Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VegaDark

Suggestion About Reseting Characters

Ok, from my understanding a brand new character starts at level 3 with 5 pickpoints. When you reset your character however, you start at level 0 with 0 pickpoints.

Books read and skills aside, starting a new character would be better. At the maximum obtainable level, someone who restarted would have 2 pickpoints less than someone who never restarted their character. To fix this, I would suggest to have either:

1) When you restart, start at level 0 but start with 2 pickpoints to use

or

2) When you restart, start at level 3 and have 5 pickpoints to spend as would a brand new character.

The other option would be If you made brand new characters start at level 5, but then the existing characters would have an advantage, so you couldn't do that.

Thoughts?

I have similar issues, considering some people reset at a very high level and have to gain all their OA levels again (while yes, it is faster, loosing 70+ OA levels is a some what annoying thing to recover I'm sure).

Why not keep all the current experience gained, or even half... then allow players to use those pp's again.

-E.S.

I don't know about getting all your OA exp back, that would make it so people have no drawbacks of reseting and people would do it all the time to go from a fighter to a harvester and back again or whatever. Maybe if there was a system where you could reset to level 0 for free, and reset to half your level for your level*1000 gold (so an overall level 50 would pay 50k gold and when they reset start at level 25 w/appropreate amount of points or something.

Anyway, that's a whole other issue.

LOL, disregard this entire thing. I just started a new character to see if the info I got was accurate, and apparently it is wrong and you do start at level 5 after all that. (I asked in newbie help and someone said you start at level 3, and I also asked a newbie helper who confirmed it, so ;) )

Did the starting level used to be 3 or something? Is that why 2 people said it was?

LOL, disregard this entire thing. I just started a new character to see if the info I got was accurate, and apparently it is wrong and you do start at level 5 after all that. (I asked in newbie help and someone said you start at level 3, and I also asked a newbie helper who confirmed it, so :unsure: )

Did the starting level used to be 3 or something? Is that why 2 people said it was?

Maybe they were misled?

LOL, disregard this entire thing.  I just started a new character to see if the info I got was accurate, and apparently it is wrong and you do start at level 5 after all that.  (I asked in newbie help and someone said you start at level 3, and I also asked a newbie helper who confirmed it, so  :unsure:  ) 

Did the starting level used to be 3 or something?  Is that why 2 people said it was?

Maybe they were misled?

You asked me and I said that you started at level 5 with 5 pp. Maybe u heard me wrong?

You start at OA level 5, with 5 pp.

Your initial Att/Def levels are both 3.