Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sam3773

Death on EL

I think that when you die in Eternal-Lands like when you die you defence goes down like 1k exp becasue some people just deposit there stuff in storage and go to Hostile maps and pick up stuff people have droped and if they die they dont loose anything!

I think I should disable the beam me up thing in the PK maps (and, eventually, in all the maps)...

Then, if people go there to loot bodies, high lev players can wait for them at the exit, and kill them, steal their loot.

Losing xp when you die?

I dotn like it, dying has nothing to do with losing xp. I like the way it is now, maybe the beam me up command should be disabled in the whole game though.

That wont really solve much ent, The people that go there to loot bodies have NOTHING to lose, only can gain. Even if the higher level did come back and kill them, they still lose nothing that was originally theirs. And all you would have to do is, go in there to loot the body, and just log off for like 20 mins. The person that lost gear probably wont wait for you that long at the entrance.

Give newbies beam me up till level 6, but after that you cant use it anymore. I see that there are isle prima rings, but wtf are they for, since you can just #beam me up

yeah the way i see it is the loosing exp, than they have something to loose! but with that there is another problem, they can go there on a new user to get stuff than trade it with them selves so :S

unless the game gets faster or has a transport system similar to that in DS then beam up is the best thing for not making the game feel draged out.

I think it should be done with, but something should be put in its place, maybe a #beam me up command that uses items that you have to open a portal. Clicking just gets annoying. =P

So it would sorta be like casting a magic spell.

There could be a saparate thing like:

Teleport points 5/10

or something and everytime you beam up it uses one tele point and they cost hmmm 1k each point? than they will have something to loose!!

Have the magic people (Like in WSC and Portland) be able to beam you up for a price (1-3k?), but if you aren't in a major city, you're hoofing it. I also agree wit the #beamup until a certain br, it gives you some time to get aquiatinted so you don't get lost in the middle of nowhere. :)

Yea I guess when ppl loot bodies and then purposefully die so that they can keep something is abusing the ability to die.....

Maybe this can be solved by not keeping anything that you picked up in teh last 5 minutes when you die.

Or maybe there should be lose of exp only in PK maps...

The beam me up thing was initially put there ebcause there were various bugs with the maps, and some people got trapped. It was never meant to stay, and it will be removed soon, once we weed out the map problems.

Otherwise, if a player gets stuck, then I'll have to have someone manually send them to the noob...

The thing is, PK maps is where a lot of the players do their training. In PK maps is also where all the strong monsters are hence a lot of dying....

loosing exp when you die isnt a good idea - but somethiung that reminds you that you actually died yould be a good idea, like a death-counter in the stats menu.. That way people, who actually cares about their player stats, wouldnt just wander out in PK maps and loot bodies. :(

maybe isnt such a good idea, but what the heck ;)

I like this death counter thing, if soon were having a leader board maybe the amout of deaths you had will affect that?

no you should loose exp when you die

you know when your skateboarding or soccer or andything when you get hurt BROKEN LEG

you forget how to do stuff ( i had a friend broke his leg then quit skating cuz he couldn't even ollie )

he used to be really good

Umm, no you never actually "forget" how to do things (Barring special circumstances such as Amnesia)! You can develop a Psychological Memory-Block caused by a Trauma in which ones own Fear prevents a some one from repeating the original cause of the Trauma, such as the case of your friend but it's not the Same thing as "Forgetting" how to do something. Basically, your friend is so traumatized by his accident that his subconscious is preventing him putting himself into the same or equally dangerous situation as the first, thus preventing him from doing even the simplest tricks.

Anyway, to the point! You can't Lose Exp. It’ll be like losing several hours or even several days of work. I like the Temporary Lost of Stats Idea. It's much like how that after you die, you start off with no Life and have to wait for it to slowly come back. It's logical that if you're half-dead, it'll impede how you function and move and even Fight.

Actually, that should be how it is anyway. With more damage you take, that Damage should impede your mobility and skills, causing it to be harder to move, fight, perform tasks, work, Harvest, Etc. Obvious, if your Life is as Zero, it would be next to impossible to move, much less anything else and a player would need to take it slow and easy, waiting for their health (and thus their Skills) to rise before they can continue with anything beyond seeking Refuge. On the Flip Side though, with full health you have no penalty and you're Work and Actions shouldn't be as hard as they are now. Doing this would certainly encourage players to take the Game slow at the start and not try to jump ahead to quickly!

More Heath equals better productivity and less heath equals less productivity. If players had to live by these rules, most would choose not to take as many chances early in the game and instead limit themselves to working on balancing their skills. Of course, you might want to reduce the dependencies on Rabbits for newbies at the beginning as that’ll make it harder on them.

The beam me up thing was initially put there ebcause there were various bugs with the maps, and some people got trapped. It was never meant to stay, and it will be removed soon, once we weed out the map problems.

Otherwise, if a player gets stuck, then I'll have to have someone manually send them to the noob...

why not have only certain areas on only certain maps (not PK maps) where u can use beam up

or even just certain areas with Isla Prima flags (like in arena) so u dont have to

A. walk all the way back just to have a merry little chat around the campfire

B. buy hundreds of IP rings " "

maybe the beam me up command should be disabled in the whole game though.

the beam me up command is very useful especially for trading and stuff.maybe instead of the beam me up command a portal that teleports u to where the beam me up command is.

Nah, why would you delete beaming then? If you want to trade with someone, just meet in an Inn, or both teleport to a certain place using a spell. Doesn't sound too bad, right?

Certainly makes roleplay a function. Imagine, the White Stone City Bazaar being used for once.. instead of 12 people standing around an old fireplace. Certainly can't beat that atmosphere. bit out-of-the-way, but with horse rides coming into play soon, getting from city to city will be much faster.

And let's face it.. is the game really better when you can just warp, instantly, back to safety and trade without walking a step? Common..

Won't there? I haven't heard about them in a long while... At first (really long ago) we didn't, due the chars being MD2. But I think I recall someone (prolly Roja) saying there would be horses afterall. But what the status is now? I've got no idea...