this levelling stuff as an off-target formula with a bad random seed.

Or is that just me seeing things...

Hey all, 2 things I know still are not right in this game. Maybe I should have posted this in programming, I don't know but here goes :

Just brought to my attention in this forum that not only my closer friends experience this :

Tankel only repairs your stuff if you are very, VERY lucky !

I am not going to pay a person a damn dime if he screws up the job I am giving him. Not in RL, and not in EL either. And since Tankel is extremely good at destroying your stuff and still takes your money no matter how many times he screws up, I'd say the dude is a scammer LOL.

Please do something about his fail-rate because this simply stinks and I am quite sure not even 30% of the community would even consider using his... well. what should have been services... at all.

Another fail-rate issue that I tried to bring to programmers attention (and got waved away with a smile that I got it all wrong and stuff, well, I got it right !) is the failing rate with recommended levels.

Take for instance potions :

Let's say you need lvl 16 potion for making mindrests (numbers can be off, this is an -example-)

when you start making them at lvl 12 potions, you will have like 19 out of 20 success, and the closer you get to lvl 16, the worse it gets !

With potions I noticed I went down to like 10 out of 20 at the required level, and then slowly as I went over the recommended level, it gets slightly better with every level I exceed it.

However, if I have twice the level that is recommended, I still fail and lose ! whats up with that ?

This goes for every skill in the game, and up to now, everyone I talked to and that paid attention to it, noticed the same I did.

Another thing. Is it really as random as the coders say it is ? I am great at spotting patterns in processes, even complex processes that other people say can't be put into a formula (thats what made me a professional coder in the first place) and I can almost smell the pattern in this levelling stuff as an off-target formula with a bad random seed.

Or is that just me seeing things...

About Tankel:

He was added ingame to give you a chance to save some money instead of buying a whole new armor/weapon altogether. If he succeeds, you can basically reuse that weapon and waste little cash. Then again, if he fails, you suffer the repair cost + buying a new armor/weapon (which by the time this happens, the price of the item has fallen again).

About failing rates:

This is purely decided on skill you. ;) I was alc lvl 48 and I was getting 99/100 tit bars. To completely master something, you must have a skill level of:

"Mastery" Skill level = Recommended Level + 25

As it stands:

I would rather just buy the new armor/weapon. I am still walking around carrying a pre-owned serp, and have been for a week. I will use it until it dies because guess what? I have some stones in storage, and when the other 4 serps I have break, I can have 2 more made.

Why waste money on a 30% success rate?

Why waste time on a quest to get a 30% success rate?

I have no answer to these besides the obvious.

Why not make the items degrade over time, and have a all-in-one stop shop/repair?

Because there are not enough items in the game to warrant that. I posted a solution to this which has gone unheeded.

*shrug*

As for the manu/pot fail rate:

Expect failure, you wont be disappointed.

About Tankel:

He was added ingame to give you a chance to save some money instead of buying a whole new armor/weapon altogether. If he succeeds, you can basically reuse that weapon and waste little cash. Then again, if he fails, you suffer the repair cost + buying a new armor/weapon (which by the time this happens, the price of the item has fallen again).

About failing rates:

This is purely decided on skill you. ;) I was alc lvl 48 and I was getting 99/100 tit bars. To completely master something, you must have a skill level of:

Tankel yes, he was put in game to give you a chance etc..

ehmm.. im just explaining he doesnt give most of us a chance but simply takes our money AND the armour that might still be useful for a newbie LOL

Failing rates. ok, understood mastery level.

But that still doesnt explain the initial problem I laid out. (below and working up to recommended level gradually made chance of success worse)

About Tankel:

He was added ingame to give you a chance to save some money instead of buying a whole new armor/weapon altogether.  If he succeeds, you can basically reuse that weapon and waste little cash.  Then again, if he fails, you suffer the repair cost + buying a new armor/weapon (which by the time this happens, the price of the item has fallen again).

About failing rates:

This is purely decided on skill you. ;)  I was alc lvl 48 and I was getting 99/100 tit bars.  To completely master something, you must have a skill level of:

Tankel yes, he was put in game to give you a chance etc..

ehmm.. im just explaining he doesnt give most of us a chance but simply takes our money AND the armour that might still be useful for a newbie LOL

Failing rates. ok, understood mastery level.

But that still doesnt explain the initial problem I laid out. (below and working up to recommended level gradually made chance of success worse)

If he destroyed armor and didn't make you pay? Then that means you had the chance to get a whole new piece of that equipment for a much lesser price, which basically will hurt manuers.

As for skill level, it's pure luck in the end. Be happy and you might get more successes.

As far as other things Level 50 potions you will never ever miss a pot for restoration spell it is level 42 magic.. and for att/def to be able to kill xfigx it is 12 att no defense cause he'll dis you anyways these damn crafters hehe