Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stasia

Stupid Story

My grandfather used to tell about a country lad who went to the big city to seek his fortune, but had no luck finding a job. One day, wandering through the red light district, he spotted a Help Wanted sign in a window.

They were looking for a bookkeeper, but after the madam quizzed the boy about his education and discovered that he could neither read or write, she turned him away.

Feeling sorry for him, she gave him two big red apples as he left. A few blocks down the street, he placed the apples on top of a garbage can while tying his shoe, and a stranger came along and offered to buy them.

The boy took the money to a produce market and bought a dozen more apples,which he sold quickly. Eventually he parlayed his fruit sales into a grocery store, then a string of supermarkets. Eventually he became the wealthiest man in the state.

Finally he was named Man of the Year, and during an interview a journalist discovered that his subject could neither read or write.

"Good Lord, Sir," he said. "What do you suppose you would have become if you had ever learned to read and write?"

"Well," he answered, "I guess I would have been a bookkeeper in a whorehouse."

:lol:

im quitting school!!~1! oh, wait, it would rock to be a book-keeper in a whorehouse! B)

I know similar story about a guy who wanted to be janitor in Microsoft, email and tomatoes. >:(

Regards.

:lol:

im quitting school!!~1! oh, wait, it would rock to be a book-keeper in a whorehouse! :(

cusshy job since nobody thats sane reads

haha yeah i know it was dumb, but it was passed on to me so i dumped it in here :(

no apologies.

i got a good story

my teacher in the 4th grade got mad at some teacher and told her i wish you would die and she was dead the next day...

*note to myself: dont get on sirdan's bad side* :unsure: